PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin

Greg@GLD
10-21-2003, 10:01 AM
Anyone else from Wisconsin? I'm in the southeastern part of the state, about 120 miles north of Chicago.

Let's get together for some racing before the season ends!

rcode99
10-21-2003, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by Greg@GLD
Anyone else from Wisconsin? I'm in the southeastern part of the state, about 120 miles north of Chicago.

Let's get together for some racing before the season ends!

Are you not pretty close to Union Grove or is that closed?

JimmyJames
10-21-2003, 05:04 PM
Im in Caledonia, (Ratcine county):D

Greg@GLD
10-21-2003, 06:39 PM
I work at Great Lakes Dragaway in Union Grove, but live about 65 miles from there... We are open thru November...

rcode99
10-22-2003, 12:21 AM
I don't remember - its been so long since I was up there. When do they race?

Greg@GLD
10-22-2003, 10:04 AM
http://www.greatlakesdragaway.com

MachKid03
10-22-2003, 02:25 PM
I'm definately up for a WI Mach meet. I've never seen another one on the street, so it would be cool to meet and stir things up a bit. Anyone else??

MACH & ROLL
10-22-2003, 02:27 PM
I might be going up to Union Grove this Friday.

sshakrr
12-23-2003, 12:55 AM
is there anybody out there in the milwaukee area?? ive seen 2 machs on the road here :confused: Theres been about 40 machs on the lots around here throughout the summer. Where are they??

Astrocoop
12-23-2003, 09:27 AM
I grew up in Janesville. Graduated from Craig in 90.

sshakrr
12-23-2003, 11:21 AM
Hi Astrocoop.. Janesville you say Thats about 1hr 15mins from me ( 20 mins in the mach):D they had 1 mach at the ford dealer there in late 02. the guy said it went fast even with the mark-up. :( well, good to hear from you:CHEERS: happy holidays:cool:

sshakrr
12-23-2003, 11:23 AM
oops:o almost forgot, GREAT COLOR CHOICE:THUMBSUP:

Alexwi
12-23-2003, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by sshakrr
is there anybody out there in the milwaukee area?? ive seen 2 machs on the road here :confused: Theres been about 40 machs on the lots around here throughout the summer. Where are they??

I'm in Waterford, just north of Burlington. Had mine since late Sept. I've not seen another on the road here, but I have gone to GLD several times and met Greg, Dave, and Vince. Mine is now down for the winter with barely 1500 miles....

There are plans for a get together at GLD sometime next year...it really is a blast there and Greg makes it so cool to get in.

Alex

YaDerHay
03-16-2004, 12:12 AM
I know this is an old post, but just wanted to say hi. I just brought home a blue 5 speed about 2 hours ago! Can't wait to do some crusing and hit da' grove with my new car (has 10K on it).

If there are any events this spring, or if anyone wants to cruise in Milwaukee just let me know! I live in Central Wisconsin, but have family and friends in Milwaukee. I'm down almost every weekend. No more snow or crappy weather, please!!

Chris

Alexwi
03-16-2004, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by YaDerHay

If there are any events this spring, or if anyone wants to cruise in Milwaukee just let me know! I live in Central Wisconsin, but have family and friends in Milwaukee. I'm down almost every weekend. No more snow or crappy weather, please!!

Chris

Chris,

The first event is the big Mach 1 get together at Great Lakes on April 17:THUMBSUP: . See here for more details;

http://www.mach-1.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=563

Hope you and some others from the upstate area can make it.

Alex

YaDerHay
03-16-2004, 04:40 PM
Thanks for the info!!! I was hoping to get to Nashville but cannot swing it money and time wise. This is the perfect compromise! Now if I can swing some DR's before then I will be sitting pretty!!

I will see you there, and thanks for the heads up!

Chris

Alexwi
03-16-2004, 05:50 PM
:THUMBSUP: :CHEERS:

fastgenious
04-01-2004, 07:53 PM
Hello everyone,

Spring is here! I live in the Oconomowoc/ Watertown area and we should get together and discuss our Mach's.

YaDerHay
04-01-2004, 09:00 PM
Fastgenious - You should definately come to the Mach 1 event on the 17th at Union Grove.

What is everyone doing afterwards? My best friend is the guitarist for the Boogiemen who are playing at the Brat Stop the night of the 17th (they are an awesome disco band, and if you are single, the place will be swimming with hotties!!) He told me it's very close to Da'Grove. I will be heading over there after the event to help him setup. Anyone is welcome to come along.

Let's go cruising!! I have seen a yellow mach at Hwy 100 which was cool. Other than that, I saw a black Mach in Rhinelander just the other day. That's it!

Take it easy,

Chris

Alexwi
04-02-2004, 02:03 AM
Hi Guys,

The 17th at Da Grove should be real good and lots of fun. There will be a few of us there and some will probably be running some real nice et's.

Hey Chris, you must run around the same parts of the state as do I. I was by the Brat Stop last Saturday as I work as a Range Officer at the Bristol Shooting Ranges every Saturday...and yes the Brat Stop is only about 10-15 minutes fro GLD. My brother lives in Rhinelander and we were just thinking about going up there for Easter break.

I haven't seen another Mach on the road yet and mine has been put away for the winter...it's due to come out this weekend..YEAH!

Hope to see all of you at GLD.

Alex

YaDerHay
04-02-2004, 11:54 AM
I do get all over the state with my job and actually enjoy all the driving. I would love to have a Ford Taurus fleet car shoot out one of these days!

I will down in Waukesha over the Easter weekend and will bring my Mach with me. A cruise would be nice if we could get some SE Wisconsin guys or gals together.

See ya!

wmonkemeyer
05-03-2004, 08:12 PM
I am in Madison and have only 1100 miles on my 2004 Torch Red Mach I. I was planning on going to Byron, IL for some racing sometime this summer. I would love to square off with fellow Mach I owners. I am very interested in what Mods are being done. I am torn between leaving it alone, thus preserving the value or doing some serious mods and racing.

Alexwi
05-03-2004, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by wmonkemeyer
I am in Madison and have only 1100 miles on my 2004 Torch Red Mach I. I was planning on going to Byron, IL for some racing sometime this summer. I would love to square off with fellow Mach I owners. I am very interested in what Mods are being done. I am torn between leaving it alone, thus preserving the value or doing some serious mods and racing.

Keep us posted when you plan on coming down this way. The April 17 outing at GLD was great and we had quite a few Machs there.

There was at least a few of us that were torn as to the modification vs original dilemna. I believe that I was actually the only guy that was true showroom stock...not even a K&N filter, although it was in the trunk. That was the last official drag run that I will have done stock....the filter is in now and more items are forthcoming.

I still will keep all the original items and with bolt mods, it should be easy enough to return to fulll stock any time as needed.

You can see some of the info and pictures from the April event here.
GLD Pictures (http://www.mach-1.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=805&page=4&pp=15)
Alex

Greg@GLD
05-08-2004, 11:09 AM
Next saturday (May 15th) anyone who wishes to get some runs in may join us at GLD for $12.00 racing. Just mention Mach-1.org at the gate.

We'll be the only Mustang owners on the planet not at WFC I guess...