PDA

View Full Version : Automatic Mods

GoMach1
08-22-2003, 09:40 AM
Hi!...I have a Black Mach with the Automatic. SOME of you guys beat up this car with the auto, drive one before you cut it down. The auto is awesome!!I've drove a 5 speed...it's great also!I just don't like to shift every other minute. Anyway, I would like to have the shift points to shift a little harder..(just for the street)..any recommendations? Thanks!!
GoMach1

grlshy
08-22-2003, 04:22 PM
Take it to your service guys and tell them that you would like them to raise the shift pressure to preserve your clutches a little more, or a valvebody (see cmylxgo), or a chip.

thetopcat1
08-23-2003, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by GoMach1
Hi!...I have a Black Mach with the Automatic. SOME of you guys beat up this car with the auto, drive one before you cut it down. The auto is awesome!!I've drove a 5 speed...it's great also!I just don't like to shift every other minute. Anyway, I would like to have the shift points to shift a little harder..(just for the street)..any recommendations? Thanks!!
GoMach1

I have an auto and I use a Superchips Tuner for adjusting shift points and pressures, works great...

:CHEERS:

machless
10-06-2003, 04:07 PM
Hey anybody put in a B&M Shiftplus?

codymach
10-06-2003, 06:02 PM
Gomach1....I have a 5 speed and I am planning on racing 1/4 mile next year. I wish I had an automatic for racing....you never miss a shift! Good luck!

MikeMach1
10-06-2003, 08:22 PM
...SOME of you guys beat up this car with the auto, drive one before you cut it down...

Actually this is one of few places I ever seen where the owners are the most helpful and mature. I don't remember ever seeing anyone here bashing an automatic Mach 1. I am planning on getting an automatic late next month. There is nothing wrong with an automatic.

As for a the B&M Shiftplus, isn't that the aftermarket shiftable automatic? Now that is something I wish was available with the automatic, a auto-manual shift gate. Something that would let the drive shift when he felt like it and automatic the other times.

17mach1driver
10-06-2003, 11:35 PM
I am 17 and my dad just got a Mach 1 in Dark shadow grey. i havent rode in a 5 speed mach but i would like to and he got a auto, i would have to agree with that the auto is very nice, even at half throtle(and less) it chirps the tires in every gear, the only other auto i have seen do that is my uncles 69 camaro that is quicker than a viper, i wanted to just say that the auto is amazing!!!!!!!, thanks

machless
10-08-2003, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by MikeMach1
Actually this is one of few places I ever seen where the owners are the most helpful and mature. I don't remember ever seeing anyone here bashing an automatic Mach 1. I am planning on getting an automatic late next month. There is nothing wrong with an automatic.

As for a the B&M Shiftplus, isn't that the aftermarket shiftable automatic? Now that is something I wish was available with the automatic, a auto-manual shift gate. Something that would let the drive shift when he felt like it and automatic the other times.

Re B&M Shiftplus: No it is a switch that you mount on your console
that electronically firms up your shifts, there are
3 modes: stock, firm and extra firm.

'70 Vert
10-08-2003, 05:33 PM
SOME of you guys beat up this car with the auto,

Not really. Some of us just prefer a stick.
You can run more consistant 1/4 mile times with an auto, for sure.

A few decades ago, I had a '70 mach 1 with an FMX auto. That tranny shifted super tight, and I don't think a stick shift car could come off of the line like that automatic did.
A stick might just be a tad better for showing off, chirping gears and laying rubber, though.:D