PDA

View Full Version : CHEAP mach 1 - $8k!!!!

65fastback2+2
01-22-2008, 08:29 PM
for sale on the local boards that are locked to non-members, so I am posting it here...if you want more info, id be glad to PM the owner for you...heres the ad:

I've got a 2003 mach 1 5 speed... azure blue.. almost 60k miles.
Bad thing is it has a salvage rebuild title. the guy i bought it from rebuilt it and said he only had to replace the hood, right fender, and bumper. everything else was fine.
It also has a dent in the drivers side quarter panel where my old mayor backed into it..... I wont go into that though. I was quoted about $400 to fix it.
Runs great. only had an issue with the coolant boiling out of the cap.. after fussing with it forever we did a simple "burping" of the coolant and it went away... imagen that. but it could probably use a coolant flush.
Oil changed every 3k with mobil 1.

I just need something diff. and something a bit better in the bad weather. I have to go to work regardless of how much snow is on the ground and this car is just pissing me off lol i've had her for almost 3 years now. Hate to see her go but it's for the best..

pics at
http://www.ladysstall.com/mach1

$8,000 firm

oh located in Charleston, wv but can meet half way or something

got03mach1
01-22-2008, 08:47 PM
Wow thats one hell of a price, i would pick it up if i was closer and had the cash.

stripnzinc
01-22-2008, 08:52 PM
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm very interesting....:smokin:

65fastback2+2
01-22-2008, 09:02 PM
if anyone wants, id be glad to go pick it up and hold it for them as well...so you west coast people can still grab it

RossA81
01-22-2008, 09:46 PM
I would not mess with a salvage ride, I am sure it has some sort of frame repair in the front end.

Ross

65fastback2+2
01-22-2008, 09:58 PM
I would not mess with a salvage ride, I am sure it has some sort of frame repair in the front end.

Ross

except not....the owner has had it since 20k miles....it has 60k on it....and those 40k were put on by the owner, a girl. im sure its perfectly fine...and for $8k....its like $500 to straighten the frame, in the event it were bent....still an amazing deal

wutang61
01-22-2008, 10:06 PM
if i lived in a warmer place where winter wasn't a problem id snatch that up in a second and use it as a DD!

Bump for a good deal and a nice mach! :THUMBSUP:

matab14
01-22-2008, 10:38 PM
You think they would trade for a 600rr.....Just kiddin.....Looks and sounds like pretty good deal for the price.

joshrt
01-22-2008, 10:45 PM
**** what a price, but i agree i wouldnt mess with anything salvaged.

a friend of mine bought a totaled one and rebuilt it all and hes on his prolly 9th or 10th drive out tag LOL

rich1
01-22-2008, 11:29 PM
I bet it would be ok to make a Race car though!:smokin:

hawk
01-22-2008, 11:39 PM

That's what I was thinkin'

MachdUp1
01-23-2008, 02:20 PM

Possible Bent or Damaged Frame + Race Car = Lots of ????????'s

Then again, it might be fine.

c0nfl1kt
01-23-2008, 02:42 PM
Cute chick..

MrE
01-23-2008, 02:47 PM
What's with all of this "frame" talk?? Is "uni-body" too hard to type? ;)

motzstang
01-23-2008, 09:36 PM
Anyone notice the tape stripe was not completed on the right side, regardless i am very interested. Anyone no how much to transport to chicagoland burbs?

triplestang
01-23-2008, 09:41 PM
Not all salvages are bad. bought an '02 F150 Harley Truck w/40K on it. All it needed was two doors and a piece of rocker. Had less the $12k in a super nice truck!!!

Just depends on what the car looked like before it was repaired...and better yet, WHO Fixed it!!!!! If it's a salvage that has to be cut in half or something, then no it's not worth it, but something that needs a fender, radiator support, and rail pulled is fine. There's a lot of stuff out there that gets fixed that the insurance companies should totaled. Also alot that gets fixed with not ever being reported.

