PDA

View Full Version : Intake Updates

TorchedMach1
08-17-2007, 12:30 AM
I just thought i would start a thread on this so we could keep everybody in the loop. :CHEERS:

The first intake should be ready pretty soon. I guess we've narrrowed it down to Darrel or I taking the first one. Darrel either way it doesn't matter to me. Also, Mark should be getting his in pretty soon, if he hasn't already received it. I'm guessing he will chime in soon enough and let us know how it's going. Also if you wouldn't mind, maybe you could post up some pics when you get it in.

I'll let you guys know when I hear from Naz.

Torchmach
08-17-2007, 12:58 AM
Why don't you go for the first one Jay. I am going to be in, and out, of town the next few weeks between work, and Car Shows. 1st, or 3rd week in Sept will be good for me.

Ported should look the same on the outside, but the runners!!!

MAFMACH1
08-18-2007, 11:08 AM
Hey guys, I received the intake Friday and the bads news is that one of the corners where a bolt hole is located was broken off into (3) pieces & a 1.5" crack was noted on the bottom of the casting too. Looks like DHL damaged it during transit - I sent Naz pics and he said it was fully insured so I returned it yesterday and he is sending out a new one Monday! I'll post some pics when it shows up later next week......Mark

Torchmach
08-18-2007, 02:47 PM
Hey guys, I received the intake Friday and the bads news is that one of the corners where a bolt hole is located was broken off into (3) pieces & a 1.5" crack was noted on the bottom of the casting too. Looks like DHL damaged it during transit - I sent Naz pics and he said it was fully insured so I returned it yesterday and he is sending out a new one Monday! I'll post some pics when it shows up later next week......Mark

BUMMER!!!! Good thing it was insured. Keep up posted Mark, am looking forward to some pictures.

TorchedMach1
08-19-2007, 03:43 PM

Man that sucks! Well atleast it was insured and a new one will be on the way soon. How did it look besides all the breakage?

TorchedMach1
08-31-2007, 07:25 PM
Well I just got a PM from Naz and my intake went out today. :yes:

So Darrel I guess that will mean your about 3 weeks out for yours. :CHEERS:

Lonestar7
08-31-2007, 07:57 PM
You will be happy with your intake Orange blast did mine and Naz does great work too. It does really help the car breathe and give it more zip.

LS:THUMBSUP:

Torchmach
09-02-2007, 11:47 AM
Well I just got a PM from Naz and my intake went out today. :yes:

So Darrel I guess that will mean your about 3 weeks out for yours. :CHEERS:

Sounds good to me, that will be after the Route 66 Days Show, in Flagstaff Sept 7-9.

Does anyone have dyno numbers on what a ported intake can do for you? I have 293 Hp at the wheels right now, with a full Magnaflow exhaust, C&L CAI, Accufab TB, and PHP spacer.

MAFMACH1
09-21-2007, 04:09 PM
PSR is installing my intake as we speak and it will go on the dyno next Monday (9/24). I'll let you know what the new hp numbers are after that!

INDY
09-21-2007, 11:40 PM
Ask Dan If he wants me to come out there and tune it for ya.:devil:

We can handle the tuning, you just need to get YOUR Mach back together soon. Dan's Cobra should be ready to hit the track in about a week, then he will be waiting for ya at the track...............:devil:

Olivas
10-06-2007, 05:02 PM
PSR is installing my intake as we speak and it will go on the dyno next Monday (9/24). I'll let you know what the new hp numbers are after that!

So...., what is the word on the new numbers?

MAFMACH1
10-06-2007, 09:28 PM
So...., what is the word on the new numbers?

Disappointing to say the least......Devin made (3) pulls on the Dyno and did not see any gains in HP at all....my numbers were the exact same as previously graphed on the dyno chart before the intake install at 307. I sent a pm to Nazman with this news and have not received any reply. Sure hope you guys have better results than I did..........Mark

INDY
10-07-2007, 12:39 AM
Ummmmmm..............Did you check and adjust the tune????

Are you saying it was the same and ALL POINTS of the curve?

The P&P intake was the only thing changed on the Mach. Nothing else was added at the same time besides trying to adjust the tune to make more power from the P&P intake. We did back to back before and after dyno pulls there was maybe 1-2 HP in the middle of the curve, but nothing more then that. Changing the tune didn't have any better results either. Not bashing the ported intake, but we just didn't see any gains. It may make a difference at the track, but it didn't help on the dyno.

Olivas
10-07-2007, 06:31 PM
Disappointing to say the least......Devin made (3) pulls on the Dyno and did not see any gains in HP at all....my numbers were the exact same as previously graphed on the dyno chart before the intake install at 307. I sent a pm to Nazman with this news and have not received any reply. Sure hope you guys have better results than I did..........Mark

Wow, I'm shocked to say the least. With your supporting mods (TB, headers) I would have expected at least something. Can only be the heads or the cams holding the motor back then. So, what's next??

MAFMACH1
10-07-2007, 08:24 PM
Wow, I'm shocked to say the least. With your supporting mods (TB, headers) I would have expected at least something. Can only be the heads or the cams holding the motor back then. So, what's next??

This pushes me into taking my next step later this month - a Force 2 TNT N02system to deliver a 150 hp shot on the current stock bottom end motor. Hindsight being 20/20, I should have spent the money on the TNT kit to "guaruntee" a return on my investment regarding hp gains instead of rolling the dice on a $500 intake that netted zero hp increases. I plan to run it @ SW alot this winter to see how low the ETs are before I start funding a PSR "built" motor with all the right stuff! Mark

Nazman
10-13-2007, 04:19 PM

MAFMACH1
10-13-2007, 07:46 PM
Hey Naz, I just talked to DanB at PSR and he is MORE than willing to swap out my intake with another one from you to re-check it on the dynojet. Dan says they have all of the exact dyno numbers and custom tuning info before & after the ported intake was installed. How do you propose to address the cost of swapping the intakes? Dan said to just send him a PM for details and they'll take it from there........Thanks - Mark

Nazman
10-14-2007, 11:56 AM

2k4mach
10-14-2007, 12:10 PM
WOW! You're a bit thinthitive today.:OOPS:

All I meant was a direct comparo between the two.

I need a set of heads :3b:

Mark04Mach1
10-14-2007, 12:11 PM
I need a set of heads :3b:

+2 :33:

2k4mach
10-14-2007, 12:30 PM
You should see a set of DanB's heads!! Fuggers are sweet!:THUMBSUP:

I thinking about getting a set of CNC'ed heads for this n/a motor ive got lol.