PDA

View Full Version : Top End

forcefed
09-14-2003, 07:42 AM
Anyone know from experience or reading threads whats the top end speed for the mach 1. Does it have a shut down chip after a certain mph? All i seem to read about is 1/4 mi. specs. Please note if replying, tell me if your all modded up or stock. would rather have stock specs. but am interested in performance with mods as well. Thanks a-mill Mach On:CHEERS:

Mikestang
09-14-2003, 08:40 AM
Not sure about auto's but the 5 speeds shut down at 151.

1YLDRYD
09-14-2003, 10:06 AM
Yah and I read somewhere that the autos shut down somewhere under 130mph.

codymach
09-14-2003, 03:13 PM
The autos shut down at 126 MPH and the 5 speeds at 151 MPH!

SVOkip
09-14-2003, 03:21 PM
I don't know where you got that from, but I've had my auto up to 134 and I let off because the road was running out. I know what it feels like to cut out at 130(crown vic) and it definitely was not cutting out. Still pulling strong as a matter of fact. I've never heard of a cutoff on GT's, so I don't see why they would cut off the MACH.

codymach
09-14-2003, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by SVOkip
I don't know where you got that from, but I've had my auto up to 134 and I let off because the road was running out. I know what it feels like to cut out at 130(crown vic) and it definitely was not cutting out. Still pulling strong as a matter of fact. I've never heard of a cutoff on GT's, so I don't see why they would cut off the MACH.

Got it from three or four different mustang magazines....and numerous threads here at the site. Glad yours doesn't! While I have a 5 speed, personally there are times when I would rather have an auto....especially when it comes to 1/4 mile racing. I am not "JOE RACER" an auto would improve my times a great deal!

Jim H.
09-14-2003, 06:41 PM
I have been to 128 without the chip kicking in. I have heard automatics to about 6200rpm at around 140mph before shutting down. Don't know that first hand though. Hmmm I wonder how crowded I-30 is right now?

69mach03
09-14-2003, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by Jim H.
I have been to 128 without the chip kicking in. I have heard automatics to about 6200rpm at around 140mph before shutting down. Don't know that first hand though. Hmmm I wonder how crowded I-30 is right now?

3rd Gear - 6250 (rev limiter) - 130 mph
4th Gear - 4500 (approx) - 135 mph

That's the max for my auto, anyways. :THUMBSUP:

Midnight
09-15-2003, 03:08 AM
I thought the gts' shut offaround 125-130

Machster
09-15-2003, 03:50 AM
You guys from Texas are brave! We just got back from a 5600 mile road trip/ family vacation. It took us through north Texas, on Hwy 54. Driving the family Toyota Sequoia. Speed limit was 70. Cruise control at 79. Long flat road. No one but me and Trooper Bundy. $110.00 fine when he saw the Oregon license plate. The Justice of the Peace said I could pay $200.00 and make it go away. I paid the $110.00. I'll be darned if they are gonna rob me. Anyway, I'd love to know the top end, but in Texas it is 79 mph. :HOPPY:

Jim H.
09-15-2003, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by Machster
You guys from Texas are brave! We just got back from a 5600 mile road trip/ family vacation. It took us through north Texas, on Hwy 54. Driving the family Toyota Sequoia. Speed limit was 70. Cruise control at 79. Long flat road. No one but me and Trooper Bundy. $110.00 fine when he saw the Oregon license plate. The Justice of the Peace said I could pay $200.00 and make it go away. I paid the $110.00. I'll be darned if they are gonna rob me. Anyway, I'd love to know the top end, but in Texas it is 79 mph. :HOPPY:

That's too bad. If you went before a J.O.P. it must have been a small town. That's how some of them survive. One of the worst places is Van Horn in west Texas. Next time you drive through make sure you have a good radar detector.

forcefed
09-15-2003, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Comp. Orange
Yah and I read somewhere that the autos shut down somewhere under 130mph.