$8k for a repaired Salvage Mach is a decent price, I've seen low mileage cars at the Salvage sale bring $6500 and still need to be fixed. I'd definately want to see some close up shots of under the hood and of the bumper if I were interested in buying. Any repaired car can look good from 10 feet away.

triplestang
01-23-2008, 09:46 PM
Anyone notice the tape stripe was not completed on the right side, regardless i am very interested. Anyone no how much to transport to chicagoland burbs?S

Search for Mcnutt transport, I had one of my '03 Cobra's shipped from New Jersey to South Carolina for $640 enclosed. The driver called on a Thursday and said he was picking it up, described the car, and called Saturday morning to say he was in town.....

DTMach1
01-24-2008, 03:54 AM
That's what I was thinkin'

I'm always up for a Road trip to the Dubya Vee ;)

hawk
01-24-2008, 07:15 AM
I'm always up for a Road trip to the Dubya Vee ;)

hehehe:wings:

DTMach1
01-24-2008, 11:25 AM
I just looked at the pics....She use to post on this board...I drove down to NC to pick up a set of louvers from her...I take it she's moved and doesn't post here anymore?

EDIT:
Here She is: http://mach1registry.org/forums/member.php?u=7084

65fastback, why not PM her on your local board and ask her to post up here...like I said she's still a member!

DanB
01-24-2008, 11:34 AM
good luck on the sale nice car btw

Blue1
01-24-2008, 03:42 PM
Yea sorry i've been sick and still am but it's a bit easier to type and look at the screen now.

The "fame" is absolutly fine. I was iffy about it as well but when you drive it you'll see.
The airbags are orig. and never came out so apparently it wasn't too bad of a hit.
It's not a show car.. has some rock chips and thanks to a log truck in NC it has a few rock chips in the windshield that have been there for a year and havn't cracked. but still bug the CRAP out of me. Shaker has a lil scrape in it that just needs paint.. then the dent I mentioned.. uhm front bumper was tapped in a parkinglot in KY :growl: but only seen by anal people like me.

I'm selling it for what I owe. I do live in WV now and the weather SUCKS here. I HAVE to go to work even when it snows and this being my DD it's just not working too well.

Every day that passes I think of pulling it from the for sale boreds and keeping it to build.

BUT it's still registerd in NC and I havn't been able to get down there to get it inspected and new registration so i'm on dead tags... again... it's in my dads name so that another issue I can't stand. The loan is in his name so the car is in his name and he's in NC. It's a headake I don't want to deal with anymore.

So instead of me jabbering on here.. I suggest if your thinking about it get it before I change my mind lol I KNOW it's a good deal and it is because it pissed me off driving to work SIDEWAYS the other day.. and the day before that.. and the week before that...

Any questions u can email me at teayotasoupra@yahoo.com

Blue1
01-24-2008, 03:43 PM
I just looked at the pics....She use to post on this board...I drove down to NC to pick up a set of louvers from her...I take it she's moved and doesn't post here anymore?

EDIT:
Here She is: http://mach1registry.org/forums/member.php?u=7084

65fastback, why not PM her on your local board and ask her to post up here...like I said she's still a member!
:) yup!! You saw it! Doesn't look like its been wrecked other than that **** sticker missing on the pass. side.

matab14
01-29-2008, 01:01 PM
Just curious, did this thing ever sell?

Blue1
01-29-2008, 01:58 PM
Not yet. A LOT of people "claiming" it and "making arrangements" but no money. No one has even met up with me to see it. Which I understand everyone wanting it if they came to see it they'd buy it on the spot which is what I want.. but **** this is a long drawn out process and I HATE it.

I have a guy waiting on me since I want his car...

04azuremach
01-29-2008, 02:22 PM
Considering my Mach is wrecked and my repair bill is 11K that is insanely tempting...

Blue1
01-29-2008, 02:35 PM
Even if the buyer didn't want to keep the car i'm pretty **** sure they can take their time selling it and make a profit from it.

it drives.. it drives wonderful! I sent pics to MANY and it shows everything and there is NO wrinkles no cracks.. notta on the supports. all looks good! I drive it everyday and have always done so. I've driven it on long trips. NEVER had a problem.

