PDA

View Full Version : No more street nights at Speedworld for me

rsnider
02-18-2008, 06:54 AM
I went to Speedworld on Saturday night to work on my 60'. What a waste of time. The track started out bad and got worse from there. By 10pm the track was so slippery that I decided it was down right dangerous and left. I guess it gives the little ricers a thrill to finally be able to spin the tires (just a little).

Apollo240
02-18-2008, 10:04 AM
atleast you have a track thats open in the winter months...

rsnider
02-18-2008, 11:22 AM
Our "season" starts in October and ends after Easter. NO2 and boosted cars do ok in the summer, but n/a cars feel like 6-cyl. cars when it's 110 deg.

Apollo240
02-18-2008, 11:28 AM
but when its 35 degrees everything feels like shiit, the car feels frozen, the road sucks, and its just to daaamn cold to be out doing anything lol

TorchedMach1
02-18-2008, 07:25 PM
Ya the track gets cold, and plus there are alot of ricers on Saturday nights. I have only been going during the day. Either Sat or Sun.

Actually now that I think about it we are trying to get a group together to go out in 2 weeks. the weekend of the 29th. You should head out.

INDY
02-18-2008, 08:14 PM
The best time to hit SW during the winter is during the day on Sat or Sun. On Sat night (street car night) they don't prep the track at all.:anger:

rsnider
02-18-2008, 09:04 PM
I think I'm going to start running in the "Trophy" group. They get three time trial runs then elimination. It's during the day and hopefully the track is prepped.

The second time I ran in that class I raced until they told me to go home. It was an import vs domestic night. Then they had so many cars they broke it into 13.0+ and 13.0-. I raced until 2:30am and beat the last 13.0+import. We were supposed to race til the last car standing... but it was sooo late they gave the Two of us $300 and a trophy and told us to go home.

Oh yea... that will never happen again. I was very lucky that night. I tripped a .003 light and a .000 light!!! The one night they didn't give cash to the quickest reaction time.

Anyway, it's all downhill from there. Now I'm racing to get into the 12's like the Beetles said "With a little help from my friends".

INDY
02-19-2008, 12:11 AM
Let me know when your going to those events and I'll try to go with ya. Those are just bracket classes and not heads up, right?

rsnider
02-19-2008, 09:02 AM
Yes to the bracket.

I looked at the Speedworld schedule. They have a couple of weekend daytime test n tune's? I wonder if they will do track prep?

PLEASE let me know when the guys at the shop are heading out!

Rick

P.S. Not all Crossfires are created equal!! I ran an SRT-8 Crossfire and they run pretty well. It has an AMG Mercedes supercharged v-8 in it. He said on a good night he runs mid 12's.

INDY
02-20-2008, 02:24 AM
Yes to the bracket.

I looked at the Speedworld schedule. They have a couple of weekend daytime test n tune's? I wonder if they will do track prep?

PLEASE let me know when the guys at the shop are heading out!

Rick

P.S. Not all Crossfires are created equal!! I ran an SRT-8 Crossfire and they run pretty well. It has an AMG Mercedes supercharged v-8 in it. He said on a good night he runs mid 12's.

Rick sent ya a PM, about the SVTOA rental this Saturday. Dan is planning on going, I'm trying to figure out if I can make it. Sould be a good time to do some testing.

BTW - sounds like one nasty Crossfire, thanks for the warning...........