PDA

View Full Version : BBK Full Length Headers

BFVTHOKIE
10-17-2002, 02:14 PM
Ok, so I know they make both Shortie and Full length headers for the Mustang 4V. Has anyone installed these/seen them installed...is there any fitment problem- or aside from regular header labor- are they a bolt on (with the BBK H pipe designed for them of course)?

I know these cars don't have a lot of under-hood space, and I just want to make sure they are actually installable without changing much else around.

Thanks!

mgk2
10-17-2002, 05:38 PM
I bet if you check some of the SVT sites you'll seee what your waiting for! I also saw where Hooker Headers is making a set that makes it easier to service the trans. Just a thought!

BULLITT680
10-18-2002, 05:27 AM
Go with the Hookers...you'll appreciate being able to work on your transmission/clutch without having to remove the headers.

My $.02

03mach1
10-21-2002, 06:34 PM
It doesn't look like a fun job, you actually have to lift the engine up a bit on one side to get the headers to fit from underneath, as least that what I have read

There is good article in MM&FF this month on a 2003 Cobra putting an after factory exhaust with headers,....54 HP gain!! slight illegal with no Cats, but probably awesome!!

Silver98GT
10-23-2002, 09:47 PM
I had the BBK LTs on my 98GT in my sig, and the labor was one full day at my shop.

Not bad, fitment was good. However, Centerforce DF took a dump on me so I had to do a day and a half clutch job plus extra labor thanks to the LTS in the way.

This time around for the Mach Im going to go with the Hookers, or I heard Bassani is coming out with a mid-length header, which should be interesting.

DUSTKEG
10-24-2002, 11:20 AM
I have been told by my speed shop guy that putting headers on a 4.6 is difficult due to the width of the engine. The 5.0 motor is a lot easier to work with. He said it can be done, but it is more time consuming. Does anyone know if long tubes are emission legal?

BFVTHOKIE
10-24-2002, 11:48 AM
I know they are legal in VA and NJ, long as you run Cat's and don't disable any emissions equipment.

Thanks for all of your help, I am going to get an installation quote once I get the car then decide. (and hope the clutch doesnt go to soon).