Hey Comp. Orange, what did you order with your mach, auto or 5 speed? And do you plan to register with vanity plates?

forcefed
09-15-2003, 02:54 PM
That's too bad. If you went before a J.O.P. it must have been a small town. That's how some of them survive. One of the worst places is Van Horn in west Texas. Next time you drive through make sure you have a good radar detector.

Hey Jim H. what do you mean SMALL TOWN???:confused: I've always heard everything was big in Texas;) lol

Jim H.
09-15-2003, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by forcefed
Hey Jim H. what do you mean SMALL TOWN???:confused: I've always heard everything was big in Texas;) lol

AAAAH a myth that refuels itself. Wish I could get my Mach to do that. I'll give you a couple of examples......"A poke and plum town"... poke your head out the window and you're plum out of town. My favorite...Wink Texas is so small that if you eat a foot long hotdog you're outta town.

forcefed
09-15-2003, 11:35 PM
AAAAH a myth that refuels itself. Wish I could get my Mach to do that. I'll give you a couple of examples......"A poke and plum town"... poke your head out the window and you're plum out of town. My favorite...Wink Texas is so small that if you eat a foot long hotdog you're outta town.

Thanks jim got a good laugh outa your examples, especially when i tried to read them with a southern accent. lol:CHEERS:

1YLDRYD
09-16-2003, 08:52 PM
Hey Comp. Orange, what did you order with your mach, auto or 5 speed? And do you plan to register with vanity plates?
ordered a 5-speed. Not sure about the plate. It's a tax issue. Transfer my GT tag and pay the property tax later. Get a vanity tag and pay the tax then. I am thinking though "2fst4u" or "pnyxprss" hey how about "cbiscit" I did like the movie.

forcefed
09-16-2003, 10:45 PM
ordered a 5-speed. Not sure about the plate. It's a tax issue. Transfer my GT tag and pay the property tax later. Get a vanity tag and pay the tax then. I am thinking though "2fst4u" or "pnyxprss" hey how about "cbiscit" I did like the movie.

Haven't seen the movie yet but sounds fitting. I'm having FORCFED as my plate so long as no one else has it by the time i get to register. Still gonna keep your GT?:CHEERS:

run2speed
09-16-2003, 10:58 PM
top speed
137 with 3.55s
131 or a little more with 3.73s
gear made a little change it would give a little more but
in the red is in the red. i like driving not killing.

1YLDRYD
09-18-2003, 12:24 AM
Haven't seen the movie yet but sounds fitting. I'm having FORCFED as my plate so long as no one else has it by the time i get to register. Still gonna keep your GT?:CHEERS:
FORCFED is a great one. Not sure about keeping the GT. I do love it, It's an 01, performance red which I really-really like. My wife wants it so she may get it in the end. Hmmm lets see, if I work 10hr days and half a day on saturday, lunches are over rated- a pack of cheeze crackers will do..........If I can I'm keeping it. I bet my property values will go up with 2 stangs in my driveway

forcefed
09-18-2003, 01:10 PM
FORCFED is a great one. Not sure about keeping the GT. I do love it, It's an 01, performance red which I really-really like. My wife wants it so she may get it in the end. Hmmm lets see, if I work 10hr days and half a day on saturday, lunches are over rated- a pack of cheeze crackers will do..........If I can I'm keeping it. I bet my property values will go up with 2 stangs in my driveway

I hear ya on the taxes, certainly will increase the # of folks slowing down in front of your driveway to look at your eye candy sitting there. Hell you could make an exhibit in your driveway and charge people 2 bucks a head to check out your pony's. then maybe you wouldn't have to work that 1/2 day on sat........:CHEERS:

1YLDRYD
09-18-2003, 10:08 PM
I hear ya on the taxes, certainly will increase the # of folks slowing down in front of your driveway to look at your eye candy sitting there. Hell you could make an exhibit in your driveway and charge people 2 bucks a head to check out your pony's. then maybe you wouldn't have to work that 1/2 day on sat........:CHEERS: now you got me thinking :D