PDA

View Full Version : Found Cobra Part on my Mach!

moodym
08-25-2003, 11:26 AM
Good Morning,

I put a PHP Air Box on my car this weekend. While I had the air box totally out of the car, I saw an assembly down by the radiator that has "COBRA" written on it. I have heard of other Machs produced with Cobra parts, guess I can join that club now.

Not exactly sure what the part/assembly was. I was busy with the Air Box installation so I did not pay major attention to it. However, the "COBRA" written on it did catch my attention.

I wonder if we all have this "COBRA" part. I would never have noticed it if I did not have the air box out of the car. You cannot see down there if either air box is installed.

Anyway, I just found this interesting. Thanks.

V/R, moodym:THUMBSUP:

POLSMACH03
08-25-2003, 01:11 PM
I too had an interesting one yesterday. Finally got around to putting my stainless mustang door sill plates on and when I took of the top molding piece it was stamped yellow convertable.

I'm sure these are all identical except for interior color match.

1 BULLITT
08-25-2003, 01:16 PM
Take the IRS off an '01 Cobra, add a solid axle, shaker, 3.55 gears, a nicer interior, and you have the Mach 1.

Mach1driver
08-25-2003, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by 1 BULLITT
Take the IRS off an '01 Cobra, add a solid axle, shaker, 3.55 gears, a nicer interior, and you have the Mach 1.

Gonna have to do alot more part swapping then that.

04Retro
08-25-2003, 02:50 PM
Don't forget -the 03/04 Mach 1 does not have an 01 Cobra motor--while both are 4.6 ltr with 32 vls but there are a lot of changes 'within' with the Mach version--more torque at much lower RPMS etc.......

bullitt3980
08-25-2003, 11:09 PM
I think what you are refering to is the ABS system. My Bullitt has the same thing-logical because our brakes and traction control are lifted from the Cobra

codymach
08-26-2003, 12:06 AM
I found the build sheet of my Bullitt tucked way under the rear bumper....the VIN didn't even come close to the VIN of the car.....guess lots of things are done of the assembly line.`

okc-AZURE
08-26-2003, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by 03RCode
Don't forget -the 03/04 Mach 1 does not have an 01 Cobra motor--while both are 4.6 ltr with 32 vls but there are a lot of changes 'within' with the Mach version--more torque at much lower RPMS etc....... I can vouch for the "MORE TORQUE"!!! Not that the Cobra wasn't a great car (It was) but it's not a MACH!!!!

69mach03
08-26-2003, 01:35 AM
I think the man was being general on his 99/01 Cobra comparison. Give him a break and don't work to put a comment to shame. :rolleyes:

jbrad88
08-26-2003, 08:31 AM
Just remember everyone, that in order to bring a car like the Mach and Bullitt to production means parts sharing...As unique as we would all like to think these cars are, we are sharing parts with the bullitt, the cobra, and dare I say the lowly v-6 cars...(pony emblem on the fender)...

We have enough differences to make me happy...

Now go drive it....

falcongtho3
08-26-2003, 08:40 AM
One thing that I found on my car that was Cobra was the plastic seat covers the car was delivered with. The dealer was kind enought not to remove them at my request, and on the front seat covers was the word 'Cobra' as well as various tags with production dated and bar codes...