PDA

View Full Version : are all midwest machs in storage

JTCOBRA
11-18-2003, 11:25 AM
or do we have some daily drivers out there?????

just wondering

JEFF:)

03 DOHC Mach
11-18-2003, 12:31 PM
Mine is tucked away for the winter!:D

mongoose
11-18-2003, 01:50 PM
It's fire and theft only time I'm afraid. See you all in April.:gears:

rcode99
11-18-2003, 02:47 PM
Took mine from northern to southern Illinois for its last major road trip. **** if it didn't rain like hell when I got there. Its in the garage except for when its absolutely dry and salt-free.

MachKid03
11-18-2003, 02:57 PM
Put mine away last week... now it's supposed to be 60 on Thursday... grrrrr

Roccod1
11-18-2003, 04:48 PM
Everyday rain or shine it's me and my Mach.

MACH & ROLL
11-18-2003, 04:50 PM
Mine will go into hibernation 1st week of Dec.

69mach
11-18-2003, 05:27 PM
Washed,Waxed and moved her to the big garage last week.
Now I find out local club is going to be in the Christmas Parade this Sunday.:(

Decision time--
Do the Parade and spend the next weekend cleaning Mach ?:MADNOEL:
or
Deer Hunt and spend next weekend making sausage ? :CHEERS:

red302
11-18-2003, 08:29 PM
My Mustangs are in the garage just resting. When there's a decent day with dry roads, they like to come out and play! :D

Indy Mach
11-18-2003, 08:54 PM
I drive my Mach everyday. That's means in the snow too. I drove my Eibach Sprung 02 GT last year, all winter. Luck would have it that Indy had about 50 inches of snow last year. Driving a lowered mustang in these conditions is not for the faint hearted.

JTCOBRA
11-18-2003, 09:01 PM
this year before the end until March to florida.

Indy Mach- didnt you check the box for all wheel drive?????LOL

JEFF:THUMBSUP:

Hammer
11-18-2003, 09:37 PM
Mine will come out only when it's dry and salt free. hopefully at least once every couple weeks. I drove her the other day after having withdrwals for over a week. How can any of you stand it not driving your Mach's all winter long. Ya must go nuts waiting and waiting...waiting....waiting for spring:frown:

DanK
11-18-2003, 11:49 PM
Forced into hibernation by weather only. It it rains it stays in the garage until the roads are dry.

DanK
11-18-2003, 11:49 PM
Forced into hibernation by weather only. It it rains it stays in the garage until the roads are dry.

340.29m/s
11-19-2003, 12:25 AM
Mine's a daily driver....

Hope the winters dont get tooo bad around here (I am too poor to buy rims and snow tires :p)

Indy Mach
11-19-2003, 06:53 PM
JT Cobra-Good Point! Luckily I only have to drive a couple of miles to work. It can still be a handfull though. I'm hoping for a light winter.

Tony Alonso
11-19-2003, 09:12 PM
Daily driven and will be unless there is ice on the roads or the amount of snow is over 6"...16,200 fun miles since Dec. 5, 2002!

chuckspeed
11-21-2003, 09:35 AM
Rain, sleet, snow - nothing stops Max the Mach.

I even ride a motorcycle 12 months outta the year.

If you're afraid of the alloy bits getting salted - a liberal coat of fogging oil keeps them like new thru the winter season. Gotta do that next week - it's what the T-day break is for!

Minnesota Mach1
11-21-2003, 09:43 AM
My Mach 1 went into storage on 11/1/03 - no winters for this beauty - and the very next day it snowed!

The snow didn't stick around, but we're due for 2 to 6 inches this weekend (if you can believe the weatherman).

I'm glad I've got my pride & joy tucked in for a "long winter's nap".

Now all that needs to happen is for MRT to come out with a cold air intake assembly for the Mach 1 (so I have an excuse to tinker with the car this winter).

mach1grrl
12-03-2003, 01:31 AM
Daily Driver here...I am too young to afford two cars!

indianajohn
12-03-2003, 02:43 AM
Mine is tucked away and under her blanket for the winter.

02mach1
12-04-2003, 11:00 PM
It is cover up for the winter:CHEERS:

surfnet
12-04-2003, 11:15 PM
Daily driver here. I average about 50 miles per day.