I'm just really trying to sell it and sell it fast. Not trying to screw anyone over.

MrE
01-29-2008, 03:36 PM
Sounds like a pretty decent deal on a car that's been proven to be sound, salvage title or not. Wished I lived closer to WV! Iraq is just a little out of the area at this time! :23:

demike
01-29-2008, 04:37 PM
Are you interested in trades? Say a 97 gt 5spd? If so we could work something out. Let me know.

triplestang
01-29-2008, 06:42 PM
I can't believe someone hasn't bought this.

Blue1
01-29-2008, 08:05 PM
I can't have the title until I have the money to pay it off. The title is in NC at Vizion Credit Union.

04azuremach
01-29-2008, 08:25 PM
I think I'm going to pass on buying it, but what about you. Are you available? :3amin:

c0nfl1kt
01-29-2008, 08:36 PM
I think I'm going to pass on buying it, but what about you. Are you available? :3amin:

For serious. I would not mind having her around hehe

65fastback2+2
01-29-2008, 08:36 PM

nope shes taken...by me :D

thanks for asking tho

Blue1
01-29-2008, 10:03 PM
WTF am I suppose to do? Hold the bank up?? I don't hav e$8k to get the title free. If I did I wouldn't need to sell it.

65fastback2+2
01-29-2008, 10:32 PM
WTF am I suppose to do? Hold the bank up?? I don't hav e$8k to get the title free. If I did I wouldn't need to sell it.

ya...its quite easy to sell a vehicle, most people just make it difficult.

Seller has Bills of Sale made up

Seller and Buyer each get a copy, this is a legal and binding agreement

Buyer gives seller money

Seller gives Buyer car

Seller retains insurance on the vehicle

Seller pays off loan from bank

Seller overnights title when received

voila

04azuremach
01-29-2008, 10:34 PM
nope shes taken...by me :D

thanks for asking tho

I call BS! :crazy:

Blue1
01-30-2008, 05:43 AM
You said signed title and contract in hand you'll take it. I can do the contract just not the title. The bank will have to give you the title.

aaronlstiles
01-30-2008, 07:58 AM
Sent you a PM, Call me As soon as you can. Thanks

JTCOBRA
01-30-2008, 03:57 PM
ya...its quite easy to sell a vehicle, most people just make it difficult.

Seller has Bills of Sale made up

Seller and Buyer each get a copy, this is a legal and binding agreement

Buyer gives seller money

Seller gives Buyer car

Seller retains insurance on the vehicle

Seller pays off loan from bank

Seller overnights title when received

voila

really the buyer needs to cut check to bank to clear loan

I am interested in car if its still available

thanks please PM me with number

triplestang
01-30-2008, 09:49 PM
[QUOTE=JTCOBRA;943562]really the buyer needs to cut check to bank to clear loan.

Very true!!!

I work at a bank, and have seen this many times recently. Simplest thing to do is find out all the loan information, have your bank even verify the sellers bank and loan information, just to make sure its on the up and up, current owner will need to give bank permission to give this information out. If the seller is on the up and up, get a bill of sale notarized by a third party. When seller gets title overnight to buyer.

aaronlstiles
01-30-2008, 10:35 PM
Gave you a call, If you would please call me back, Have the cash ready, Gave you my cell on Voicemail, Hope to hear from you soon thanks, Aaron

Blue1
01-31-2008, 07:43 AM
I'll call you later while i'm at work.

65fastback2+2
01-31-2008, 08:14 AM
[QUOTE=JTCOBRA;943562]really the buyer needs to cut check to bank to clear loan.

Very true!!!

