PDA

View Full Version : Chip program question?

maddad52
08-20-2003, 12:31 PM
Dose anyone know what changes were made with the new
chip program that they put in their car? like timing,air/fuel etc..
i'm wondering what changes are different from stock program?

thanks, maddad :confused:

08-21-2003, 05:54 PM
Well the Diablo chip will
Advance/Retard your timing
Lean/Rich your a/f ratio
Cut off the t/c
Gear swap speedo cal
Security
Firm up shift point's w-auto
Move the stock red line lo/hi
You will all so get more mile's per gallon And more.

This should be a first mod this way you can have the car tuned as you go.Your car need's to be tuned with header's-o/r x or h pipe-Cold air intake-And so on.
:cool:

grlshy
08-23-2003, 03:57 AM
I've heard a lot of problems with a custom tune from
Diablo. Someone told me that if I want my car to knock and ping I should just put 87 octane in instead of the tune from Diablo.

08-29-2003, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by grlshy
I've heard a lot of problems with a custom tune from
Diablo. Someone told me that if I want my car to knock and ping I should just put 87 octane in instead of the tune from Diablo. Yeah if the tune is bad but get a good one and hold on! I had a few problem's with mine but i got them worked out.:THUMBSUP:

codymach
08-29-2003, 07:23 PM
DO I actually "NEED" a chip with mods? I have the Bassani headers, X pipe, cat back and water pump going on. Do I have to have a chip after these installs or will it just be an added bonus? The only problem if I need one is NO ONE that I know of in Wyoming has the shop to do this....I am kinda up the crick without a paddle here!

08-30-2003, 11:07 AM
No cody you don't need one but it would help.Call paul's hipro and see if he can tune a chip for you and mail it to you.Im sure he can or pm brian or JTCOBRA.