Golions
12-08-2003, 08:47 PM
Washed, polished and waxed last week. Covered, fuel stabilized and resting in the garage. Road salt is no way to treat the Mach. Fortunately I have an F150 to hit the snow with. Hurts keeping insurance on it while I am not driving it, but roadsalt / rust is too unpredictable. Once it starts, it spreads like a virus. When spring comes I will be ready to go.

GiddyUp!

mongoose
12-10-2003, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Golions
Washed, polished and waxed last week. Covered, fuel stabilized and resting in the garage. Road salt is no way to treat the Mach. Fortunately I have an F150 to hit the snow with. Hurts keeping insurance on it while I am not driving it, but roadsalt / rust is too unpredictable. Once it starts, it spreads like a virus. When spring comes I will be ready to go.

GiddyUp! :confused: Do you drop the full coverage,and just leave the fire and thieft? I just put our's away,and the ins. dropped 2/3rds in price. Just wondering?
Take care my friend,....'goose!:secret:

2003_shaker
12-10-2003, 09:30 PM
On Sunday, I was feeling kinda irritable and didn't know why. I drove the Mach to work on Monday and returned home refreshed and with a sense of peace and well being. Then I knew what it was. I had been in Mach withdrawal. Don't know how I'm going to make it through the winter. Looks like I picked the wrong time to quit smoking again.

My Mach is going to be spending the bad part of the winter in the driveway with an Evolution IV cover on her. Our Audi and AWD minivan have dibs on the garage over the winter, in the interest of keeping the kids warm...

Golions
12-16-2003, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by mongoose
:confused: Do you drop the full coverage,and just leave the fire and thieft? I just put our's away,and the ins. dropped 2/3rds in price. Just wondering?
Take care my friend,....'goose!:secret:

I tried to on the advice of Progressive, my ins. company. They said I would need to check with my lender. Just so happens that Dearborn Federal Credit Union won't let me keep the fire and theft on it. Since they hold the note I am not sure if I can fight it. It blows but I think I am stuck until the loan is paid off.

GiddyUp!

Golions
12-16-2003, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Golions
I tried to on the advice of Progressive, my ins. company. They said I would need to check with my lender. Just so happens that Dearborn Federal Credit Union won't let me keep the fire and theft on it. Since they hold the note I am not sure if I can fight it. It blows but I think I am stuck until the loan is paid off.

GiddyUp!

Meant to say they won't let me keep ONLY fire and theft. They want full coverage.

indianajohn
12-16-2003, 08:49 PM
same here I have to keep full coverage while its in storage

connatic
12-28-2003, 02:15 PM
My snow tires are on but where's the snow?

Blowngt92
12-28-2003, 06:24 PM
My Mach has been in storage since dec. 1, but as luck would have it we got a 3 day run of high 40-low 50 temps on a weekend. So friday night I took the car out for a mid-winter cruise then put it back since it rained sat and sunday I had to do some things with the family. But at least I am not having the withdraws of not driving the car as much now :D

jspalmer01
12-28-2003, 07:02 PM
It's in the garage with a cover on it. Nice weekend day with no salt on roads out she goes. Weather has been pretty mild in St. Louis so far this winter. Only one measurable snow thus far.

2003_shaker
01-13-2004, 07:23 PM
Drove it to work today after it sat for 10 days... Just couldn't leave it alone.

buckholdj
01-17-2004, 12:23 AM
If it's above freezing, not raining and I have to go somewhere, I drive it. Otherwise it's the wife's car that gets used.

j2003mach1
01-17-2004, 02:01 AM
drive it everyday!

rain snow or shine im smiling all the way to work (5.2 miles)

BlackSunshine
01-18-2004, 03:20 AM
Mine is sitting in the garage untill spring....just have storage insurance on her right now....really cheap! I just go and start her once a week...and wipe her down if theres some dust on her.....

Timmy's Toy
02-05-2004, 12:50 PM
As I watch the snow falling and piling up rather quickly I am happy to say mine can stay under the covers in the garage and say all nice warm and clean till spring. I need no salt on my toy.
:COOL:

Drenath
02-13-2004, 03:18 PM
<-Daily driver, even in the snow. Bring it!

mach1grrl
02-13-2004, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Drenath
<-Daily driver, even in the snow. Bring it!