I work at a bank, and have seen this many times recently. Simplest thing to do is find out all the loan information, have your bank even verify the sellers bank and loan information, just to make sure its on the up and up, current owner will need to give bank permission to give this information out. If the seller is on the up and up, get a bill of sale notarized by a third party. When seller gets title overnight to buyer.

true...however, I made it general becuase like when I bought my mach 1, there was no lien and the seller had title in hand, however, he didnt wanna give me the title til after the check had cleared, which made sense

aaronlstiles
01-31-2008, 10:46 AM
PM'd you my work # my cell not allowed in the office. Thanks

Mach1Man04
01-31-2008, 11:12 AM
ill trade you a 97 audi A4 quattro 4cyl turbo 5-speed

triplestang
01-31-2008, 06:11 PM
[QUOTE=triplestang;943798]

true...however, I made it general becuase like when I bought my mach 1, there was no lien and the seller had title in hand, however, he didnt wanna give me the title til after the check had cleared, which made sense

true....you can't be too careful now days

I hope she sells it soon....If not I'm going to make my husband take a trip to WV.

Blue1
01-31-2008, 08:03 PM
Sale pending.

Actually very happy about where she might be going :)
(awesome mach vert btw!)

aaronlstiles
02-01-2008, 07:34 AM
Thanks, If you could get your Dad to give me a call around 11:30 or so today, This way I can send him a deposit on the car. I am excited to get another Mach 1, Plus I can tinker with this one a Bit. Thanks again, and Nice talking to you.

Blue1
02-01-2008, 01:17 PM
I didn't see this till now.. it's kinda really past that time lol sorry

MachAssault
02-01-2008, 11:13 PM
I would of gone to pick it up personaly, with money in hand.....that is if it was BLACK...good luck

MachAssault
02-04-2008, 12:00 AM
you got any other cars for sale, it doesnt have to be a Mach lol....

aaronlstiles
02-04-2008, 09:37 AM
Did you sell the car? I thought we had a Deal going, Let me know something if you sold it or changed your mind I will move on and find another car. Thanks and let me know.

Blue1
02-04-2008, 09:48 AM
No it's still holding for you..

did my dad ever call you? He said he was going to on Sun. He was in FL so I don't know if he got side tracked or what.

aaronlstiles
02-04-2008, 10:40 AM
Ok, I just wanted to make sure, He never got in touch, but I am sure it will all work out. Thanks for the update.

aaronlstiles
02-04-2008, 03:22 PM
I undersdtand People have stuff come up, It may not be his top priority. If the deal falls through, I am sure she will let you all know.

Mach1Man04
02-04-2008, 04:07 PM
cant believe its not sold yet......

Blue1
02-04-2008, 10:00 PM
yea how terrible that my dad got side tracked to take a **** down payment on the car lol I'm sure Aaron is just so upset.......

He'll get to see it this weekend. Kinda hard to just drop work and everything to drive a car down to NC. Well not for me since my work decided since I was hurt at work they don't want me working... at all... anyways.. I still need my B/F to follow me which can't be done until this weekend.

But don't worry ;) He's got dibs and if he doesn't want it i'll post back up and he can even post up why he didn't want it.

MachAssault
02-04-2008, 11:59 PM
i meant like a sports car lol, should of been more specific..

aaronlstiles
02-07-2008, 11:27 AM
Not trying to start a war, But I haven't heard from her or her dad yet this week, If I am selling a car, I keep the buyer up to date, espically if I am supposed to meet them in a few days. Giving the fact that I haven't heard from her, I am going to pass on the car. It is a Nice car, just don't get a good feeling about the deal is all.

MrE
02-07-2008, 12:27 PM
Not trying to start a war, But I haven't heard from her or her dad yet this week, If I am selling a car, I keep the buyer up to date, espically if I am supposed to meet them in a few days. Giving the fact that I haven't heard from her, I am going to pass on the car. It is a Nice car, just don't get a good feeling about the deal is all.That's a shame. The seller probably had a sure sale with you, knowing how many cars you've bought, sold, repaired, etc etc. She must really not be too desparate to sell.

Blue1
02-07-2008, 03:50 PM
WTF? I took off work and so did my b/f so we could drive the car down there..

My dad is busy i'm sorry. I'm trying to buy another car which I need him to help with and things are just crazy.

You can call me you have my number...
If you want to back out ok just let me know for sure before I drive all the way down there for nothing.

