PDA

View Full Version : FS: 2004 CO Mach 1, IUP, Manual, Fully Stock, 23,000 miles

jonathan.ramsey
07-24-2007, 02:11 PM
Guys I hate to do it but I am considering selling the Mach. I just bought my fathers Lincoln LS, and thinking about getting rid of the extra vehicle. I am the original owner of this 2004 Competition Orange Mach 1 (IUP, Manual, Tinted windows, no mods, 23,000 miles).

What do you guys think I could get as a price if I am not in a hurry to sell?
If I did keep it, and stored it what do you think the future value would be? How much more depreciation until they start going back up.

It's a hard decision, I love the car. But not sure if I want to have a car that is just stored and not driven daily. Maybe some insight on how you guys that do store your vehicles, or keep low miles, still enjoy the car would help.

As you can tell I'm really split on this subject :OUCH:

MrE
07-24-2007, 02:23 PM
I just bought my fathers Lincoln LS,What year LS did you buy??

jonathan.ramsey
07-24-2007, 02:28 PM
2002 Dark Blue, Crome package, well maintaned. My Dad sold it to me for 7K, it books for 14K. Will be a real nice Daily Driver.
Reading some of the other threads where people regretted selling thier Mach, and seriously wondering if I could ever sell mine and not regret it myself.

MrE
07-24-2007, 03:05 PM
2002 Dark Blue, Crome package, well maintaned. My Dad sold it to me for 7K, it books for 14K. Will be a real nice Daily Driver.
Reading some of the other threads where people regretted selling thier Mach, and seriously wondering if I could ever sell mine and not regret it myself.I don't know, but I can tell you that if it were me, I'd unload the LS before the Mach, especially that year. '00-'02 LS' had lots and lots of problems. Valve cover gaskets, ABS module problems, hydraulic cooling fan and pump problems, BAD COILS, SRS clocksprings fail religiously, SRS side air bag connectors under the seats, break, rear wheel bearings, window regulators/assemblies.........list goes on and on. Ford figured out most of the stuff by 2003, but they still have their problems. In the shop, we called the LS "Lincoln's Contour"! Good luck!

jonathan.ramsey
08-10-2007, 04:10 PM
Guys I hate to do it but I am considering selling the Mach. I just bought my fathers Lincoln LS, and thinking about getting rid of the extra vehicle. I am the original owner of this 2004 Competition Orange Mach 1 (IUP, Manual, Tinted windows, no mods, 23,000 miles).

What do you guys think I could get as a price if I am not in a hurry to sell?
If I did keep it, and stored it what do you think the future value would be? How much more depreciation until they start going back up.

It's a hard decision, I love the car. But not sure if I want to have a car that is just stored and not driven daily. Maybe some insight on how you guys that do store your vehicles, or keep low miles, still enjoy the car would help.

As you can tell I'm really split on this subject :OUCH:

Anyone got any thoughts to share on the matter. I seem to go back and forth on the matter daily. Could use some insight.

65fastback2+2
08-10-2007, 04:13 PM
why not just dd the mach? sell the LS for $12-14k....get your $7k back and give your dad the rest.

if you gotta have another car...look into a used mazda millenia...preferably an S

jonathan.ramsey
08-10-2007, 04:19 PM
why not just dd the mach? sell the LS for $12-14k....get your $7k back and give your dad the rest.

if you gotta have another car...look into a used mazda millenia...preferably an S

Thanks for the input. I think I will keep the LS, it's a nice business car. But that leaves my Mach in storage, which leaves me leaning towards selling again today.

OSUALUM78
08-10-2007, 04:27 PM
If you bought the LS for $7k, and it books for $14k, and you are considering selling the Mach, I'd:

sell the LS for $14k (= $7k profit for you)

get a more reliable (per MrE's reply), just as nice car for a DD, that is cheaper than $7k or around $7k. A DD doesn't have to be nice, unless you need it to be for work purposes, and if that is the case, make your company pony up a DD.

That will leave you with a DD, and $$$ for mods or storage fees or both

Don't sell the Mach :(

:3b:

jonathan.ramsey
08-23-2007, 05:41 PM
Okay, latest update. The other weekend I spent some time detailing the Mach, thinking it would be nice to take some pictures. Well that did it, spending that much time with the car made me realize I'm crazy if I sell it. So, subject to change, I have decieded to keep it.
Now the big question is what do i do with it. Probably start by getting one or two small road chips painted. Then I got to decied to either mod, or leave original.
If I mod I probably wont do anything to radical, and nothing that can't be reversed.
Thanks to everyone for your input.