PDA

View Full Version : Tell me this is a joke!

Mach1driver
08-19-2003, 06:30 PM
While checking out the posts on a local Ford website earlier today I came across this link http://www.yellowmustangregistry.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=22595

Please tell me this is some one's idea of a sick joke or a photo shop experiment gone bad.

realshelby
08-19-2003, 06:35 PM
I believe that "mach 1" is one of the race cars put together by Scott Hoag. That probably means the wing is functional, even though it looks ricey in the natural finish.

FL Mach 1
08-19-2003, 07:42 PM
I think realshelby is right.

I believe that is the "Mach 1 Racer" from MRT (Mustang Racing Technologies) and is one of Scot Hoag's creations. They have some stuff on it over on Stangnet.

03mach1
08-19-2003, 08:50 PM
I have the link right on the front page of this website of these new MACH 1 Racers...

http://www.mach1registry.com/index1.htm

Midnight-Mach
08-20-2003, 02:26 AM
That is one of the stupidist things I have ever seen. You can't put a wing like that on a Mach 1 functional or not. Not just being anti rice, but its the principal of puting crap like that on a classic reborn with a lot of style.

TRMach1
08-20-2003, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Midnight-Mach
That is one of the stupidist things I have ever seen. You can't put a wing like that on a Mach 1 functional or not. Not just being anti rice, but its the principal of puting crap like that on a classic reborn with a lot of style.

Lighten up a little dude! Those "Mach 1 Racers" aren't real production Mach 1's, but start out as a "body in white", basically a Mustang shell, and then the guys at MRT transform them into "quasi-Mach 1's" Since they are built soley for the purpose of racing and testing high performance mods for our "real Mach 1's", some compromises have to be made in order to make them competitive on the circuit. Everyone knows that the stock wing on a Mustang is useless, and in order to actually get any benefit it has to resemble the Cobra R wing.

02mach1
08-20-2003, 11:51 AM
There's more over on www.stangnet.com . But it is ulgy:??:

2003_shaker
08-20-2003, 04:11 PM
5.0 is running a series of articles on building a Mach 1 Racer starting with a body-in-white. Pretty cool stuff. Too bad you can't build a street car starting that way. . .