PDA

View Full Version : ~ IAC Plate; Engine Light

UIN2IT
07-26-2008, 01:07 PM
Did the IAC Restricor plate mod today. I bought the plate years ago when I had my Bullitt, now I decided to put the plate on our '03 Mach.

Took it for a drive up to the Autozone and noticed the RPM's Drop quicker....AWESOME.

Bad part is now the "SERVICE ENGINE SOON" came on....had the guy at Autozone check it with the hand held computer. It said "THROTTLE POSITION SENSOR MALFUNCTION, THROTTLE STUCK OPEN" I then had him turn the warning off....started the car and it was gone.

By the time I got back home the "SERVICE ENGINE SOON": Light came back on again. What is the problem? I made sure everything was installed correctly to include the SMALL HOLE on the passenger side!

HELP!

mach1azure03
07-30-2008, 03:26 AM
you got pics of that restrictor plate? i was thinking of buying one... does it give you better reponse and better shifts what you experience with it, if rpms drop faster gives you more time to accelerate longer in gears right?
HELP![/QUOTE]

Did the IAC Restricor plate mod today. I bought the plate years ago when I had my Bullitt, now I decided to put the plate on our '03 Mach.

Took it for a drive up to the Autozone and noticed the RPM's Drop quicker....AWESOME.

Bad part is now the "SERVICE ENGINE SOON" came on....had the guy at Autozone check it with the hand held computer. It said "THROTTLE POSITION SENSOR MALFUNCTION, THROTTLE STUCK OPEN" I then had him turn the warning off....started the car and it was gone.

By the time I got back home the "SERVICE ENGINE SOON": Light came back on again. What is the problem? I made sure everything was installed correctly to include the SMALL HOLE on the passenger side!
you got pics of that restrictor plate? i was thinking of buying one... does it give you better reponse and better shifts what you experience with it, if rpms drop faster gives you more time to accelerate longer in gears right?
HELP!

NC Mach 1
07-30-2008, 07:07 AM
UIN2IT later emailed me about the problems he had and I want tell anyone what he forgot to do.:)

It was a easy mistake. LOL.

mach1azure03
07-30-2008, 06:25 PM
UIN2IT later emailed me about the problems he had and I want tell anyone what he forgot to do.:)

It was a easy mistake. LOL.

whats the mistake? lol i am hearing more good news about the product.... i was debating though should i leave mine alone till rpm's swoop on me? or buy one? i like the burble sound and rpm drops faster, and smoother better response from what i read on threads, i am confused... my left brains fighting with my right brain right now i need a moment to think... lol

one mach 1
07-30-2008, 06:30 PM
whats the mistake? lol i am hearing more good news about the product.... i was debating though should i leave mine alone till rpm's swoop on me? or buy one? i like the burble sound and rpm drops faster, and smoother better response from what i read on threads, i am confused... my left brains fighting with my right brain right now i need a moment to think... lol
He probably installed it upside down. :butt:

ponygt65
07-30-2008, 07:44 PM
He probably installed it upside down. :butt:

upside down, backwards.....

I'm thinking he forgot to put the little pluggy thingy back together. :23:

mach1azure03
07-30-2008, 08:33 PM
lol today i finally for the first time payed attention to mach when shifting it does go down slowly... making me considering one of these products?

G
07-30-2008, 08:35 PM
You need to plug the IAC back in as mentioned above, but you don't get a TPS message for that!!!

It should be something like a P1506. :23: Make sure everything is plugged in. :smokin:

UIN2IT
07-31-2008, 03:30 PM
You need to plug the IAC back in as mentioned above, but you don't get a TPS message for that!!!

yeah I forgot to plug it back in....in too much of a rush. Got it all together added another gasket too.....works like a charm!!!!

Highly recommended!

ponygt65
07-31-2008, 08:12 PM
yeah I forgot to plug it back in....in too much of a rush. Got it all together added another gasket too.....works like a charm!!!!

Highly recommended!

:smokin: :claus:

NC Mach 1
07-31-2008, 08:52 PM

Highly recommended!

Thank you also.:ORANGE:

______
Dennis