PDA

View Full Version : Whats My 2004 Mach 1 Azure Blue 5spd worth?

ShakeandBake
04-19-2007, 12:08 AM
well i got a question. i have a 2004 Mach 1 azure blue, 5spd, 24k miles, new back tires, H&R 2in lowering kit, 5% tint, flowmasters, still has 7 months on factory warrenty, mint condition very nice and powerful, and was wondering what it is worth cause i am goin to sell it! i dont know what it is worth but know people are selling them for! i can sell it for a really good deal and also want to know what is a price that no one can refuse when i sell it? if anyone has any info to help me i would greatly appreciate it! if your looking for a car like this call me a 601-297-4069 or leave a message!
-steven

MrE
04-19-2007, 01:05 AM
well i got a question. i have a 2004 Mach 1 azure blue, 5spd, 24k miles, new back tires, H&R 2in lowering kit, 5% tint, flowmasters, still has 7 months on factory warrenty, mint condition very nice and powerful, and was wondering what it is worth cause i am goin to sell it! i dont know what it is worth but know people are selling them for! i can sell it for a really good deal and also want to know what is a price that no one can refuse when i sell it? if anyone has any info to help me i would greatly appreciate it! if your looking for a car like this call me a 601-297-4069 or leave a message!
-stevenAre you asking for "REALISTIC" advice, or someone to blow smoke up your butt??

Here's the realistic advice for you.....since you mention that you can let it go for a price that no one can refuse.

List it at anything over $17k and you're wasting your time. Sure, you'll get a couple of calls, just to inquire about it, but nobody really serious. List it at $16,500 or better, and you'll get some interest. Anything under $16k and you're more than likely to sell it faster than anyone else wanting $20k +!

Be sure to put OBO after your price. Now is the PERFECT time to sell!! Good luck!!

ShakeandBake
04-19-2007, 01:43 AM
**** with them selling for 22 grand area i thought 19300 obo would be a good deal

Thunderbolt
04-19-2007, 05:57 AM
Just test the waters and start out at $19K. The above poster goes into all the "for sale" threads and spouts off the same drivel because he let his Mach go for 16K and he's ticked. :notsure:

Shaker1
04-19-2007, 07:18 AM
I agree, start at 19,300 and be patient. But, be prepared to lower your price if necessary. Still having some warranty left is a plus to a buyer.

HotRod
04-19-2007, 09:36 AM
Yeah, Id be pissed too if I sold mine for $16k.:eek:

RightTime
04-19-2007, 12:30 PM
Space Coast Honda in Cocoa FL has a white 04 with 38k miles, asking $23,900. :bigeyes:

Depends on the market in your area, seems to be alot of Mustangs in Fl. Try ebay or AutoTrader or CarMax.

http://www.spacecoasthonda.com/ou/cocoa-honda/console.do?page=r_used_specials

Chirp 3rd
04-19-2007, 12:59 PM
Just test the waters and start out at $19K. The above poster goes into all the "for sale" threads and spouts off the same drivel because he let his Mach go for 16K and he's ticked. :notsure:

+1

I would go with what kbb.com says and work from there.

ShakeandBake
04-19-2007, 01:20 PM
thanks for the help guys! i am goin to see where this goes and see if it is worth $19,300 to someone out there and if not then ill keep my little piece of history and drive it! it is a great car i just kinda needa truck!

musicalmerlin
04-19-2007, 01:47 PM
I sold the TR 2 years ago, similar miles. I tried 20K, 19K, finally sold at 18K. That was with an ESP plan. It took all summer to get it sold - finally sold in September '05. Wow, it's been that long. The other guys are right, you'd be selling at the right time. Prices are going up because it's spring going on to summer now and everyone is jonesing for a sweet ride.

Having just gone through the searching and buying process, all I can say is it all depends. I talked a 1 owner '03 ZY with about that many miles down to $18K, and that was at a dealership. I just missed by a day an '03 ZY with 40K miles for $16500, but that was in Texas. I bought the '03 AB with 3600 miles for $20K. IMO that's an accurate price. The car is unmolested. For what it's worth, this guy said he fielded a lot of calls on the car, and the first question was always, "Has the car been modified? Not interested if the car has been modified." They end up not buying the car because the wife said no. (I asked first, then bought. :D )

From what I've seen on ebay, you can squeek an '04 with 40K miles if you're savvy for $16500. But it won't be on the first time it's listed. It'll be the 3rd or 4th try and the seller (if a dealership) will just be trying to dump the car at that point and get wholesale or just above wholesale. I think private sellers will hold out longer.

It all depends. From a buyers point of view, this is what I've come up with:

1) The cars are all out of warranty now or will be shortly, so year built doesn't make a difference pricewise in terms of getting support from factory, unless an ESP was bought for car and is transferred over.

2) Both years have their pluses and minus. '03 has the web on the liner for sticking things in, '04 has the upgraded radio that can hook up to satellite radio. Etc.

