PDA

View Full Version : Emissions

CompOrange
09-11-2007, 02:27 AM
How strict are they on emissions here in AZ? I'm thinking about going O/R soon and am curious as to what inspections they will do here. Have never been through emissions before so what am I to expect?

TorchedMach1
09-11-2007, 06:43 PM
I'm currently running an O/R H-Pipe, and know several others who are as well. My car is actually registered down in Willcox where my parents live and they have no emissions testing at all (towns too small). I believe here in Phx for newer vehicles they just plug into the computer so mils should do the trick. Somebody else should chime in though to confirm.

Also I have a used Stainless Steel Magnaflow O/R X-Pipe I might be looking to get rid of if your interested. :secret:

CompOrange
09-11-2007, 07:03 PM
If that's the case, I should be fine as long as they don't do any visuals.

Need to get my exhaust here first before the O/R, waiting until this weekend to buy a SS MAC system...it's my bday present to myself :gears: :COOL:

Lonestar7
09-11-2007, 07:28 PM
Here in Colorado they are super strict and do dyno and visual testing I am having to detune my engine to get it to pass and still need to have a mechanic verfy that my NOx levels are low enough to pass.

LS

INDY
09-11-2007, 10:47 PM
A custom tune or mil deletes will get ya through in Phx, as long as you don't have to do an out of state inspection and smog test.

Is your Mach currently registered in Phx?

CompOrange
09-12-2007, 02:00 AM
Yes sir, it is registered here in Maricopa County.:yes:

Shiper
09-12-2007, 10:17 PM
I just moved here from OK and my car is still registered there. I'm running OR H pipe. What can I expect?

INDY
09-13-2007, 01:12 AM
I'll check with the boss to find out what you can expect as far as registering your Mach here from out of state. I think you might have to get a visual inspection done which means you'll probably have to get a set of cats installed then remove them after the test if you want. I'll let ya know what I find out.

INDY
09-13-2007, 01:19 AM
Yes sir, it is registered here in Maricopa County.:yes:

Then all you'll need is a good tune, which I would recommend anyways with the mods you have planned.

When I bought my Mach it was bone stock, I added a K&N replacement filter, Bass. cat back, and O/R h pipe then checked the A/F on the dyno and it was WAY lean (@15.5-16.0) WOT. I'm glad I checked it, with the A/F that lean the engine wouldn't have lasted to long.

Shiper
09-13-2007, 03:45 AM
:CHEERS: Thanks a lot man.

DesertMach
09-13-2007, 08:23 AM
When I registered my Mach here from out of state the inspection was a joke,

They walked around the car and just looked at the extior not underneath at all, then they just made sure the lights and horn worked, that was it for me.

On a side note it was over 600.00 for the registration.

Shiper
09-13-2007, 08:41 PM
I just paid $800 for my tag in OK. Maybe I'll put off that registration for awhile. $600? Man...