PDA

View Full Version : Average time a mach lasts for sale?

nikbait
09-28-2007, 06:03 PM
Hey guys, was just curious what the average length of time that a mach advertised for sale on here takes to be sold?

tammy

mikeofwarr
09-28-2007, 06:41 PM
Not sure on here, but the local dealer took about 6 weeks to sell one this summer, He was asking $18,900 at first for a yellow 03 with 40K miles. He then dropped the price to $17,900 and it still sat for a few weeks.

nikbait
09-28-2007, 06:45 PM
Oh yeah...I have yet to see a mach at any dealer here. Which sux cuz when I am going to be in the market for one here in the spring, I'm prolly gonna have to buy online...and that's not something I'm looking forward to cuz I've heard horror stories....plus when a car is for sale online across the country it really makes it hard to check it out...

mikeofwarr
09-28-2007, 08:21 PM
I've been looking for an 01 Mustang Bullitt for about 3 months to replace my 98 GT. Like you said, most of ones online are accross the country or out of my price range. Finally found a nice one close by at a great price this week. Picking it up tomorrow morning. Good luck with your Mach search.

nikbait
09-28-2007, 08:43 PM
That's cool! I hope to find one that's not so far away when I am ready to shop, but for now just am loving this site:)

MachGirl04
09-28-2007, 09:35 PM
I didn't know about this site when I got mine. There are always machs popping up for sale here which you know already. I found mine by searching Autotrader.com and sites like those. I only had to go as far as a town near Chicago which was like 2 hr drive or less. With most of those sites you can set a radius of how many miles you are willing to go. So anyway, mine was from a dealer up there. I paid 21K and didn't even try to talk the guy down at all. I was like OMG!! Give me the freakin' papers NOW!! I think it sat there a while. I was online everyday looking at it for a month at least. It had 16K miles on it.

I could have gotten a red mach if I had gone to St. Louis, but I wanted the white one.:25: We already had a TR V6 so I had to get a different color. I figured the dorks that didn't know what a mach was would just think I modded the hell out of the sixer. haha!

nikbait
09-28-2007, 09:50 PM
Hehe yeah. But I'm looking for specific color so it might be harder for me to get the car I want. I've been looking on autotrader here lately, and haven't seen anything that catches my eye, only ones on here. I am SOOO GLAD that I found this site! I love this site, and all the folks here are real nice:) Angela, someday we will have to meet in person;) I've also been on ebay, AND FOUND MY CAR TODAY:(:( Alas, i cannot buy one yet. Its in Texas and its blue, and it has a few mods that I am wanting myself to do when I get the car....but they want like 21K for it. Anyways, yeah, I am prolly gonna end up buying from someone here.
Has anyone had experience buying their machs online, here or other places?

MachGirl04
09-28-2007, 10:07 PM
Hehe yeah. But I'm looking for specific color so it might be harder for me to get the car I want. I've been looking on autotrader here lately, and haven't seen anything that catches my eye, only ones on here. I am SOOO GLAD that I found this site! I love this site, and all the folks here are real nice:) Angela, someday we will have to meet in person;) I've also been on ebay, AND FOUND MY CAR TODAY:(:( Alas, i cannot buy one yet. Its in Texas and its blue, and it has a few mods that I am wanting myself to do when I get the car....but they want like 21K for it. Anyways, yeah, I am prolly gonna end up buying from someone here.
Has anyone had experience buying their machs online, here or other places?

Yeah, that would be cool. We should cruise in to Norwalk next year to show 'em who's the boss. I have nothing to back that up but doesn't matter. ha! I should have posted that on "smack talk".:31:

Mustanger2
09-28-2007, 10:14 PM
My local Ford dealer has a PRISTINE 04 Screaming Yellow Mach 1 that I'd die to own! 27k miles,...it has a few MGW interior dress up items & not a mark on it anywhere! I mean this car is show ready inside & out...LOL, dealer is asking $24,900 for it though. I got them to commit to sell it at 20,995 just playing around, I love this car!

PS..I'll drive it carefully to Idaho for gas & eats!

nikbait
09-28-2007, 10:59 PM
Nice! Too bad its yellow. Its gotta be blue man:)

nikbait
09-28-2007, 11:01 PM
Yeah, that would be cool. We should cruise in to Norwalk next year to show 'em who's the boss. I have nothing to back that up but doesn't matter. ha! I should have posted that on "smack talk".:31:

I don't know what that is, but sounds like it would be nice to attend! We'll have to hook up for sure!

MrE
09-28-2007, 11:42 PM
http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=69747

MachGirl04
09-28-2007, 11:49 PM
http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=69747

I saw that not long ago, E. He was selling when I was looking to buy and in my state. I just didn't know. I would have saved some money and had fewer miles on the car. It's ok, because I love mine, but you know. I don't know where else he was advertising, I sure didn't see it.

nikbait
09-29-2007, 01:21 PM
And another thing, hubby and I were discussing the machs last nite and he told me he would not let me buy one sight unseen, SOOO in other words i have to find one fairly close to me, then go look at it, then decide:) Gonna be an adventure for sure!

stangdriver
09-29-2007, 04:59 PM
Mine was at the dealership for two months (according to cars.com).

Close is a relative term :) We got the 93 from Ohio, that was a LONGGGGGGGg day / drive. The mach was from Georgia, so 4 hour drive there, what felt like a lifetime at the dealership, and 4 hours home.

nikbait
09-29-2007, 10:03 PM
I'm not going to go thru a dealer if I can help it. They never want to come down on their prices. Private party is more likely to make a deal than a dealer would. At least that's been my experience here in boise.

nikbait
09-29-2007, 11:13 PM
Wow that's not bad;) Good for you!

Mustanger2
09-30-2007, 03:18 AM
And another thing, hubby and I were discussing the machs last nite and he told me he would not let me buy one sight unseen, SOOO in other words i have to find one fairly close to me, then go look at it, then decide:) Gonna be an adventure for sure!

I understand...but I bought an 04 black Mach 1 in Georgia sight unseen from a complete stranger, then I had another person I never met check it out for me, then a third internet only aquaintence pick it up & store it for 3 weeks 'til the shipping truck could pick it up!!! All went well & the car is better than expected!!! But it sure was scary! LOL...

This yellow one still has factory warranty left on it & is SOOO clean, (except for my drool marks) but I know the feeling of wanting exactly what you want! We had to have a black one.

nikbait
09-30-2007, 11:19 AM
Yeah, I am gonna have to fly out to wherever the car is at, then check it out, then decide whether I want it or not, hubby will not let me get one without checking it out first.
I like yellow, but its so bright I think the cops would just ache to pull me over in one:)