PDA

View Full Version : Twilight Zone in Sugar Land TX

Bushido
08-23-2003, 09:35 PM
Weirdest day of all.............I have had my DSG Mach 1 since February and I have NEVER seen another Mach 1, except in magazines......

Today, I cruise to Sugar Land (35 miles from home), which is an every weekend trip and nothing out of the ordinary. While at a stop light at Austin Pkwy and HWY 6, a Torch Red passes right in front of me......I was excited to finally see one but was disappointed because the young male driver didn't notice mine. I was prepared to give the old "Mach 1 wave"..........oh well, he was probably embarrassed because he needed to wash his car....LOL.

Two minutes later, I'm northbound on HWY 6 and I meet a White Mach head on.........I'm thinking this is weird, but super cool. I'm headed to the movies at AMC by First Colony and as soon as I pull into the parking lot, I spot it parked all alone about as far as you can get from the front door of the theater. It was another Torch Red Mach. I'm really thinking I'm in the Twilight Zone now.......I naturally pulled in a few spaces from the Torch Red and parked my DSG. I thought that this red Mach was super clean. As I'm "hiking" towards the entrance to the Theater, I looked back to see them together, way out away from all the other cars and it was an awesome sight. I wondered what the Red owner was going think when they came out and saw.

Just had to share my Twilight Zone episode with everyone. I had never seen another Mach, but seeing three in less than 10 minutes blew me away.

iMach
08-23-2003, 09:56 PM
Maybe you'll see me or my dad in Sugar Land one day. He lives close to SL and even though I'm living in Georgia right now, I visit a few times a year. He drives an Azure Blue . . . I'm in yet another TR you've seen in town. :CHEERS:

jbrad88
08-24-2003, 12:31 AM
Funny. I burned a half tank of gas out running around today, and i did not see a single other mach...How silly is that? You saw 3 on the way to the movies...

just my luck..

Bushido
08-24-2003, 12:52 AM
Actually, I thought that it may be you. I remembered that you had a TR and were from this area. Crazy, huh?

jbrad88
08-24-2003, 01:04 AM
Look for the booster seat in the back, and my daughter riding around with a big grin on her face...

Actually today I had to go out towards Katy, and run errands that way.

Next time you know you are going to be in or around sugarland on a saturday, let me know...I have been trying to get a saturday lunch cruise in together whenever we can...

Bushido
08-24-2003, 01:12 AM
Sounds good. Mine also sports a car seat in the back for my 3-year old. She always wants to go in "Daddy's Mustang" and not Mommy's car........I must say she already has my good taste in cars!!

jbrad88
08-24-2003, 01:17 AM
Mine calls herself "Daddy's car girl." Drives my wife nuts...