Blue1
02-07-2008, 03:53 PM
It took you a little longer to get the same vibe i got rather quick. The chance on getting that title is slim to none, she's high drama:crazy: . Lets see who's next and wish them the best:secret: :ORANGE:

WTF? It's a bank that has the title.. You can call the bank.. hell he lives in NC if he wanted to wait until monday and meet my dad at the bank he could do that and just get the title then. I would just have to leave the car in NC.

I sold those louvers to the guy on here and gave him one hell of a deal. I'm not some crazy person trying to screw someone over. But hell if no one on here wants a good deal on a good car then whatever I have others who want it. Just kind of pisses me off i've been telling people the car has a sale pending on it and I could have sold the **** thing already but told Aaron i'd hold it for him.

aaronlstiles
02-07-2008, 03:54 PM
I don't think she is High Drama, I just think she is in no hurry to sell, She also thinks she posted it to cheap, Maybe she was just not calling waiting for me to back out, I really don't know, I just don't like the game playing, I gave her all my imformation and never heard from her Dad, I realize people get busy, I just wanted to Confirm title and payment, and who I was actually paying the money too. I am Military and my bank is out of town, I can't just get money here in 2 hours. Like I said, I am not trying to bash anyone, I wanted the car, but I will find another one.

aaronlstiles
02-07-2008, 04:01 PM
If what you say is true, why couldn't you have least called me, and followed up. I was ready to buy like last week. Coud have already paid for the car. But put yourself in my position, If I was told He was supposed to call me, and he doesn't I then assume, that the deal is kind of on the verge of falling through. I never name called, I do business on the up and up. and when I never heard from anyone about meeting this weekend I figured you either changed your mind, or had other offers, Yes I could have called you, but I already did that, the ball was in your court as the seller once we agreed on the price and the deal. I hope you have no hard feelings as I am not saying anything bad or negitive about you.

Blue1
02-07-2008, 04:07 PM
No instead you just ****ed me out of hours at work along with my b/f and now I have to find those that were really interested in buying..

My understanding was we were meeting this weekend and my dad was suppose to get ahold of you for the $500. Didn't know he didn't get ahold of you since we've been stressing like CRAZY over this new loan. I was going to call you tomorrow to get the time/day. I had NO idea it was such a big issue that we never took a **** payment.

But whatever... I should have figured this would go south just like every god **** thing in my life.

RPM007
02-07-2008, 04:30 PM
How can everyhting be **** in your life if you have a mach one, like I read every day of owning a mach is a good one, dont know why people would sell for so cheap when a car has pretty good resale value.

Blue1
02-07-2008, 04:32 PM
How can everyhting be **** in your life if you have a mach one, like I read every day of owning a mach is a good one, dont know why people would sell for so cheap when a car has pretty good resale value.

Mine doesn't with a salvage/rebuilt title

I don't need the money I just need the loan paid off. That was my goal to pay it off before the next payment is due on it.

RPM007
02-07-2008, 04:40 PM
No instead you just ****ed me out of hours at work along with my b/f and now I have to find those that were really interested in buying..

My understanding was we were meeting this weekend and my dad was suppose to get ahold of you for the $500. Didn't know he didn't get ahold of you since we've been stressing like CRAZY over this new loan. I was going to call you tomorrow to get the time/day. I had NO idea it was such a big issue that we never took a **** payment.

But whatever... I should have figured this would go south just like every god **** thing in my life.

okay??? you lost me!

turbo mach1
02-07-2008, 06:10 PM
would someone please buy this f#(@ing car,so we can put this thread to a rest. its like a car wreck you have to look to see the drama!!:headbang:

Blue1
02-07-2008, 07:35 PM
Mods can delete if for all I care. I've pretty much lost the trust to sell from another state.. I can't afford to do this again it NEEDS to go before the next payment is due. And it's going to be REALLY hard for me to take another day off.

I'm in WV with the car...

hawk
02-07-2008, 07:47 PM
Closing this, but leaving it in the open for reference.