PDA

View Full Version : Check these out

Berzerk
11-08-2007, 03:31 AM
I've recently taken interest in photography. In the 8 months or so I've had my camera I've taken over 11,000 pictures, mostly of birds. I take my camera with me everywhere I go and today I'm glad I did.

I was getting ready to leave my house and my Mom said that I didn't need to take my camera. I said "probably not, but you never know when you're going to see something cool". Well, I was right & I've never been as happy to have my camera as I was today. The pictures below should explain why!

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee320/RK-3_Photography/Birds/Bald%20Eagle/Nov072007-2020_900x600.jpg

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee320/RK-3_Photography/Birds/Bald%20Eagle/Nov072007-2023_900.jpg

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee320/RK-3_Photography/Birds/Bald%20Eagle/Nov072007-2024_900.jpg

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee320/RK-3_Photography/Birds/Bald%20Eagle/Nov072007-2025_900.jpg

These pictures are definitely not my best work. I was sprinting full speed in boots through mud while holding my camera w/my 400mm lens attached. I wish someone took a picture of me because it must have looked funny as hell.

To see one of these birds in person, in the wild & as close as I was is truly phenomenal- it is both overwhelming and awe-inspiring. You cannot truly appreciate just how large these Eagles are without seeing one. As far as I could tell, this one's span was somewhere around 6'6" to 7'. I feel somewhat privileged to have seen one so close in the wild. Honestly one of the best days of my life.

Here is a link to my photography. (http://s234.photobucket.com/albums/ee320/RK-3_Photography/) I just started the account & I'm constantly uploading pictures to it. I have all my pictures separated by species & also pick my favorite photo from each week.

muzman
11-08-2007, 03:38 AM
awesome! great birds to see. We dont have Eagles in NZ but we do have Hawks which resemble Eagles on a smaller scale. Lots fly around and over our house, we live in the country, always love looking at birds of prey, something majestic about them. Keep up the good work.

wchamberlain
11-08-2007, 03:44 AM
Wow, great photos.............It symbolizes what every American is all about. It's hard to describe what the flag and the symbol of our nation mean to me.

R.Shackleford
11-08-2007, 04:20 AM
Cool!

FloridaOrange
11-08-2007, 07:08 AM
Cool pics Z. We've got quite a few down here, there's a breeding nest about 2 miles from my house. Certain times of the year the city hosts and trains an internet camera on it. :THUMBSUP: (audoban dude) :D

04VAMach1
11-08-2007, 08:46 AM
Looks nice. It is still rare to see them, however they are popping up more and more. We had one start nesting near us a couple of years ago. The land was being rezoned for commercial development when the nest was discovered. Needless to say, they are not developing that land now.

weaver
11-08-2007, 08:56 AM
It's good to see these in the wild. Nice pics!

MachGirl04
11-08-2007, 09:50 AM
VERY cool! I've never seen one so thanks for sharing! And I'm glad you didn't break your leg or something trying to chase the thing! Beautiful!:worship:

ZincDude
11-08-2007, 10:50 AM
Thats the highest flying turkey I've ever seen.:smack:

2k4mach
11-08-2007, 11:39 AM
B quit sizing down the quality lol.
just resize the image but leave the quality alone :D
judging by the size your sizing down the quality around 50-60%

Berzerk
11-08-2007, 02:02 PM
Thanks everyone. I'm glad I didn't break my leg too!

awesome! great birds to see. We dont have Eagles in NZ but we do have Hawks which resemble Eagles on a smaller scale. Lots fly around and over our house, we live in the country, always love looking at birds of prey, something majestic about them. Keep up the good work.
Thanks! I have a few pictures of Hawks on my account too. They're equally cool to watch, but just don't have the same feel as a Bald Eagle! Heres the best pic I have at the moment of a Red-tailed Hawk:
http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee320/RK-3_Photography/Birds/Red-tailed%20Hawk/IMG_0215_photobucket.jpg

Wow, great photos.............It symbolizes what every American is all about. It's hard to describe what the flag and the symbol of our nation mean to me.

Same here! It is moving to see one of these in person.

Looks nice. It is still rare to see them, however they are popping up more and more. We had one start nesting near us a couple of years ago. The land was being rezoned for commercial development when the nest was discovered. Needless to say, they are not developing that land now.
Yeah, thankfully their population is rising. There was a MASSIVE spike in breeding pairs from 2005 to 2006; from 7066 to 9789! Thats a great comeback and I'm very glad they've made it.

B quit sizing down the quality lol.
just resize the image but leave the quality alone :D
judging by the size your sizing down the quality around 50-60%
I'm not sizing down the quality. LOL. The camera is set on 10.1mp, 3888x2592pixels. Alls I'm doing is reducing it to about 3500pixles and cropping out a 900x600 section making the bird larger, but still in focus. Am I resizing wrong?

nikbait
11-08-2007, 02:06 PM
Wow those are really some amazing pics, thanx for sharing them with us!

2k4mach
11-08-2007, 02:09 PM
ok since your cropping there prolly fine, a full out pic should still be like 1 meg after its resized, these you posted are like half a meg lol. makes since now that you said you cropped them :D

Berzerk
11-08-2007, 02:21 PM
ok since your cropping there prolly fine, a full out pic should still be like 1 meg after its resized, these you posted are like half a meg lol. makes since now that you said you cropped them :D

haha yeah. If I posted the full-sized pics they'd be about 3.28mb, but way too big for any screen to see. And b/c the Eagle was so far away, I HAD TO crop them or it would have looked much smaller LOL. I was double checking b/c I've mis-cropped pics in the past and never noticed till some1 told me!

rickthestick
11-08-2007, 02:37 PM
cool pix Z

Shaker04
11-08-2007, 04:58 PM
Nice job. I can look at eagle pics all day. Never fails to give me goose bumps.

machths
11-08-2007, 05:05 PM
Gorgeous birds and great pics!

Berzerk
11-08-2007, 10:03 PM
cool pix Z
Thx Rick.
Nice job. I can look at eagle pics all day. Never fails to give me goose bumps.
Thx. Same here, I can close my eyes and still see the Eagle flying. I doubt I'll ever forget it.
Gorgeous birds and great pics!
Thanks!

hawk
11-11-2007, 06:20 PM
Nice pix. I stole one... :)

muzman
11-11-2007, 06:32 PM
[Thanks! I have a few pictures of Hawks on my account too. They're equally cool to watch, but just don't have the same feel as a Bald Eagle! Heres the best pic I have at the moment of a Red-tailed Hawk]:

Those are just like the ones we have over here, the look really cool when they come in "low and slow".

Berzerk
11-13-2007, 07:32 PM
Nice pix. I stole one... :)
haha cool hawk! Glad ya liked it.
[Thanks! I have a few pictures of Hawks on my account too. They're equally cool to watch, but just don't have the same feel as a Bald Eagle! Heres the best pic I have at the moment of a Red-tailed Hawk]:

Those are just like the ones we have over here, the look really cool when they come in "low and slow".

Yeah. Theres a lot near me. That one was relatively low, just cruising lookin' for some grub. I can remember being fascinated by Bald Eagles and Red-tailed Hawks from the age of 5 and it continues now. I have a large collection of Eagle statues as well. They are just amazing birds!