PDA

View Full Version : All AZ Machs please check in here.

rsnider
08-18-2008, 05:47 PM
Hey everyone,

It's been a long hot summer, but the cooler weather is just around the corner. I'm sure that some of you have had the good fortune to have gotten out of the valley and driven the Mach to Flag or California for a meet or vacation while the rest of us suffered. I hope you had a good time and maybe got a good pic or two that you can post.

Soon the Saturday night car shows and drag strips will be crowded and we can all start to have fun with our cars again. How about signing in and letting us know what you've been up to for the last few months.

RSNIDER: Zinc Yellow, Auto, 410's, DR's and trans work. I'm looking forward to getting back out to the track and really seeing what the new trans work did for the performance. It was kind of hot when the work was done and I'm looking forward to a nice cool night to make some power. I've retired from school employment (again) and am now working for a private company that provides mechanical support to... you guessed it, school districts.

QTRPONY
08-18-2008, 10:24 PM
:smokin:

DesertMach
08-19-2008, 03:17 PM
Still here, still working, still Driving the Mach as a DD.. I have'nt done any new mods sense the last were were all together at the track. So yep still the slowest Mach in AZ lol. well accept for Louise she dont even run.... Hehe......J/k M1M.. wait no I'm not.... :smokin:

TorchedMach1
08-19-2008, 06:14 PM
Well I'm still here, and haven't really had a chance to get out anywhere this summer. :anger:

Gotta a few build plans for the Mach, and I hope to have her done by the time the good weather comes. She should be an animal! :mrt: I'll fill you guys in when things become a little more 100%.

CompOrange
08-19-2008, 09:56 PM
Well I'm still here, and haven't really had a chance to get out anywhere this summer. :anger:

Gotta a few build plans for the Mach, and I hope to have her done by the time the good weather comes. She should be an animal! :mrt: I'll fill you guys in when things become a little more 100%.

:smokin: That thing is gonna be nasty. :worship:

INDY
08-20-2008, 12:08 PM
Still here and still slow, haven't had a chance to change anything on my Mach or get to the track lately.........

DannyStyle22
08-20-2008, 03:39 PM
cant wait for it to freakin cool down! Only vacation so far is to vegas but its still hot as all hell there. The mach is still basically stock just bought some HID's and a prochamber which will be installed in the next couple days after emissions testing.
Any of you PRS guys how much do you guys charge for a tune? As you can see my car is basically stock just thought I read somewhere that after installing a OR midpipe that a tune is necessary.

KenZ
08-20-2008, 06:50 PM
I guess my wife and I are the newbies in the group.

We recently purchased an AB 2003. It's all stock. 5sp. 63k miles.
We live in North Phoenix.
Ken & Brenda

rsnider
08-20-2008, 07:43 PM
KenZ and wife... do you ever go up to 83rd Ave. on Saturday night (Safeway)? If so post up on any Saturday early in the day on a night you plan to go and we can meet up.

04comporgmach1
08-21-2008, 07:19 AM
i'm not in the phoenix area yet, but hope'n to be back in the states in a few more months. plan on visiting family in the phoenix area and would love to meet up with some of ya while i am in the area. i'll keep checking in from time to time to see whats happening.

CompOrange
08-21-2008, 03:05 PM
cant wait for it to freakin cool down! Only vacation so far is to vegas but its still hot as all hell there. The mach is still basically stock just bought some HID's and a prochamber which will be installed in the next couple days after emissions testing.
Any of you PRS guys how much do you guys charge for a tune? As you can see my car is basically stock just thought I read somewhere that after installing a OR midpipe that a tune is necessary.

Put the prochamber in and go for testing! It's fun passing emissions with a car that should not even come close to passing. :23: Took mine in back in July after choosing not to put the stock midpipe back on. Only thing that worried me about it all was when they shut the car off and turned it back on...that caught a lot of heads from the guys working there, but then they handed me my slip saying I passed and away I went. :33:

Navymailman
08-21-2008, 05:48 PM
FYI; The PSCA is coming to Phoenix September 26-28. The Hughes Performance Arizona Nationals presented by Ford Racing will be held at Firebird Int. Raceway. Here is your chance to participate in the new Ford Racing Mustang Maddness class which is only open to Ford powered Mustangs of any year!

Here is some info on the class;
http://www.pscaracing.com/pr_ford.html
http://www.pscaracing.com/Rules/rules_08_mustang.html

The racers;
http://www.pscaracing.com/driverprofiles/mustangdrivers.html

Media;
http://blogs.mustang50magazine.com/6247258/miscellaneous/tech-editor-kj-jones-runners-up-at-pscas-cali-nats/index.html

Youtube videos;
http://mx.youtube.com/user/50creations

rsnider
08-21-2008, 07:10 PM
Holy Cow... 8.50!! Thats about 4 seconds too rich my me!!! I'm not sure we have any Machs that can run consistent 8.50's?

DannyStyle22
08-22-2008, 09:04 PM
Put the prochamber in and go for testing! It's fun passing emissions with a car that should not even come close to passing. :23: Took mine in back in July after choosing not to put the stock midpipe back on. Only thing that worried me about it all was when they shut the car off and turned it back on...that caught a lot of heads from the guys working there, but then they handed me my slip saying I passed and away I went. :33:

I am probably going to hold off for now. I failed emissions because my ses light bulb doesnt work, so off to ford it goes on Monday. Thank god I know some people there! Did you get a tune after installing your mid pipe? Or just shut off the rear sensors? Just curious what kind of fun I have to look forward too.

Torchmach
08-22-2008, 09:57 PM
Welcome Ken and Brenda!

I'm still here too!!! If anyone is looking for an excuse to get out of the heat for a day, or two, the Route 66 Car Club is holding their big show Sept 5-7 th. Will be a lot of Street rods entered, and the Copperstate Mustang Club defending last years trophy as the best represented Club.

CompOrange
08-23-2008, 02:06 AM
I am probably going to hold off for now. I failed emissions because my ses light bulb doesnt work, so off to ford it goes on Monday. Thank god I know some people there! Did you get a tune after installing your mid pipe? Or just shut off the rear sensors? Just curious what kind of fun I have to look forward too.

PSR tuned it after I put the O/R X on, but I already had the rear 02s dissabled in the tune in case I had not waited to put it on. Ran around for a couple hundred miles untuned as I was breaking in the clutch I installed at the same time as the mid pipe.

rsnider
08-23-2008, 09:33 AM
Torchmach

rsnider
08-23-2008, 09:35 AM
Torchmach,

Is there a link that has all the info on the Route 66 event. I might be interested in a round-tripper but it sounds like a mess if anyone wanted to stay overnight.

Is it possible to park anywhere near the event, do they have shuttles, etc.

INDY
08-23-2008, 12:11 PM

Give the shop a call (602-269-8955) when you have time and talk to Bill. I would recommend having us do a dyno evaluation, I think we charge $85 for an eval. That will get you three pulls on the dyno with A/F and then we can let you know if you need to have a custom tune or just a chip/handheld tuner to turn off your rear O2s. Plus if you need a tune and decide to have us tune your mach while we still have it on the dyno, we will waive the eval fee and just charge you for tuning.

Feel free to PM me anytime with any questions you might have about your Mach or PSR.

Shane

KenZ
08-23-2008, 06:45 PM
KenZ and wife... do you ever go up to 83rd Ave. on Saturday night (Safeway)? If so post up on any Saturday early in the day on a night you plan to go and we can meet up.

We've never been there but have heard it's a good time. Can't make it tonight, we maybe next weekend.
I'll post next week if we do.
Thanks,
ken

CompOrange
08-23-2008, 11:13 PM
Anyone hear anything about another Palo Verde Hot Rod bracket race or anything of that sort slated for this fall because that would be awesome.

CompOrange
08-23-2008, 11:48 PM
Bring it on old man! :claus:

Would be fun for sure Bill. I think I've got a better grip on the whole bracket racing thing now.

How's Louise? Will she be finished before I swing by the shop in the next month or two?

CompOrange
08-23-2008, 11:54 PM
Good, a month or so and I'll be in for some work so maybe then sleeping beauty will finally wake up after you put her into a coma

Torchmach
08-24-2008, 12:38 PM
Torchmach,

Is there a link that has all the info on the Route 66 event. I might be interested in a round-tripper but it sounds like a mess if anyone wanted to stay overnight.

Is it possible to park anywhere near the event, do they have shuttles, etc.

Hi Rick,

Check out www.route66carclub.com you are probably right about getting a room at this late of a date. I can give you more contact info if you can't find it on the website. John Fajardo in the Route 66 Club is a good person to contact.

They capped out at 366 enties this year, lots of Cars from the Over the Hill Gang, Desert Corvette Club, The groups that use to be The Remember When Club. Last year The Mustangs from Copperstate, and Southern Arizona were in the Library parking lot off from Wheeler Park (We filled it too). The local merchants make a big effort to support the event, They shut down the downtown area for the event, so you can walk around, and see all the Cars.

Bring your dog too, one of the Charities supported is the Coconino County Humane Association.

It is a fun event, let me know if you will be there, I'll PM my cell #.

rsnider
08-24-2008, 06:32 PM
Is your trans coming from back east????

Sodbuster
09-12-2008, 06:48 PM
Wow, I really need to check in more often :butt:
Yep I'm still around, and so is the Mach. 74,5000 miles on her and still going strong. Recently we took her on a road trip to our cabin in Pine and up the Rim to Woods Canyon Lake. She really likes it at 7000' and 70 degrees.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v225/Mach1Tim/P1030804.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v225/Mach1Tim/P1030806.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v225/Mach1Tim/P1030723.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v225/Mach1Tim/WoodsCanyonLake1.jpg