PDA

View Full Version : Rebuilt Title staus

Unrealford
04-06-2007, 05:43 PM
Most of you guys have probably seen the guy on ebay who sells rebuilt Mustangs fairly cheap. I have a question, According to a website a rebuilt status title means bad news, But how do you guys feel about it, Im very interested in a roush stage 1 on ebay with rebuilt status, Here what a website I found says about it: Red Light - Usually means there are issues with the title, rebuilt, not actual mileage, or some other problem. This is important, because you would not expect to pay as much for that car as one which had not been in a wreck. At wholesale auctions as the cars come up to the block, the ones with bad titles trigger the red title warning light to come on over the auction box. At this point, usually 50% of the bidders take off. The remaining 50% don't know what the heck to do, and the price ends up dropping usually 30%. The reason is a rebuilt car is just bad news. It's one thing to have a quarter panel replaced or door dent removed, but a rebuilt title means something very bad happened to this car. It means the car was totaled in an accident, then rebuilt, and the title was "branded" back to used car status again.

kmultiy
04-06-2007, 06:37 PM
I'm putting together a wrecked mach 1 rite now with a salvage title. As long as the damage was fixed properly i don't see the big deal, since your def goingto get the car alot cheaper then a normal one. Ask to see pics of the damage before and after, plus receipts help. And make sure they didn't use junk parts. Every part i bought for my car is a original ford part not some aftermarket junk. Oh and make sure who ever repaired knows what there doing and is certified.

birdman941
04-06-2007, 07:12 PM
My Mach is a salvage/Rebuilt title vehicle.
I did the mechanical work and the local body shop did the body.
Car looks, feels and drives like new.
It doesn't bother me at all.

Screaming04
04-06-2007, 07:30 PM
Our cars are getting to be old enough that this is no longer a concern but once a car has been "written off" or become salvage, all factory warranty is null and void.

kmultiy
04-06-2007, 08:21 PM
i hate that. To me certin things should still have a warranty. Mine only has 9000 miles. Its still a brand new car. Well kind of. Hey confed if your interested when mines done in the next couple weeks i might sell it to get a notch.

GRB60
04-06-2007, 08:23 PM
As long as you know what you are buying and pay an appropriate price, I wouldn't have a problem with it. If you plan on selling be prepared for that to be more difficult, too.

bucky
04-06-2007, 08:57 PM
I bought a rebulit (salvaged) 01 gt in the spring of 04, for about 4k less than what they were going for regular. the car was stolen, and the entire passenger side (front panel, door, rear quarter was smashed all to hell in a police chase. (this was before i bought it). I saw the before and after pictures, and when it was done, I couldn't tell it was the same car. I still have it, and it still is a strong runner, and it has a fair share of mods.
it's kind of a risk though.

Unrealford
04-07-2007, 02:37 AM
My wife things Im crazy, But i feel like you guys, as long as Ford parts and everything looks good, and uni-body wasent bent , I think getting it for 10 grand less than what they usually sell for is a deal, as long as you buy it to keep it for a very long time.:agree:

grey03mach1
04-07-2007, 01:42 PM
Just make sure not to get a flood car. Flood cars can be a nitemare with electrical problems and such

kmultiy
04-07-2007, 07:07 PM
Thats true, never in a million years buy a flood car

guss
04-07-2007, 08:29 PM
only thing i have been told the banks around here will not finace a rebuilt salvage title.but if you get it cheep enough thats agood deal.i bought a jeep cherokee this way but i traded work for it.