PDA

View Full Version : Price?

jfarless
09-11-2007, 07:19 PM
I looking to buy a Mach 1. The one that I have found is AB with a 5 speed and 58000 miles. The price is $13,000 but The vehicle has been in an accident, but the repairs are excellent and I cannot tell. Is this a good price?

Lonestar7
09-11-2007, 07:35 PM
I would say its about right and if you have the car checked by a good mechanic and he says its ok I would buy it. Its worth the money to pay a mechanic to check it out.

LS

jfarless
09-11-2007, 07:44 PM
Thanks, I had my step-dad check it out and he works in the body shop at the ford dealership and he said the work on the car was good but he did not know anything about pricing.

cobramach1
09-11-2007, 08:03 PM
You need to make sure the car doesn't have a salvage title. So long as the title is clear and not salvage then yes, that would be a fair price. If it's a salvage title then basically take low book and divide it into half and that is your price for a salvage titled car. Make sure that you do look over the car very closely though with a fine tooth comb. I had looked at one in California before I bought mine. It was an '04 with only 13k miles and the guy wanted 13,500 for the car but it had a salvage title. The body work was excellent. However, every single place the car could leak it did. The rearend was leaking, the rear main seal was leaking, the power steering was leaking. I think the only part that wasn't leaking was the transmission. I walked away from that car and never looked back. Even if the body work looks ok, the jarring from the crash could have screwed some other things up so be careful and do your homework.

birdman941
09-11-2007, 08:11 PM
Salvage and rebuilt titles are completely different.
To get a ""Rebuilt" title, it has to be inspected by whatever state
in which it was repaired.
Mine WAS salvage but is now "Rebuilt".
I did the work and know it's fine.

jfarless
09-11-2007, 08:15 PM
The title is clear(not salvaged or rebuilt) I checked the carfax and the seller showed me the title. I really want a white mach 1 but I am having a hard time letting this price go.

cobramach1
09-11-2007, 08:31 PM
Salvage and rebuilt titles are completely different.
To get a ""Rebuilt" title, it has to be inspected by whatever state
in which it was repaired.
Mine WAS salvage but is now "Rebuilt".
I did the work and know it's fine.

you are correct and i didn't specify. the one i was looking at had the rebuilt title too. a person still has to be careful though. the body work on the car i looked at was great, but they didn't fix all the leaks and i just want to make sure that someone goes completely through the vehicle and doesn't end up with a lemon of a car is all by not inspecting it thoroughly.

the price is good. i was set on my color/trans so i was willing to wait for my car and i think i got a good deal on mine. 24k miles, 19k dollars back in June of this year. there was one closer in california, but they wanted 24k dollars with 21k miles on it and wouldn't budge on the price so i flew to florida and bought my car at a dealership out there and road tripped home back to nevada! :)

birdman941
09-11-2007, 08:50 PM
Yes, you do have to be careful, for sure.
Mine is fine though, as I can assure you I am very familiar
with nearly every part of 99-04 Mustangs.

cobramach1
09-11-2007, 10:22 PM
I can tell that you're very familiar with these mustangs from your posts. I'm the same way with the 69-70 mustangs. It's a bit of a gap in years, but I didn't like the mustang from 74-98, then in 99 they came out with a car with some nice lines and I was back in the game and bought my '00 GT. I had been planning on purchasing a Mach 1 ever since I bought my new F250 back in '02 and said that as soon as it was paid off I would buy my mach and sure enough the same month I made my last payment on my truck, the mach I have now showed up and it was exactly what i wanted so I bought it and have been very pleased with it. My first car was a '70 Mach 1 that I still have nearly 20 years later now and I completely intend on keeping this '04 as well.

wchamberlain
09-11-2007, 11:31 PM
I looking to buy a Mach 1. The one that I have found is AB with a 5 speed and 58000 miles. The price is $13,000 but The vehicle has been in an accident, but the repairs are excellent and I cannot tell. Is this a good price?

Very good price, as long as the body work has been completed correctly, get a carfax and make sure. 13k, yeah it's got a few miles, but 08 cars are gonna be here soon, and if it's an 04 with 58k, not terrible, more and more people are putting more than the eavegae miles on their car nowadays, good luck with your purchase.

jfarless
09-12-2007, 12:51 PM
I did get a carfax and it show a clear title and it shows the crash, which was into a gruadrail, and that the airbag came out during the crash. I think I will ask the guy that is selling it for pics from the crash into the gruadrail. Thanks to those of you who replyed to my posting.

rhite95
09-12-2007, 01:18 PM
What do you want to do with the car if you just want a dd that you are going to drive all over the place or make it very fast I would say go for it
but if you want to have something that will be worth some money down the rode I would buy something that you want with the color that you want.