PDA

View Full Version : Tranny fluid...synthetic vs non synthetic

Mach916
08-06-2008, 09:54 PM
So i've searched around quite a bit and many people seem to be using fluids that are synthetics, but on wikipedia it says...

TREMEC engineers have recommended Texaco-Havoline Dexron III/Mercon Non-Synthetic ATF. There has been a significant amount of confusion regarding the proper capacity and proper type of ATF for the TR-3650 which may have a correlation with a rather large number of complaints about notchy shifting, shift "nibbling", noisy synchros, and grinding gears. The 2007 Mustang GT owner's manual specified the use of 3.0L of non-synthetic Mercon ATF in the 3650, while the 2008 Mustang GT owner's manual now specifies the use of 3.0L of Mercon-V ATF in the 3650.

The mercon-v is a synthetic blend.

should I stick to a non synthetic? A lot of people are using RP ATF which is a synthetic or RP syncromax.

Mach916
08-07-2008, 08:17 PM
bump bump

NJ 03Mach1
08-08-2008, 07:48 AM
Search is your friend. There's more topics on this then people care to reply to another.... if you have a question on THAT specific thread, bring it back to life, no one will have issues discussing it.

Search out Mach1Marauders special sauce... It'll be going in my car in the next few weeks...

bleedingfordblu
08-08-2008, 12:41 PM
i just used the royal purple and threw in some lucas oil stabalizer

Mach916
08-08-2008, 12:44 PM
I did search, but my specific question was synthetic vs nonsynthetic. Tremec says to use nonsyn but just about everyone is using a synthetic of some sort.

ponygt65
08-08-2008, 01:42 PM
I did search, but my specific question was synthetic vs nonsynthetic. Tremec says to use nonsyn but just about everyone is using a synthetic of some sort.
See below.
i just used the royal purple and threw in some lucas oil stabalizer

I used RP ATF 3.0L in both machs....never an issue.