PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Mach

stang1101
01-26-2008, 10:37 AM
I am looking for a Mach in the Detroit area, MI also willing to possibly travel to other states. Looking for a manual, under 30k miles. Also might be intrested in older cobras and sonic blue gts.

iceman302
01-26-2008, 03:03 PM
Mine sounds like it fits what you're looking for...

http://mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=74046

stang1101
01-26-2008, 03:28 PM
looks good, but CA is a little to far for me.

4V FURY
01-26-2008, 05:12 PM

ya, figure roughly a grand to ship it. btw, hows the recovery going?

robjr67
01-26-2008, 07:36 PM
Very clean low mile Mach, with a little extra. Also, a little flexible on price.

Thanks,

http://mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=74723

I am looking for a Mach in the Detroit area, MI also willing to possibly travel to other states. Looking for a manual, under 30k miles. Also might be intrested in older cobras and sonic blue gts.

iceman302
01-26-2008, 08:07 PM

I figured that may be the case, but you never know. Shipping is less than you think. The last time I priced it the cost was around $750. Besides, there are some advantages to a dry West coast car that's hardly seen rain, let alone snow and salt.

Either way, thanks for the compliment.

stang1101
01-26-2008, 11:33 PM
ya, figure roughly a grand to ship it. btw, hows the recovery going?

Thanks, It's going very well... just trying to get back on my feet and finally nail down a deal on a Mach 1!

Wldponi03
01-27-2008, 07:35 PM
Thanks, It's going very well... just trying to get back on my feet and finally nail down a deal on a Mach 1!

How soon are you looking to get a Mach, I may have to sell my Baby!!:confused: I blew out my Knee and go to the Dr. on Tuesday to see how bad it is. My Mach has almost 18000 miles and been in Mustang Enthusiast Mag. I will let you know next week if I have to sell it or not, I live close to you, maybe you have even seen me around at shows. It has been in rain some but never snow, its in storage right now!!!

stang1101
01-27-2008, 10:25 PM
pm sent...

Wldponi03
01-27-2008, 10:34 PM
pm sent...

Sent one back to you!!

richyd92
01-28-2008, 08:07 AM
Sent you a PM

blueovalbigot
01-28-2008, 06:35 PM
PM sent

Machofmanhattan
01-28-2008, 07:44 PM
Im in Kansas- 16,500 takes mine home. Only 15,00 miles and clear title can't beat it! :3amin:

stang1101
01-28-2008, 08:20 PM
Im in Kansas- 16,500 takes mine home. Only 15,00 miles and clear title can't beat it! :3amin:

very fairly priced, if it was stock I'd be writing you a check tonight:smokin:

4V FURY
01-30-2008, 01:34 AM
check out this one http://detroit.craigslist.org/car/555664567.html

asking price is too high but worth a call to see what he'll take for it. car is local to you and looks brand new with milage @ 2400.

stang1101
01-30-2008, 03:47 PM
check out this one http://detroit.craigslist.org/car/555664567.html

asking price is too high but worth a call to see what he'll take for it. car is local to you and looks brand new with milage @ 2400.

hey thanks for the lead!... how should I work him down?

4V FURY
01-30-2008, 07:12 PM
hey thanks for the lead!... how should I work him down?

first thing is to (yourself) figure out how much you want to spend. i'd say that this car is basicly is brand new. when my 04 was new the sticker was 30k with a 5-sp but with rebates plus D-plan i got for just under 23k. the millitary discount knocked off another 500 if you quallified.

the guy is selling the car to buy a house (so he says) so he a motivated seller and with intrest rates cut again last week that may be true. when you go, don't drive your new lincoln lol and don't act too interested. in the conversation let him know that you have a couple of other cars to go look at also. tell him that you don't want to insult him by making too low of offer and then ask what the bottom dollar is he is willing to take. if the price is what you're willing to pay, make your move or not. if not, call him back in two days and say that you can only come up with X amount of dollars and ask if he'll take your number down and tell him that in the worst case senario, he knows he can sell it to you if the car does'nt bring what he was looking for. don't let him know that you can pay cash for it, just let him know the funds are readily available, your friend at the bank can get you guys in and out of the bank quickly.

also get the vin and run a carfax on it.
if he says its going on e-bay, let him go ahead and list it, but make sure you know what kind of money similar cars are bringing first. selling to you won't involve shipping thus one less headache for him if you buy it.
03-04 cobras can be bought for 24k.

buying a car can be an art form :crazy: and fun when you are in no hurry.

let us know how it goes. :ORANGE:

Machofmanhattan
01-30-2008, 10:41 PM
very fairly priced, if it was stock I'd be writing you a check tonight:smokin:

