PDA

View Full Version : Wish me luck

QTRPONY
10-13-2008, 04:18 PM
Well if all goes well QTRPONY will be back on the road today after 2 years of being on jackstands. I changed the oil and checked everything out and optimistically hooked up the battery, turned the key and she fired right up. Must be lonely and not want to give me any crap that would delay getting her back out.

I have a friend coming over to help throw in the new TKO 500 and like I said,if all goes well, I will be driving it this evening. I have to get the tags renewed that expired while I was gone but luckliy since I was deployed AZ does that for free so I just have to pay for this years.

Hope to see you guys on he road here soon
Tuck

mach1of03
10-13-2008, 04:23 PM
Enjoy, and welcome back. :worship:

TorchedMach1
10-13-2008, 07:32 PM
Welcome back man!!! Glad to hear you got her up and running again. There is a 1320x stangs event coming up soon at Speedworld, you sould enter. Would be nice to get a few Machs out there.

QTRPONY
10-14-2008, 12:20 AM
Welcome back!
Hopefully it will run better!:COOL:

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Tuck-and-Wild-Bill-square_37391.htm

Found that night's time slips last night for some strange reason! LOL!

I let you win :butt:

rsnider
10-14-2008, 12:07 PM
It's really good to hear from you again!!!!

Hope we can get together soon for some track time or just to get the mach 1's together.

Rick

Olivas
10-14-2008, 10:49 PM
Hope all went well, wish I could be there to see that thing run.

INDY
10-15-2008, 04:06 AM
Glad to hear your getting her back on road/track again.

QTRPONY
10-15-2008, 06:17 PM
Well we were delayed a few days. Had trouble getting the input shaft, TOB, and clutch lined up and my friend had to leave so we still need to finish.

Also, I realized I have to go through emissions before getting the tags renewed. Anybody done this lately. I heard from somebody they don't do a visual and just plug into the ECM and check for codes but not sure if I want to risk it.

Just means I have to take out the straight pipes and put in the cats but don't want to bother if I don't need to. Anybody had to get tested lately?

1crazymach
10-15-2008, 08:55 PM
welcome back

INDY
10-15-2008, 11:51 PM
I'm getting tested this week so I'll let ya know.

DesertMach
10-16-2008, 01:49 PM
Well we were delayed a few days. Had trouble getting the input shaft, TOB, and clutch lined up and my friend had to leave so we still need to finish.

Also, I realized I have to go through emissions before getting the tags renewed. Anybody done this lately. I heard from somebody they don't do a visual and just plug into the ECM and check for codes but not sure if I want to risk it.

Just means I have to take out the straight pipes and put in the cats but don't want to bother if I don't need to. Anybody had to get tested lately?

I went through Emiisions a few months ago and all they did was plug into the port, and (try to check the gas cap), the cap is still the original with the strap so they just let it go without testing, this was at the testing station at 23rd and dunlap.

rsnider
10-16-2008, 07:41 PM
When I went through they stuck a mirror on a stick under the car. I only assumed they were looking for the cats?

QTRPONY
10-21-2008, 03:30 PM
Will be working on it this afternoon so I will try to hit the emissions on 43rd ave tomorrow or the next day and see what happens.

QTRPONY
10-22-2008, 12:25 AM
Well she is off the jack stands and running. Even though the tags expired in MAY 07, I took my chances with the po po and drove to QT to fill up with fresh gas since the gas in it was NOV 06 vintage. Ran fine though the new tranny is pretty tough to shift. I am hoping it just needs to be broken in a little.

I then pushed my luck and drove a couple more miles down the road to the closest car wash to wash off 2 years of dust. I knocked off the top layer but I need to give it a good douching to get it clean.

I still need to make it to emissions and get the tags renewed but all in all I am finaly glad that when I walk in my garage now I don't have to see my toy sitting on jack stands.

TorchedMach1
10-22-2008, 01:24 AM
Congrats man! Nice to see you got her back up and running. Now I guess I need to get mine fixed so we can get all of the AZ Mach's out to the track.

CompOrange
10-22-2008, 01:48 AM
I was tested back in june and they didn't run the mirrors under my car. The guy knew I was running on O/R, it wasn't hard for him to tell, especially after they turned it off and started it back up. I was sweating it there for a second and then next thing I know he hands me my sheet saying I passed. :23:

Will be nice to have another mach out at the track.

QTRPONY
10-22-2008, 04:21 PM
I am now street legal again. Went through emissions with no problems. Since I already had the exhaust off I went ahead and removed the inserts and put this cats in so that I did not have to worry about it. It will only take 15 minutes or so to pull the cats out and put the inserts back in. Gotta love SLP for their modular exhaust system. I did not notice if they looked or not, I did not see them but I was not watching them the entire time.

After emissions, I went to DMV expecting to get raped on registration and just about had a heart attack when the lady told me it was only $35. I got the good guy price for being deployed but that ended in April so I thought I was going to have to pay late fees and stuff to cover me from MAY 08 thru May 09. Not sure what she did but she must have hooked me up somehow so I didn't ask any questions.

On my way driving into work I remembered why I hate driving in Phoenix, an individual whom I am sure is in this country illegally and probably had no insurance, nearly took out my front end on the 51 South when he cut me off. I followed him until he stopped and we had a "little discussion." That would have been my luck-to total my car 10 minutes after putting the 09 sticker on my plate.:mean!: Fortunately he missed, though I don't know how.

Anyway, let me know when the next get together is and I will see if I can make it.

DannyStyle22
10-23-2008, 12:33 AM
How in the heck did you pull off that deal? I just renewed my plates and they were $261 yes $50 was for custom plates but thats crazy!!

QTRPONY
10-23-2008, 04:11 PM
How in the heck did you pull off that deal? I just renewed my plates and they were $261 yes $50 was for custom plates but thats crazy!!

I am sure I could get you the same deal. Course you would have to go to Iraq or Afghanistan to qualify-lol.

I am not sure exactly but I am sure it had to do with being exempt from registration while deployed but it was a lot less than I had expected.