PDA

View Full Version : Emissions...

DannyStyle22
03-13-2008, 03:49 PM
Just curious how do your Mach's do with emissions in Arizona with an off road mid pipe?

DannyStyle22
03-13-2008, 05:05 PM
What the devil is abatement area? Sorry I am a little slow. I live in Mesa. How do all these members run catless setups? Do they just swap midpipes every year?

DannyStyle22
03-13-2008, 05:26 PM
Hell I don't know ..............call DanB!:23: :23:

lol thanks for the effort. I still need to go see that carbon fiber hood of his, just been workin ot like a mad man.

acerasuolo
03-13-2008, 05:26 PM
:butt: no emissions down here in sierra vista/cochise county

DannyStyle22
03-13-2008, 05:31 PM
:butt: no emissions down here in sierra vista/cochise county

rub it in why dont ya!

CompOrange
03-13-2008, 05:35 PM
They just plug into your ODB II port here in Maricopa County as I understand. So as long as you are not throwing any codes and there is no obnoxious exhaust smell or you are excessively loud, then you SHOULD be safe. Now if they take out the mirrors or actually do run the sniffer on your car, you are ****ED. I'm thinking I'll be swapping it in and out for tests.

DannyStyle22
03-13-2008, 05:52 PM
They just plug into your ODB II port here in Maricopa County as I understand. So as long as you are not throwing any codes and there is no obnoxious exhaust smell or you are excessively loud, then you SHOULD be safe. Now if they take out the mirrors or actually do run the sniffer on your car, you are ****ED. I'm thinking I'll be swapping it in and out for tests.

You still have a stock mid right? Im just curious because I believe next year is the first year I gotta get her tested.

CompOrange
03-13-2008, 05:55 PM
Yes, I am still on stock mid, but I'm thinking that may be changing VERY soon as in before I get a tune in the next week or two. Just need to make some extra $$$ to do so.

DannyStyle22
03-13-2008, 05:57 PM
Yes, I am still on stock mid, but I'm thinking that may be changing VERY soon as in before I get a tune in the next week or two. Just need to make some extra $$$ to do so.

Thats were those little plastic cards come in handy :3amin:
What midpipe are you thinking of getting?

Olivas
03-13-2008, 10:55 PM
Running a good set of cats isn't going to cost you THAT much power, plus you'll keep more torque. Are you just looking at catless because of the price? Get a bassani x-pipe, so that way you can run it both ways.

MAFMACH1
03-13-2008, 11:19 PM
I'm running BBK LTs with an O/R X pipe and spintechs....I plan to give it a shot "as is" when I go through emissions later this year. I could possibly fail if they break out the mirrors and then will have no choice but to add the cats however, I believe it is worth the chance!

CompOrange
03-14-2008, 02:43 AM
Running a good set of cats isn't going to cost you THAT much power, plus you'll keep more torque. Are you just looking at catless because of the price? Get a bassani x-pipe, so that way you can run it both ways.

I plan to run catless because 1) those cats usually do not fare so well in the long term and 2) I'm going to be running nitrous in the not so distant future and I'll definitely be running race fuel, which is generally leaded. Lead clogs catalytic converters, which equals bad.

That's my reasoning and I'm sticking to it. :33:

CompOrange
03-14-2008, 02:45 AM
I'm running BBK LTs with an O/R X pipe and spintechs....I plan to give it a shot "as is" when I go through emissions later this year. I could possibly fail if they break out the mirrors and then will have no choice but to add the cats however, I believe it is worth the chance!

Let us know how it goes and what station you go through (PM's...don't need to screw us over a station that overlooks things ;) )

DannyStyle22
03-15-2008, 11:44 AM
Let us know how it goes and what station you go through (PM's...don't need to screw us over a station that overlooks things ;) )

x2 I would like to know as well