PDA

View Full Version : Whats it worth?????????????

kmultiy
03-29-2007, 02:31 AM
I have a soon to be mint 03 mach 1 with 9000 miles. The problem is it has a salvage title. It does and will have a lot of extras like the rear end, wheel, and exhaust. i was just wondering what you folks think its worth in case i decide to sell it

TheOneThatLasts
03-29-2007, 04:38 AM
Trade in: good luck
Private sale: 17k sounds fair. No?

Anyway what was the salvage for? Water damage salvage is veeeery different than a collision. Also, if it was a collision that wasn't that detrimental to the cars integrity, I have heard of people keeping the accident report with the car to prove it wasn't affecting lets say the frame.

rrhudy1
03-29-2007, 08:11 AM
It all depends on the buyer. If someone is wanting an all original to put up, they wouldn't touch it. However, someone looking to mod one, or race it, or just for the fun of having it would still be willing to deal. Like they said above, it also depends on what the damage was. If it was a heavy collision, it will hurt the price os a car. And trading it in at a dealership is probably off the table. you would have to find an individual. Myself Iwould love to find a wrecked one to mod. I have an '04 screaming yellow, but it is bone stock and will stay that way. But if I could run across a good deal on a salvaged mach, i could mod it out and not feel guilty about doing it.:smokin:

2k4mk1
03-29-2007, 10:17 AM
If its the one in his avatar Id say salvaged from an accident.
And no matter how well its repaired it will never be "mint" its still a rebuilt/salvage vechile.

kmultiy
03-29-2007, 12:17 PM
Yeah it got side swiped. It needed a door, quarter,air bags and rear end. And it will be mint I should have it done here in a month so i'll put some before and after pics up.It really wasn't that bad of a hit, after talking to the original owner. Just all the pieces are exspensive from ford. Like the quarter glass is around 1200.00 But i get everything below cost since i work at a body shop. But i took the whole car apart, glass,doors,everything. This way you don't get any tape lines witch i think ruines a paint job. I reprimered the entire car, to block it out a few time to make sure it is as straight as can be. I'm just trying to figure out witch yellow to paint it if you guys saw my other thread. And its def getting a cobra front bumper. Just not sure witch year yet

rdewalt
03-29-2007, 01:25 PM
I had this discussion with a couple of guys a while back. When I first started looking for Mach’s last year I looked into a couple of salvage ones. I talked to the whole sale manager at my buddy’s stealer ship and he told me to start negotiating at ½ of wholesale value; then depending on the restoration, and rarity of the vehicle move up to a price you’re comfortable with. Check the 4 sale thread, there are guys on this board who have Mach’s in great condition and can’t give them away.

If you decide to sell, you are going to have a very limited number of potential buyers so decide on a rock bottom price and give yourself a little wiggle room and sell it fast. A guy looking to purchase a salvaged car wants a perfectly restored car for junk yard prices. IMO

kmultiy
03-29-2007, 02:39 PM
Do you guys think 14800 is to much? With what i'll have done to it. And the body will be mint.

beerformeplz
03-29-2007, 03:01 PM
Might be tough to get almost 15k, this is the best time of the year to try though.

kmultiy
03-29-2007, 03:09 PM
I'm going to hold on to the car for a while unless somebody has cash in my face. I just wanted to get an idea what its worth

TheOneThatLasts
03-29-2007, 04:09 PM
Seeing as how it didn't face plant into a tree, it should still drive good. Good luck with the rubber around door. Had a 2000 cougar in our family and after it's accident, the rubber stuff just never wanted to hold tight anymore. 60mph sounded like you were strapped to the nose of a jet.