PDA

View Full Version : On TV, for engineer & computer types

falcongtho3
08-25-2003, 10:19 PM
This has little to do with what is generally discussed here, but since many of the threads show that a large percent of the population here are engineers, computer techs, or in similar related fields I thought you might want to check out "Failure Is Not An Option". It was on last night (Sunday) and will be repeated on Tuesday night on the History Channel (8pm Eastern). This is an awesome piece and a tribute to all the slide rule era engineers that fought the good fight to make it to the moon. As a space enthusiast, I found it totally enthralling even though you know the endings to the various missions and I wanted to share this with everyone here...if you're interested.:THUMBSUP: (Is it starting to seem like I have too many interests):)

fastgta
08-25-2003, 10:33 PM
Space travel just blows me away. Way over my head, literally. :D I guess its like hitting a moving target, light years away. I'll have to check that out. :COOL:

falcongtho3
08-25-2003, 10:38 PM
Good point, and they cover that exact thing while they're trying to 'wing' it...not with real wings...they don't work in space:D
Very Rah,Rah...Go USA! show...you'll enjoy it!:THUMBSUP:

Donathan
08-26-2003, 10:34 AM
I was apart of the Space Station build back in the mid 90's. I worked for the Boeing Company in Huntsville, AL. I got to meet some of the guys on that show. You talk about having the right stuff!:worship: I have always been obsessed with space travel and these guys just reaffirmed my belief that America is the greatest country ever in the history of the world!:soapbox:

falcongtho3
08-26-2003, 10:46 PM
Cool biz! And my hats' off to you. I spent 3 days at the U.S. Space Academy in Huntsville(the birthplace of US rocketry, and home to Project Paperclip)...the best three days of my life. What a blast (off)! An awesome program for adults as well as kids. Anyone who has even a passing intrest in the space program should check it out. I'm also watching the show again, even as I type...this is soooo cool!