3) Rarity of color. Some dink at a dealership told me CO was the most rare. I just left laughing. I don't care how rare the color is if the car needs major work in the near future. By the way, your color is one of the two most prolific for the run. If rarity were truly something driving the market today, AUTOs should be going for much more than 5SPD. Period, end of story. That's not the case. Market demand is driving the prices, not rarity.

4) IMO, Modded cars are going to be harder to sell. The reason for this is twofold. First, you are going to find a lot of potential buyers like me who don't want a modified car OR are afraid the mods speak to the car having been beat to snot on the track. I don't care if the car's been to the track, I DO care if the car has been maintained properly and the wear and tear items (and you have to include the engine in tranny in that list if you're going down the track!) are replaced as needed. The second set - the modders of the group, they all want to do their own thing. It's a real hassle to have to take a set of mods off, sell them, and put their own mods on. I might be out of line with the second set here - I'm sure they'll all speak up.

5) CARFAX can be a blessing and it can be a curse. I loved seeing exactly when the oil was changed every time. I also understand not trusting the dealership to look at a car, let alone touch it! Problem is, I haven't found many cars which come with a log of "This is when I changed the oil, this is when I did the brakes, blah blah blah." (Note to self: Do this with the AB!)

6) It depends on where you are. For some reason Arizona seems to be the best place to pick up a cheap mach, but you'll pay a crapload to ship it back. I don't have a good feel for the rest of the country. I just know I saw several machs listed in Arizona that were going for short money. Including COs. Also, if you're out in the boonies, it's going to take longer unless you know someone who knows someone who's jonesing. Shipping a car costs a lot of money - I think it's like $1200-$1500 to go cross country, right? And that's not in a covered trailer.

If you've got the time, do the research. Go to KBB, edmunds, NADA, and black book, and get the averages. Even better: take the car to 4-5 dealerships, say "I'm thinking of selling the car outright, what will you give me for it." Take the best offer as the wholesale value for the car and go from there. If you owe money on the car and even after tacking 2-3 thousand on top of that and are still upside down on the loan, DONT SELL IT. Log on to autotrader and cars.com and see what guys are asking. Call them up and make offers to see what private owners and dealers will take.

Good luck.

E-MACH
04-19-2007, 02:20 PM
-steven

Mine has 10K+ miles, 7 year warranty, and beautiful, and I'd bet $18,500 + or is about all I could get... REALLY. It just takes the right buyer though... not a dealer/stealer though. I do know that every used one that hit a dealer's lot around St. Louis is GONE in a week. There's still interest.

AzureAz
04-19-2007, 02:38 PM
I just picked mine up 2 weeks ago 03 AB IUP 5spd 6100 miles only mode is Bassani exhaust and X pipe for 19000 with over 1 year left on the ESP.

MrE
04-19-2007, 03:01 PM
**** with them selling for 22 grand area i thought 19300 obo would be a good dealI only said what I said because I bought mine brand new off the dealership parking lot for $20,800, and sold it not quite 3 years later for $16k. What it boils down are a couple of factors: how motivated you are and how much you paid for your car compared to how much you owe on it.

It's these poor guys who paid $22k, $23k, $24k and even $25k+, and then can't get much more than $18k for them, that are ticked.

I'm just a little ticked that I let it go......period, but I enjoyed it while it lasted.

Thunderbolt
04-19-2007, 04:48 PM
It's these poor guys who paid $22k, $23k, $24k and even $25k+, and then can't get much more than $18k for them, that are ticked.

You'd have to be a complete retard to think your gonna break even on a car you bought afew years ago. If your that concerned with resale value, then don't buy a car, just ride a bicycle.

03BumbleBee
04-19-2007, 11:11 PM
Everybody wants to buy low and sell high, there are alot of people selling their Machs below value because they are not patient enough to wait for the right buyer, or have to for finacial reasons. Remember, this is niche car and takes a niche minded buyer to really be interested in owning one. Good luck.

2k4mk1
04-19-2007, 11:54 PM
Its worth as much as you can get someone to pay ya for it...

ShakeandBake
04-20-2007, 01:32 AM
lol thanks for the help everyone it really gives me some more outlook on my car!

tuco
04-20-2007, 01:53 AM
I only said what I said because I bought mine brand new off the dealership parking lot for $20,800, and sold it not quite 3 years later for $16k. What it boils down are a couple of factors: how motivated you are and how much you paid for your car compared to how much you owe on it.

I'm just a little ticked that I let it go......period, but I enjoyed it while it lasted.

i would gladly pay 20,800 for a new one (sub 100 miles....as if there were any new ones left) right now but there is no way I am gonna give some1 anything near $20,000 for a used car knowing many got theirs new for a little over $20,000

i might just have to miss out unless i can find a good deal but there is always the shelby GT to fall back on

Chirp 3rd
04-20-2007, 04:56 AM
i would gladly pay 20,800 for a new one (sub 100 miles....as if there were any new ones left) right now but there is no way I am gonna give some1 anything near $20,000 for a used car knowing many got theirs new for a little over $20,000

i might just have to miss out unless i can find a good deal but there is always the shelby GT to fall back on

The MSRP of the Mach1 was $30,000. I got mine with the Xplan and a rebate for 27,000 and I thought I did well. That's a far cry, from the near $20,000 that you claim most of them went for.

Also, isn't the Shelby GT nothing but a stickered up GT? Each their own I suppose.

Thunderbolt
04-20-2007, 05:49 AM

Pay $40K-$50K (Dealer bend over pricing) for a Shelby GT, or $20K for a Mach? HHmmmmmmm, which sounds like a better deal? :what:

MrE
04-20-2007, 02:53 PM
The MSRP of the Mach1 was $30,000. That's what confuses most people. Just because the MSRP is a certain number and a person paid that number, doesn't make the car worth that number. My Mach cost me $20,800 after rebates and D plan discount. The people that get their panties all in a wad are the ones who paid $25K for their Mach and can't even fathom the idea of selling it for $16k, which is what they're really selling for..........NOT at a dealership.

I was in the right place, at the right time, buying the right car, and the right dealership, in the right work place. I no longer work for a Ford dealership (thank God), so I doubt I'll ever see a sweet deal like that again.

Chirp 3rd
04-20-2007, 02:57 PM
That's what confuses most people. Just because the MSRP is a certain number and a person paid that number, doesn't make the car worth that number. My Mach cost me $20,800 after the $4000 and $750 rebates, and Dplan discount. To me, that's the value of the car. That's why people get pissed when they learn they paid $25k for a car and then there's the next guy who paid $21k, because that tells them that they overpaid for the car.

I was in the right place, at the right time, buying the right car, and the right dealership, in the right work place. I no longer work for a Ford dealership (thank God), so I doubt I'll ever see a sweet deal like that again.

Why does NADA and Kelly Blue Book go by MSRP from day one then?

MrE
04-20-2007, 03:04 PM
Why does NADA and Kelly Blue Book go by MSRP from day one then?KBB and NADA don't BUY cars......people buy cars. They're just guides. As previously mentioned, you're only going to get for your car what someone is willing to give you for it.

tuco
04-20-2007, 04:46 PM
The MSRP of the Mach1 was $30,000. I got mine with the Xplan and a rebate for 27,000 and I thought I did well. That's a far cry, from the near $20,000 that you claim most of them went for.

Also, isn't the Shelby GT nothing but a stickered up GT? Each their own I suppose.

I said many not most

I have seen people on here bragging about getting their fors 21,000 or 21,500 and then turning around 3-4 years later and trying to sell it for $20,000

no thanks. I ain't gonna do such a person any favors. i'd rather take a hit on getting a NEW car than on a USED car which who knows how hard they drove it

I saw a mach go for $18,000 two years ago with just under 20,000 miles. At the time that was one of the lower prices I'd seen but still. Some people just aren't realistic but I guess if you can get some1 to overpay then thats the way it goes.

Chirp 3rd
04-20-2007, 04:52 PM
What you think they're worth and what they're going for are two different things though. Low mileage 2004 Mach1s in my area sell regularly for $22-23K and the '03s come in at about $20K. But feel free to low ball people, it's not going to get you a Mach1 though. You seem cautious with your money, but you're interested in a Shelby GT for ~$40K?! No thanks...

G'luck to you though.:HOPPY:

65fastback2+2
04-20-2007, 05:09 PM
I said many not most

I have seen people on here bragging about getting their fors 21,000 or 21,500 and then turning around 3-4 years later and trying to sell it for $20,000

no thanks. I ain't gonna do such a person any favors. i'd rather take a hit on getting a NEW car than on a USED car which who knows how hard they drove it

I saw a mach go for $18,000 two years ago with just under 20,000 miles. At the time that was one of the lower prices I'd seen but still. Some people just aren't realistic but I guess if you can get some1 to overpay then thats the way it goes.

a beat to death mach 1 for $16k and $24k in mods will blow a terminator or gt500 outta the water for the same shelby GT price hehe

Thunderbolt
04-20-2007, 07:19 PM
I must be losin' it or something. People biochin' about paying $20K for a Mach? :what: To me, that's a heck of a great price for such an awesome car. I paid 18K for my brand new '93 GT back in Sept. '93. To fast forward 10-15 years later and get this kind of a muscle car for $20K I think is a steal.

03BumbleBee
04-20-2007, 07:43 PM
I must be losin' it or something. People biochin' about paying $20K for a Mach? :what: To me, that's a heck of a great price for such an awesome car. I paid 18K for my brand new '93 GT back in Sept. '93. To fast forward 10-15 years later and get this kind of a muscle car for $20K I think is a steal.

:stupid: Mark my words, people will find out what a great car this was and is years from now....history has tendency to repeat it's self.

06RR
05-16-2007, 05:10 PM
Pics to

cheyenne.phillips@cen.amedd.army.mil

atk#332
05-16-2007, 06:41 PM
If i were going to buy it i'd give you 18,500...look around there heck maybe a little more just dont get too overzealous with it, I bought mine new with end of year pricing rebates and military discount for 24,100 so i wouldn't go into the 20's for a used, but hey it's your car

AzureMach1auto
05-16-2007, 07:29 PM
Your going to blow it up if that camera sparks gas fumes. Then it will be worth :wings: :teeth: