PDA

View Full Version : Who has wired a Sub Amp and Sub to the Mach 460 system?

acreature
05-22-2007, 04:56 PM
I have never messed with a stock audio system, other than ripping it out to change it all. But the Mach sounds decent (Mids and Highs (not the Bass)) and all I really want to do is add a sub.

I found that it already was set up that way, evident by the Line Converter (Tsunami FL-LOC600) mounted between the rear speaker amps. It is already wired up and all I have to do is plug the RCA cables into an Amp.

My question; What would be the easiest way to hook up the Power-On lead to the Amp I add? There is one brown lead from the converter that is unused, but it did not power up when I checked it with the test-light.

I cannot locate any manuals for the converter either. I dont want to wire the turn-on power to an ignition source (would stay on all of the time the car was), and I really do not want a toggle mounted in the Mach for turning the sub Amp on either. I just want the sub amp to turn on when the stock radio is powered up. I assumed that the Line Converter did this also.

There are 3 wires into the stock amps that are powered - Ignition on and Ignition off, so I cant tap into the amps for "Turn-On" power.

I cant do the toggle switch. It would look ghey.

Any help would be appreciated.

acreature
05-22-2007, 07:45 PM
No one?

03whtpny
05-22-2007, 10:56 PM
i put my amp turn on wire with the windshield wiper fuse on the fuseblock under the dash. When I installed at circuit city this is how we did it on stock vehicles with no real access a switched 12v source. The line converter was wired in above the amp rack just behind the drivers seat. this link shows how and where http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/fcar/despeeds1.htm

markthenarc
05-23-2007, 12:28 AM
Just use the switched accessory wire under the dash at the key switch. Remember to put a 5amp fuse in line with it. And don't run your power wire like it shows in the link. Cut a slit in the gromet first and run the wire through the gromet not around it.

03whtpny
05-23-2007, 12:39 PM
yeah yeah dont run it around the grommet cut the slit in it or make your own hole just be careful of master cylinder and such. I made my own hole which if you run 4ga you will probably need to make your own and most amp kits come with a plastic grommet to put in the hole to keep metal off of the wire.

Chini42
05-28-2007, 03:04 AM
I install at a shop for a living. Just use the acc 12v coming from the radio. Also dont just use a stock bolt for your ground, you can get some issues with doing that. Take out your back seat, sand it down to bare metal, then use a self tapping screw to go directly to the unibody. Makes for the best possible ground. Just make sure to spray with some undercoating, if you end up going through the car with the self tapper. Dont skimp on the power wire with some off brand wire, same goes for the RCA's. They make a huge differance. If you have any more questions, just ask. Here is a list of audio wire colors for our cars. What amp/subs are you going with?

acreature
05-28-2007, 06:51 AM
Thanks for the advice.

I have one extra Diamond Audio D310D4, so definitely going with that. Not sure about an Amp yet though. All I have left lying around is an old HiFonics Cyclops (Not the current Cyclops.... but the Series VIII; I bought this old beast back in the early 90s)