PDA

View Full Version : So who is doing the the work?

24kmach
09-08-2007, 10:52 AM
The population of the USA is 300 million.

160 million are retired.

That leaves 140 million to do the work.

Ther e are 85 million in school.

Which leaves 55 million to do the work.

!
Of this there are 35 million employed by the federal government.

Leaving 15 million to do the work.

2.8 million are in the armed forces preoccupied with killing Osama Bin-Laden.

Which leaves 12.2 million to do the work.

Take from that total the 10.8 million people who work for state and city governments.

And that leaves 1.4 million to do the work.

At any given time there are 188, 000 people in hospitals

Leaving 1,212,000 to do the work.

Now, there are 1,211,998 people in prisons.

That leaves just two people to do the work.

You and me.

And there you are,

sitting on your ***,

at your computer, reading jokes.

Nice. Real nice !! :headbang:

03BumbleBee
09-08-2007, 11:06 AM
I think both of us are at the computer, you writing the thread, and me reading it!:CHEERS:

FL Mach 1
09-08-2007, 11:44 AM
Thats pretty good.

jbrad88
09-08-2007, 12:04 PM
Good thing that both my jobs require I am on the computer...at least some of the time so I can keep up with this place...

GR8 WYT
09-08-2007, 03:46 PM
Even though the thread is meant as a joke, I believe we will be in this exact sitatution shortly. Once all the "boomers" head for the golf courses, those of us left will be burdened with Medicare and Social Security that will be BUST by the time we retire. I am a firm believer that once you are not and cannot contribute to the society in some way (work, volunteer, teach, etc.) you are then a parasite of society itself. At that point, refer to the movie "Soilent Green" with Charlton Heston for the solution.......

machgsxr
09-08-2007, 04:28 PM
Which leaves 55 million to do the work.

!
Of this there are 35 million employed by the federal government.

Leaving 15 million to do the work.

2.8 million are in the armed forces preoccupied with killing Osama Bin-Laden.

Which leaves 12.2 million to do the work.

Your math is off so there is actually 5 million people working while me and you are B.sing on here. :COOL:

swoop1156
09-08-2007, 04:34 PM
2.8 million are in the armed forces preoccupied with killing Osama Bin-Laden. There are around 1.4 Million in Active Duty status and about 1.2 Million in Reserve Components.

Also, I know that that/this thread is supposed to be a joke and fun -- but we are not pre-occupied with killing Osama Bin-Laden. Don't you watch the news? We want the oil! :??:

In all seriousness -- without us in the Military, you wouldn't be here on the site. Just so people know that we're doing good things. Been over "there" and done "that" and sick of hearing about "it".

24kmach
09-08-2007, 06:39 PM
There are around 1.4 Million in Active Duty status and about 1.2 Million in Reserve Components.

Also, I know that that/this thread is supposed to be a joke and fun -- but we are not pre-occupied with killing Osama Bin-Laden. Don't you watch the news? We want the oil! :??:

In all seriousness -- without us in the Military, you wouldn't be here on the site. Just so people know that we're doing good things. Been over "there" and done "that" and sick of hearing about "it".

I was in the USAF on B-52's during Vietnam 63-67. You don't know what it is to be hated my your own people. I say burn all the hippys.:24: