PDA

View Full Version : INA Insurance? Really Cheap Prices

ach1
08-27-2003, 01:51 PM
While at the Woodward Dream Cruise, I came across a booth called INA Insurance, and they gave me a post card to call for insurance on specialty "exotic" cars like the Bullitt and Mach1.
So I gave them a call, and they quoted me a price that was almost unbelievable. $536.00/Year compared to my $1300/Year from AAA and I had quotes of $1200/year from State Farm.

Anyway, my question is, has anybody heard of this company, and are they reputable? I've never heard of them, and I don't want to sign up for some sort of scam. I usually believe the "if it is too good to be true, it probably is." When I asked for some of the details in writting, he said they didn't have any details, and I would get the declaration page when I signed up for the policy... Any info on this company would be great!

sutyak
08-27-2003, 02:21 PM
webiste: http://www.inainsurance.com

Looks very interesting. Shame it says all drivers of a Collector vehicle must be 25 yrs of age+. (I'm 23)

Good luck,

Mark

Speedman
08-27-2003, 07:42 PM
I called them... They have ALOT of criteria in which need to be looked into before they will insure you. i.e. no racing the car, must be in a locked, enclosed garage, etc. Seems like a good company, but unless you fit the perfect case, they probably wont insure you.

ach1
08-27-2003, 10:35 PM
The guy didn't go over any of those details with me! I'm sure there has to be some legal fine print for an insurance company somewhere. I'd hate to see them not honor a claim because I don't lock my garage door or someother loophole.

badappl
08-28-2003, 01:42 PM
I just got off the phone with Jim Winpisinger @ IMA (1-800- 633-5553). I qualify as an old fart who will keep his baby pampered, no racing, boozing, partying or playing that darned stereo loud!!!
I was quoted $581 annually for $500 deductable, flatbed towing (Say it cant happen:eek: ) $5K meds per passenger and $30K un/underinsured motorists.
After getting quotes from my homeowner's insurance Co. (State Farm) and my other auto insurance Co. (Allstate) for $1,200 to $1600 annually, I'm going to go with IMA.
BTW, I work with several Deputy Attorney Generals here in Nevada, one of whom represents the State Insurance Commission. While they cannot vouch for any particular insurance company, they can tell you whether a company has had complaints or formal action brought against it. IMA currently enjoys good standing here in Nev.
However, this is Specialty Insurance and IMA wants your Mach 1 to be a "Non daily driver". Depending on your state, IMA really does not want you to drive more than 3,000 miles a year (Although they do not come to your house to check your miles either)
Hope this helps:CHEERS:

ach1
08-28-2003, 02:14 PM
Its INA (and ACE company) not IMA right? (I want to make sure we are talking about the same company.) I was originally quoted something around $580/year and when I said I had Lojack, they dropped down to $536/year.
The one paper I did have them fax me says:
$300,000 Bodily Injury/Property Damage Liability
$300,000 Un/Underinsured

Physical Damage Collision or other: $0 deductable
Increased Spare Parts coverage upto $500 limit for $1.00 a year

badappl
08-28-2003, 02:22 PM
You are right sir, it is INA not IMA, my bad, sry for the confusion

03Mach1Chick
08-29-2003, 01:50 AM
I have Wawanesa I pay about $1400 a YEAR for fully coverage including uninsurence motorist and even rental coverage.