PDA

View Full Version : If you're from TX...

gomachin
08-27-2003, 10:44 AM
Check your PM's, funk and I are trying to get some people to go to FFW in Ennis. Let us know if you're interested. Should be fun if you can put up with Adam's mouth. LOL

;) Adam, don't you dare come back with what I think you're going to !!

Redthunder03
08-27-2003, 11:08 AM
Shoot i havent been paying attention.. When is it again?? Sorry.

I would surly be interested. Hell im only like an hour away!:HOPPY:

Jim H.
08-27-2003, 12:36 PM
Yep my wife and I will be there Friday, Saturday and Sunday. We've got reservations at the Best Western in Ennis right off 45 for both nights. Both cars in the show and looking forward to watching some good racing. Hope to meet some of you guys out there.

TX MACH 1
08-27-2003, 01:50 PM
We'll be there for at least one day. Would someone like to try and call them to see if they can set up an area for us in the show section?? I tried about 2 months ago but got busy and had to put it aside.

I'll be putting my car in the show either way so maybe we can all park somewhat close.

See you guys ( and girls ) there.

~Erin

Jim H.
08-27-2003, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by TX MACH 1
We'll be there for at least one day. Would someone like to try and call them to see if they can set up an area for us in the show section?? I tried about 2 months ago but got busy and had to put it aside.

I'll be putting my car in the show either way so maybe we can all park somewhat close.

See you guys ( and girls ) there.

~Erin

I went last year and it's a first come first serve kind of thing. I am planning on getting there early saturday and will see about saving a couple of spots. The only bad thing about the show is that it's right behind the bleachers and the speakers with the announcer will about drive you nuts.

MachKid03
08-27-2003, 01:56 PM
Hey Jim H,

A little off the topic, but I was just curious how your 69 Mach compares to your 03 Mach in straight line acceleration or otherwise??

TX MACH 1
08-27-2003, 01:59 PM
Yeah, I know how the show works, we've done it a few times with the old Lightning :cool: it's kinda a bugger...but I just remember the Bullitt's had that whole area to themselves. That is what I was trying to set up... Oh well, We'll be there early Saturday :-)

Jim H.
08-27-2003, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by MachKid03
Hey Jim H,

A little off the topic, but I was just curious how your 69 Mach compares to your 03 Mach in straight line acceleration or otherwise??

The 03 is an automatic and on the 69 I took out the 4:30 gears and put in 3:25's so I could cruise on the freeway without driving myself nuts. The 03 right now will come off the line a little quicker but by the time I hit 3rd gear in the 69 it will reel the 03 in and beat the h*ll out of it. Even with 3:25's the torque in 3rd and 4th gear is flat out mean. If I went back to the 4:30's I think it would eat up the auto all the way but it would be close, I think, with a 5 speed.
In cornering the 03 handles like a weasel and the 69 is more like.......hmmmmm....dump truck comes to mind.
Cruising in the 03 is sweet but nothing compares to cruising in a big block especially with no air or power steering. I don't think I've turned on the radio in the 69 but twice in 8 years.

Jim P
08-27-2003, 04:38 PM
I'll be in there on Saturday. Plan to put mine in the show.

jpetre
08-27-2003, 04:51 PM
Plan on being there but don't think I will be in the show

Is that the only way we can all park together?

Tomcat427
08-27-2003, 04:53 PM
I'll Be there Saturday. Can't do the show or race.

TX MACH 1
08-27-2003, 05:22 PM
We have only shown there so I don't know if you can pull in the gates if you don't show. You might be able too, I guess if you're like a "pit crew" or something... I will call and check.

BTW Tomcat, Happy Birthday...saw it down at the bottom of the opening page...:CHEERS:

Tomcat427
08-27-2003, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by TX MACH 1
We have only shown there so I don't know if you can pull in the gates if you don't show. You might be able too, I guess if you're like a "pit crew" or something... I will call and check.

BTW Tomcat, Happy Birthday...saw it down at the bottom of the opening page...:CHEERS:

Ditto!! It's a great day!

Thanks!:CHEERS:

gomachin
08-28-2003, 01:43 AM
I will talk to funk and get back with all of you on any plans. As it stands now we're going Friday. So we will be there if we need to get in the gates early Saturday. Looks like it will be quite a few of us.

Erin, are you going to check if we can all park together or should I call? Since I've never been I don't know what to expect. But I don't mind calling and checking. Let me know.

TX MACH 1
08-28-2003, 11:37 AM
Just talked to someone with Fun Ford. They said it would be fine if they reserved a section for us all in the car show. The only catch is that we have to be in the car show. If we had more cars coming we could reserve a space out in the pit area. She said the marauders are already doing that this year.

So, what they need to accomodate us is the 1st Mach to show up on Friday just let the arranger/ car show facilitator know that we are coming and they can set aside a section for us.

I hope this is helpful.:) Does this sound ok to everyone???

jpetre
08-28-2003, 01:06 PM
Sounds great to me! Thanks for checking!

funk
08-28-2003, 11:58 PM
By the looks of it. Alot of you are coming up Saturday. So I going to try and find somewhere that night so we can all meet up and get together.

gomachin
08-29-2003, 12:09 AM
That sounds great Erin, thanks for calling. If we get there first on Friday we will check with them.

I will PM you for that information you asked for.

Thanks, Kay

jbrad88
08-29-2003, 08:05 PM
Right now, I am planning on coming up, but those plans are subject to change at most any moment. If I do, I will come up early on Saturday. My experience with all the ffw I have attended is that if you are going to be in line saturday morning, be there VERY early. I have been there at 530am and still been the 30-40th car in line...I know opening Fridays helps, but plan on being there early or using a lot of fuel and patience in line...

Billybong
08-31-2003, 03:10 AM
Sounds fun, but prolly will not make it. I'll keep it in mind though.

Jim H.
08-31-2003, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by Tomcat427
I'll Be there Saturday. Can't do the show or race.

Wait a minute.......you're going to a drag strip and not going to race.......hmmm you must be coming down with some kind of virus or something.:D

Tomcat427
08-31-2003, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by Jim H.
Wait a minute.......you're going to a drag strip and not going to race.......hmmm you must be coming down with some kind of virus or something.:D

LOL! A virus called compromise!

Just couldn't make a whole weekend out of FFW.

Sent ya PM!