That makes two of us...mine has pretty much been driven every day since I got it a year ago...rain, snow, etc....I enjoy driving it too much to put it away :)

2003_shaker
02-13-2004, 03:49 PM
Drove it to work downtown today!!

Drenath
02-13-2004, 03:52 PM
Some of the local streets can take a lil longer than usual, but it's hella fun slidin around turns sideways when you're tryin.

Usually the big roads are pretty well plowed if you wait a bit so that's not much of the problem. Most of my 26mile commute is on the Elgin O'Hare an 53/290n.

Sometimes the drive-through's are a bit of a trick. Last week the County Farm/Army Trail one was giving me a good time. It's about a 15-20% grade and they hadn't shovelled it. The only place my back-end wanted to go was to the right!

Rain actually makes me more nervous than snow, because it cost me a wreck back in September.

How's yours been handlin' the weather?

Drenath
02-13-2004, 03:58 PM
The Mach 1 Nut formerly known as Andy BurkholderLol, wonder if you're related to my brother's friend of the same name. He's 17-18 and lives in Carol Stream...

mach1grrl
02-13-2004, 04:07 PM
Some of the local streets can take a lil longer than usual, but it's hella fun slidin around turns sideways when you're tryin.

Usually the big roads are pretty well plowed if you wait a bit so that's not much of the problem. Most of my 26mile commute is on the Elgin O'Hare an 53/290n.

Sometimes the drive-through's are a bit of a trick. Last week the County Farm/Army Trail one was giving me a good time. It's about a 15-20% grade and they hadn't shovelled it. The only place my back-end wanted to go was to the right!

Rain actually makes me more nervous than snow, because it cost me a wreck back in September.

How's yours been handlin' the weather?

Yeah luckily I only have less than a 10 mile drive to work and by the time I leave streets are pretty cleared. I had trouble a few weeks back when everything iced over though. I came out of a bar at 2am, streets were iced over really bad, so driving was pretty tricky that night. Ended up not even making it up my drive way. I have snow tires on it that I had from my previous GT so that helps a little in the snow.

So you already had a wreck in your mach????

Drenath
02-13-2004, 04:19 PM
Yup, was headin to my dad's in Geneva, going westbound on North Av. just west of 59. Had the trac off to get a feel for the wet handling and that's what did it I guess - I changed lanes with my foot on the gas and spun 90degrees right into a guardrail. Took the nose of the car (front bumper, headlights, grill, etc) right off and pulled my frame 6" to the right. I also had a secondary hit on the driver's rear fender, but that was really minor.

5 weeks and $14k later she's back and just like new! I got really lucky with the place I took it to - the owner of the shop had a '69 Mach1 so he took a personal interest in my car, he wanted it to be perfect!

mach1grrl
02-13-2004, 04:30 PM
Yup, was headin to my dad's in Geneva, going westbound on North Av. just west of 59. Had the trac off to get a feel for the wet handling and that's what did it I guess - I changed lanes with my foot on the gas and spun 90degrees right into a guardrail. Took the nose of the car (front bumper, headlights, grill, etc) right off and pulled my frame 6" to the right. I also had a secondary hit on the driver's rear fender, but that was really minor.

5 weeks and $14k later she's back and just like new! I got really lucky with the place I took it to - the owner of the shop had a '69 Mach1 so he took a personal interest in my car, he wanted it to be perfect!

Awwwww man...I cringe just reading that!! Well luckily she's back and good as new! Usually what I worry about most driving my mach daily is other drivers who don't know how to drive...that's my biggest fear. Only problem I have experienced so far with mine was about 2 months ago when I went to start my car on my lunch and it wouldn't idle...just kept dieing. They had to order the part so I was without my baby for a couple days...I always worry when bringing it to the dealership to get anything done so you were lucky that the owner took such good care of your car...that must have made you feel much better. Well glad it all turned out good!

2003_shaker
02-13-2004, 05:03 PM
Lol, wonder if you're related to my brother's friend of the same name. He's 17-18 and lives in Carol Stream...

Is he related to Evan Burkholder, a Chicago Attorney? Evan is my Dad's Second Cousin. . .