...we can make it stock... :smokin:

iceman302
01-31-2008, 12:59 AM
first thing is to (yourself) figure out how much you want to spend. i'd say that this car is basicly is brand new. when my 04 was new the sticker was 30k with a 5-sp but with rebates plus D-plan i got for just under 23k. the millitary discount knocked off another 500 if you quallified.

the guy is selling the car to buy a house (so he says) so he a motivated seller and with intrest rates cut again last week that may be true. when you go, don't drive your new lincoln lol and don't act too interested. in the conversation let him know that you have a couple of other cars to go look at also. tell him that you don't want to insult him by making too low of offer and then ask what the bottom dollar is he is willing to take. if the price is what you're willing to pay, make your move or not. if not, call him back in two days and say that you can only come up with X amount of dollars and ask if he'll take your number down and tell him that in the worst case senario, he knows he can sell it to you if the car does'nt bring what he was looking for. don't let him know that you can pay cash for it, just let him know the funds are readily available, your friend at the bank can get you guys in and out of the bank quickly.

also get the vin and run a carfax on it.
if he says its going on e-bay, let him go ahead and list it, but make sure you know what kind of money similar cars are bringing first. selling to you won't involve shipping thus one less headache for him if you buy it.
03-04 cobras can be bought for 24k.

buying a car can be an art form :crazy: and fun when you are in no hurry.

let us know how it goes. :ORANGE:

Very well put... all good advice.

stang1101
01-31-2008, 05:41 PM
Very well put... all good advice.

+ 1 thanks man

blueovalbigot
01-31-2008, 10:55 PM
stang1101, or you could simply buy mine with only 6,000 miles for $3500 less. Like 4V Fury says "this car is basically brand new".:3amin:

joshstang
02-01-2008, 01:19 AM
stang1101, or you could simply buy mine with only 6,000 miles for $3500 less. Like 4V Fury says "this car is basically brand new".:3amin:

sorry im lost..$3500 less than what??

blueovalbigot
02-02-2008, 11:52 AM
Sorry joshstang, you have to read further up the string to understand this. 4V Fury posted a link for a Mach selling on Craigs List for $24,500 suggesting stang1101 check it out. Then there are a few more posts regarding the car and how he could get the guys price down. I have been in contact with stang1101 about an 04, Azure Blue, IUP, 5-speed with 6,000 miles in great condition that I would sell for $3,500 less, or $21,000. That's what my comment was saying.

JTCOBRA
02-02-2008, 01:04 PM
Sorry joshstang, you have to read further up the string to understand this. 4V Fury posted a link for a Mach selling on Craigs List for $24,500 suggesting stang1101 check it out. Then there are a few more posts regarding the car and how he could get the guys price down. I have been in contact with stang1101 about an 04, Azure Blue, IUP, 5-speed with 6,000 miles in great condition that I would sell for $3,500 less, or $21,000. That's what my comment was saying.

problem is these cars are 4-5 years old with no decent financing for people

on 20K+ ones ..... did a market report from Manheim auction

highest sold 12/07 was 15,400 , 1/08 was 16,600 , 2/08 was 18,100

these cars are down.. most people that can get one of these financed can
also finance a 08 , most would rather have warranty and brand new
car for the same payment.

the report also said average retail was 16,750 with 19K for an 2004

6k is low and should demand more money but i doubt it could be
financed zero down with taxes and other associated fees .

also any of them over 50k for miles didnt bring over $12K
sample of over 50 sold since 12/07

iceman302
02-02-2008, 01:56 PM
problem is these cars are 4-5 years old with no decent financing for people

on 20K+ ones ..... did a market report from Manheim auction

highest sold 12/07 was 15,400 , 1/08 was 16,600 , 2/08 was 18,100

these cars are down.. most people that can get one of these financed can
also finance a 08 , most would rather have warranty and brand new
car for the same payment.

the report also said average retail was 16,750 with 19K for an 2004

6k is low and should demand more money but i doubt it could be
financed zero down with taxes and other associated fees .

also any of them over 50k for miles didnt bring over $12K
sample of over 50 sold since 12/07

You're comparing an auction to the open market and private party deals where you know the history of the car? I'm sorry, but you will always see low ball prices at auctions. Those are mainly dealers buying for resale and not buyers purchasing cars for personal use. Furthermore, any credit union will finance 100% of RETAIL value and often as high as 120%, based solely on KBB value. This is so that people who choose to can finance full retail from a stealership, let alone private party value from an individual seller.

stang1101
02-02-2008, 02:41 PM
I agree with JTcobra. People think they are sitting on a gold mine just because they have low miles. The 03's are 6 years old, the 04's are 5 years old. 08 just marked another year old, so these cars are only deprecating. I am just getting annoyed of people wanting $20,000 + for cars that are 5 and 6 years. Just for example, there is a guy who has a 04 6k miles and wants $21k, I offer $18k cash and he gets upset.

iceman302
02-02-2008, 05:39 PM
I agree with JTcobra. People think they are sitting on a gold mine just because they have low miles. The 03's are 6 years old, the 04's are 5 years old. 08 just marked another year old, so these cars are only deprecating. I am just getting annoyed of people wanting $20,000 + for cars that are 5 and 6 years. Just for example, there is a guy who has a 04 6k miles and wants $21k, I offer $18k cash and he gets upset.

It's convenient to think that way when you're buying. I'm sure that if you were selling a car that you would think differently. On top of that, low mileage and low production numbers add up to cars that do retain their value better than others.

BTW, the guy that is asking $21K for that 6000 mile '04 is probably almost right on the money. I'd be a little put off too if someone low balled me like that.

If you're only looking to spend $18K, then try to find a clean 30-40K mile '03 or find someone who is willing to give something away for less than it's worth. There are plenty of them out there. Still, I would refrain from low balling anyone on their asking price. Just find a car that is the right condition, mileage, color, options, etc. in the price range that you're looking to spend and go and make the guy a legitimate offer.

I personally like to ask the person how flexible they are willing to be on the price. Let them answer. You may be surprised and you will get a good idea of what they're willing to sell the car for without upsetting them in the process.

Also, you might want to check your math. An '04 is only 4 years old and an '03, only 5... maybe less if it's a late production car.

dgbush
02-02-2008, 07:14 PM
2003 Torch Red 5 spd IUP 44000 miles
Only mods are high flow cats and flowmaster mufflers
TX/NM car

$15200

stang1101
02-02-2008, 11:46 PM
Also, you might want to check your math. An '04 is only 4 years old and an '03, only 5... maybe less if it's a late production car.

actually, from doing lots of research, when counting how old a car is, you count the year is was made. Therefore an 03, counts as 03,04,05,06,07,08 =6 years old, and a 04 = 5 years old.

stang1101
02-02-2008, 11:49 PM
It's convenient to think that way when you're buying. I'm sure that if you were selling a car that you would think differently. On top of that, low mileage and low production numbers add up to cars that do retain their value better than others.

BTW, the guy that is asking $21K for that 6000 mile '04 is probably almost right on the money. I'd be a little put off too if someone low balled me like that.

If you're only looking to spend $18K, then try to find a clean 30-40K mile '03 or find someone who is willing to give something away for less than it's worth. There are plenty of them out there. Still, I would refrain from low balling anyone on their asking price. Just find a car that is the right condition, mileage, color, options, etc. in the price range that you're looking to spend and go and make the guy a legitimate offer.

I personally like to ask the person how flexible they are willing to be on the price. Let them answer. You may be surprised and you will get a good idea of what they're willing to sell the car for without upsetting them in the process.

Also, when you say $18k is a lowball. Kelly blue book it, run it through edmunds, check NADA price guide. They are all right at $18k, so it is hard to justify paying more then its worth. It's like paying $50 for a hamburger, doesn't make sense.:crazy:

iceman302
02-03-2008, 01:59 AM
Also, when you say $18k is a lowball. Kelly blue book it, run it through edmunds, check NADA price guide. They are all right at $18k, so it is hard to justify paying more then its worth. It's like paying $50 for a hamburger, doesn't make sense.:crazy:

Maybe KBB values are different with other zip codes, but here in CA private party value for that car is $20,515.

Just out of curiosity, I took the same car info, plugged in a zip code for MI, and the value came in at $19,340. I'm amazed at the regional difference in prices, but I'm sure that it has a lot to do with the nasty winters versus being able to drive a Mach year round out here without having to worry about snow, road salt, and rust.

blueovalbigot
02-03-2008, 03:50 PM
You know oddly enough I tried telling a salesman at a Ford dealer that all of their 08 mustangs were already counted as being an year old and he laughed in my face, go figure.

The concept that's being lost here is that these aren't 04 mustangs, their limited production 04 specialty cars and that means there is no way to lump them with all the rest.

If someone who can finance one of these can finance an 08 mustang, then let them go get one and they will have the same thing that 3 or 4 hundred thousand other american have, another GT mustang.

If you can get them for that price at the autions, then again go get one, have a nice time, please let me know how it goes.

If there are people all over selling them for 15 to 18 thousand, they hey guess what, go get one of those.

But eventually what you're going to find out once none of these work for you is that those of us with collector quality, very low mile Mach 1's aren't asking more than they are worth.