PDA

View Full Version : ported intake results thread?

8cd03gro
03-12-2008, 05:26 PM
why can't i view it...? is anyone else having this problem?

cobrob
03-12-2008, 11:01 PM
I think everybody's comments got a bit out of hand due to the unexpected dyno results!

CMEmach1
03-12-2008, 11:40 PM
I guess I missed the results...what were they????

Keith.red.mach1
03-13-2008, 12:53 AM
anyone who knows please PM me

wutang61
03-13-2008, 01:14 AM
dont worry about that thread. it just turned into a big fight. nothing was really proven just alot of BS back and forth.

if you want an your intake ported Roy is your guy. his intakes look amazing.

http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?p=964623#post964623

8cd03gro
03-13-2008, 04:11 PM
dont worry about that thread. it just turned into a big fight. nothing was really proven just alot of BS back and forth.

if you want an your intake ported Roy is your guy. his intakes look amazing.

http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?p=964623#post964623

well...i was just wondering because it didn't say it was locked it said moved and i just couldn't see it. I was hoping to get a look at the dyno, so if anyone has it could you pm it to me? thanks.

Phil
03-13-2008, 04:19 PM
well...i was just wondering because it didn't say it was locked it said moved and i just couldn't see it. I was hoping to get a look at the dyno, so if anyone has it could you pm it to me? thanks.

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103798

R-code17815
03-13-2008, 05:15 PM
It was a joke from the start.

Two diffrent intakes, one I belive was from an older cobra.

Not the best port work on top, and no pics to even see if the bottom was cut and if so what kind of port work was done.

Diffrent air/fuel ratio's on diffrent runs...

Probably 20 people who had their intakes ported loved it and felt an improvement yet the dyno guy tried saying its a waste of time and money.

After it was all over and everyone called out all the errors, mistakes, and what not that was said by the dyno guy ( who will remain nameless) I belive he quit the registry....

So, as far as having some solid info, It might as well never happened...

Ben99GT
03-13-2008, 07:51 PM
Was it moved to a moderator's forum or something?

hawk
03-13-2008, 08:48 PM
Was it moved to a moderator's forum or something?

Yes.

MAFMACH1
03-13-2008, 11:10 PM
The thread was pulled as requested due to completely unnecessary and degrading accusations that were being flung about adding ZERO value to the subject. The original intent was to share truly measurable results from (pre & post installed intakes) dyno runs on my engine....using ported intakes from my reputable source....installed and dyno'd at my reputable shop....period. No harm was ever intended to anyone involved in fact, the shop owners and intake porter were trying to do the right thing on my behalf to push the performance of my engine, one step at a time. The final results simply didn't work in my favor for my particular N/A application....it may be different for someone else and I'd appreciate seeing the numbers. I believed that posting the results for everyone's review on the registry is precisely what this forum was designed to do - openly share information to benefit all of us for learning lessons and advancing the performance of our cars. I was not prepared for the onslaught of the egos that crashed and ultimately killed the thread. I trust this forum will continue to move forward with very positive insights to assist everyone in taking full advantage of our discoveries to run as fast as we desire!

Phil
03-14-2008, 12:40 AM
The thread was pulled as requested due to completely unnecessary and degrading accusations that were being flung about adding ZERO value to the subject. The original intent was to share truly measurable results from (pre & post installed intakes) dyno runs on my engine....using ported intakes from my reputable source....installed and dyno'd at my reputable shop....period. No harm was ever intended to anyone involved in fact, the shop owners and intake porter were trying to do the right thing on my behalf to push the performance of my engine, one step at a time. The final results simply didn't work in my favor for my particular N/A application....it may be different for someone else and I'd appreciate seeing the numbers. I believed that posting the results for everyone's review on the registry is precisely what this forum was designed to do - openly share information to benefit all of us for learning lessons and advancing the performance of our cars. I was not prepared for the onslaught of the egos that crashed and ultimately killed the thread. I trust this forum will continue to move forward with very positive insights to assist everyone in taking full advantage of our discoveries to run as fast as we desire!

OK!

DTMach1
03-14-2008, 01:58 AM
I ate it, I was hungry.

lotathrottle
03-15-2008, 10:20 PM
i just put a ported intake on and lost 5 hp and 3 tq

FRiCK
03-17-2008, 01:41 PM
i just put a ported intake on and lost 5 hp and 3 tq

eric, be serious man. your original #'s were high man, in all respects the mach STILL puts out the #'s it should according to your mods.....you even said it the intake felt like it pulled really nice in 4th.....................

lotathrottle
03-17-2008, 04:48 PM
taken on the picture phone. but these are the before and after dyno sheets.

dyno numbers before 3/8in spacer,tb and ported lower intake
318rwhp and 340rwtq(cant see torque in pic)
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y189/lotathrottle/bportintake.jpg

dyno numbers after 3/8in spacer,tb and ported lower intake
312rwhp and 337rwtq(cant see torque in pic)
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y189/lotathrottle/aportintake.jpg

beerformeplz
03-17-2008, 05:27 PM
http://img.timeinc.net/time/daily/2006/0606/topener_0624.jpg

BULLY BULLY!!!!

Now were going political..... Lock it down.:butt:

Jamie R.
03-19-2008, 09:09 AM
Lotathrottle who ported your intake to lose 5? You can pm me if you don't want everybody to know. So the only intakes tested were the stock intake and two ported by Naz in the locked thread?

Jamie R.
'01 Silver Cobra on the Cover of MM&FF's August '07 Issue

Ben99GT
03-19-2008, 12:40 PM
Lotathrottle who ported your intake to lose 5? You can pm me if you don't want everybody to know. So the only intakes tested were the stock intake and two ported by Naz in the locked thread?

Jamie R.
'01 Silver Cobra on the Cover of MM&FF's August '07 Issue

Yep.

Stopsign32v
03-19-2008, 01:16 PM
How can a ported intake, 3/8 spacer, and a aftermarket TB LOSE power? :12:

ster!nn
03-19-2008, 04:17 PM
How can a ported intake, 3/8 spacer, and a aftermarket TB LOSE power? :12:

The same personality complex that caused the original thread to get locked. :23: