PDA

View Full Version : Phoenix Area BBQ/GTG?

rsnider
05-23-2008, 08:31 PM
It seems that Tuck has dropped out of sight. We had planned on having a welcome home (Afghanistan) for him, but no one has heard where he has gone? We are hoping that he has simply been called back to duty and may be back in Texas.

With the HOT weather on its way I was thinking that maybe we could all get together for a BBQ. It's been quite a while since we've hung out. It would be good to see everyone again. We could take suggestions for a destination dinner at a restaurant, or we could have everyone to our house again. It doesn't matter to us.

A quick bite to eat then a night at the drags hanging out and watching the Performance Solutions cars compete would be kind of cool. If Shane, Dan, or Wild Bill can come up with a plan I'd be glad to help out with whatever they can dream up.

How about it... any ideas?

Torchmach
05-23-2008, 08:38 PM
Hey Rick,

It has been very quite around here lately. Tuck was talking about buying a bike when he got back, maybe he has hit the open road, or has been spending time with his children.We could go up to Prescott again, or the Route 66 days Festival in Flagstaff in Sept, via Oak Creek Canyon.

Olivas
05-23-2008, 11:03 PM
Dang, guys it has been a while since I've seen a post from any of you. Been wondering what's been going on out there. Saw that it was already pushing 110+ sometime last week, still enjoying the mid-80's here, tornados and all. Spring is the prime time there, shocked that more hasn't been going on before it warms up too much more. Anyone planning on coming up to Steamboat next month?

rsnider
05-24-2008, 11:48 AM
Hey Ernie,
Good to hear from you. Hope all is well.

I'm up for almost anything local. I'd love to get to the Rocky Mountain Roundup but I'm not quite sure about my work plans. I don't want to commit then have to pull out at the last minute.

http://www.rmmr.org/

I don't know why everything got so quiet? My car has been in ICU for about six weeks, so I haven't been involved. I know that Shane is working hard to prep his car for some upcoming events and that's been keeping him busy.

This is the wrong time to get active again with the heat on its way... but hey, we've all got ac don't we and the cool country isn't that far away.

Torchmach
05-24-2008, 10:09 PM
Dang, guys it has been a while since I've seen a post from any of you. Been wondering what's been going on out there. Saw that it was already pushing 110+ sometime last week, still enjoying the mid-80's here, tornados and all. Spring is the prime time there, shocked that more hasn't been going on before it warms up too much more. Anyone planning on coming up to Steamboat next month?

Hey Ernie,

We could have had a get together in Albuquerque for the Rio Grande Clubs annual Memorial Day Show. There should be about 7-8 Cars from the Copperstate Club in Steamboat this year, including Dave Jacobelli, and Dan Martorano.

Be thinking about Mustangs Across America next April. I am thinking about going on the first three days: Las Vegas NV to Holbrook, Holbrook to Santa Rosa NM, Santa Rosa to Clinton OK. There is a neat Route 66 Museum in Clinton. They will be taking the pre 1937 Route 66 alignment thru New Mexico, you could meet up in Santa Fe.

Olivas
05-25-2008, 11:58 PM
Rick - ICO, that doesn't sound good, what's up there?

Darel - It'll be goos to see some of you guys again up in steamboat. I've been getting the mach ready for the autocross. Just finishing installing my d-specs and some new UCA.

rsnider
05-26-2008, 08:17 PM
Hi Ernie,
Yea... the trans let go a few months back. Shane and the guys at Performance Solutions are taking care of Tweety for me. She gets her trans back in tomorrow. I really missed driving her. So far Shane's trans has been very impressive, standing up to the NO2 and all. I hope I have just as good of luck with mine.

TorchedMach1
05-27-2008, 08:34 PM
You can count me in on a BBQ. Just let me know the details.

Torchmach
05-27-2008, 09:44 PM
Darel - It'll be goos to see some of you guys again up in steamboat. I've been getting the mach ready for the autocross. Just finishing installing my d-specs and some new UCA.

I'll pass the word on at the next meeting, then probably PM Daves cell number to you. You might have your own rooting section at the Autocross. There is a zinc yellow Mach from the Southern Arizona Club that does very well Auotcrossing.

I'm going to be talking with Ethan at Stage 3 about some Hawk brake pads, MM UCA's, Panhard rod kit, and steering rack bushings.I might have to try Autocrossing, seems like no one wants to chase me up Yarnell anymore.

Olivas
05-27-2008, 09:55 PM
Just finally got my poly rack bushings installed (after about a year in the closet), definitely tightened up the steering.