PDA

View Full Version : advice

GreatOne99
05-12-2008, 08:59 PM
so i hate to say it but it might be time for the mach to go. 4 dollors a gallon maybe more soon. 400 a mouth for the next year for car payments 200 hundred a mouth for storage . i know it is not my daly driver but the way the ecomey is and now work is not picking up hvac tech it seems silly to have a 700 dollor a mouth weekend warrior.please help me make a desion.do i sell it only 8000 miles and some mods or try to make it one more year and then i own it. i never though i would see this day.

TJ4Cam
05-12-2008, 09:01 PM
If you love the car, stick it out..I have had that choice in my life before too.

markthenarc
05-12-2008, 09:05 PM
The Mach 1 would never give you up in a struggle..........Neither should you.
KEEP IT!!!!

kiler be
05-13-2008, 01:15 AM
1 more year of payments, I'd try to keep it. Then your only out $200. a month for storage. the economy should turn around after the election. I hope! Good luck.

03mach 1
05-13-2008, 01:33 AM
Keep it gas sucks but at least your not wasting it in a Honda and put the gas money to good use

Thunderbolt
05-13-2008, 12:58 PM
If it was me and I only had 12 payments left, I'd still suck it up and pay it off. I own mine, so it aint going anywhere. It might sit more now than ever but I'm not getting rid of it.

24kmach
05-13-2008, 01:14 PM
If it was me and I only had 12 payments left, I'd still suck it up and pay it off. I own mine, so it aint going anywhere. It might sit more now than ever but I'm not getting rid of it.

X's 2 :smokin:

chad3113
05-13-2008, 01:55 PM
You know, a C6 vette gets 30+ mpg on the highway... Bottom line though is you only live once, better enjoy it.

Stainboy
05-13-2008, 02:49 PM
Soon after you sell it the economy bounces back and maybe gas prices drop a bit. You'll wish you didn't let it go. I'd bite it and hang in there.

shake this
05-13-2008, 03:58 PM
With only a year left, I would try and find other areas I might be able to cut the budget on and keep the Mach. My job just moved me from salary back to hourly and, at first, I thought it was going to suck but now I'm eating my lunch at my desk and picking up about $500.00 more per month by working an extra hour a day and not using the gas going to lunch. Yea...it makes for a long day but the extra money will get used on more mods. :)

mstng680365
05-13-2008, 04:20 PM
you should keep it. Why worry about gas prices if it's not your daily driver?

machery
05-13-2008, 04:36 PM
With only a year left, I would try and find other areas I might be able to cut the budget on and keep the Mach. My job just moved me from salary back to hourly and, at first, I thought it was going to suck but now I'm eating my lunch at my desk and picking up about $500.00 more per month by working an extra hour a day and not using the gas going to lunch. Yea...it makes for a long day but the extra money will get used on more mods. :)

Good advice there!. I would just keep the car and stick it out. Cut back on other expences and unnescesary things like the extra cable tv channels, eating out instead of eating at home. I pack my lunch instead of eat out. Get rid of the cell phone. I stuck with the basics, just a regular line and an answering machine. I love not having the cell phone, no one to bother me at work. I even have "dial-up internet" still, It's cheaper than DSL out here. You would be surprised how much you can save by cutting back on extra things.