PDA

View Full Version : 1 maybe 2 free intake ports........ please read

DanB
10-14-2007, 01:20 AM
well I have been reading and dealing this this intake situation and I have a proposal. If someone local would like to participate in a little experiment, I would like to take one of these intakes and flow test them stock then. I will Port the intake my self ( I have been porting for years) then reinstall the intake on the same car. this way we can note that gains. please note there will be some criteria that would need to be met. Pictures will be taken every step of the way. also actual flow numbers stock and ported will be recorded

1. your car will have to be tuned by us/ or have already been tuned by us before hand. (this you will have to pay for )
2. You will have to be willing to do this on my time. this will not be a 1-2 day deal this might take a little while (1-2 weeks guestamation)
3.whom ever wants to participate in this, will be billed the labor involved with the R&R and tuning only. However the port will be complements of PSR (FREE of charge)
4. I reserve the rights to all testing information and graphs.
5. After the Port job is done you must report all findings and drivability experience here on this thread.

This is kind of like Myth busters Mach 1 style. I am not doing this to prove anything. It would seam that there is a lot of people who would like to know if there are some actual gains in this modification. I want to do a legitimate test on the entire porting the intake theory... Maybe our own Indy wouldn't mind using the blazer and we could just do his:) hint hint If not I'm up to any options.

I also might be willing to do one threw mail order for some one if they have one already off the car ready to go. Pm me if you are interested. I don't want to head any derogatory remarks towards anyone in this thread. I have no idea if this modification yields any gains what so ever. but I am interested in finding out my self

If you mail one in I will need to know what year it is from

Mark04Mach1
10-14-2007, 01:24 AM
sounds like a good deal......for da ones that live in AZ!!!:D

Olivas
10-14-2007, 09:55 PM
If the mach wasn't my daily driver I would be all over this, and if I weren't leaving.

rsnider
10-14-2007, 10:24 PM
What are the $$ extimates for tune and R&R? Just a ballpark figure?

Up to now my car is completely stock under the hood save a K&N filter.

INDY
10-14-2007, 11:31 PM
We might be able to work something out with my Mach.:eyebrows:

CompOrange
10-14-2007, 11:42 PM
I would jump all over this if it were not for the fact that I need my car to get to ASU everyday for school since I only have a parking permit for my car, not my motorcycle. ****. Would be nice for whoever got this though.:santa: