PDA

View Full Version : My first ticket in the Mach

gomachin
08-18-2003, 06:22 PM
Sorry guys nothing exciting like racing or anything. Just being an idiot and running a red light. Ya know the kind that are yellow until you get completly under them and then they change red. Yeah, those kind. Well just my luck a city cop was sitting right there. He did tell me to slow down, and I didn't argue but I wasn't even speeding. Ah well such is life. :(

03AV8R
08-18-2003, 09:48 PM
Ahh, Texas, was it Sherriff Bueford T. Justice by chance? :ANGEL:

gomachin
08-18-2003, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by 03AV8R

Now that you say that, he did act and look like him!! His uniform had trouble staying buttoned. hehe No nonsense about him at all. All business. He must be bucking for Chief of POlice.

LTZ MACH
08-18-2003, 10:26 PM
I am with you. I got my first ticket in the Mach yesterday also. Check the poll about speeding tickets for the story.

LT

2003 DSG Mach 1
08-18-2003, 10:39 PM
Every single police officer I pass while driving is watching me like a hawk. While I drive legally past them.:D

03AV8R
08-18-2003, 11:38 PM
I honestly believe the police are told not to "check-out" flashy cars around here.. Pretend you dont even see em or something? we are right next to New England Dragway so all my PD's are well "broke-in" i think.. I swear they dont even give me a second look.. like im just drivin an Old Caddy around with graying hair or something? I do know however if you are doing something wrong their lookin right atcha! :eek:

Starsky
08-19-2003, 02:36 AM
In Texas, if the front bumper breaks the line of the intersection BEFORE the light turns to red, its not illegal. If you were really under it when it turned red, take it to court. However studies have been done that show its a natural instinct for someone approaching an intersection with a yellow light, to stop looking at the light before they enter it. I think it has to do with self justification that if the last time I saw the light it was yellow, then I really didn't run the light if it changed before I got there..

I have found myself doing it on occasion after I read that.

So many people here in Austin completly blow the light seconds after its red, that its not necessary to write those close ones up.

Jim H.
08-19-2003, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by 03AV8R

I think Buford retired so it was probably his illegitimate son Bubba!

Starsky,
It's not only Austin with the red light problem. Here in the Metroplex you don't want to be first at a red light waiting for green.
When I moved back here 4 years ago after being on the west coast for 10 years my first question was "are turn signals an option when you buy a new car here?"
Most courteous drivers.........Washington State.......unless you happen to have California tags on your car at the time.

Shaker Dan
08-19-2003, 10:52 AM
Tough deal on the ticket. Not much you can do on the red light thing. It becomes his word against your's. Better luck next time.

Knock on wood the only glances I get from the cops around here seem to be looking at the car for the car and not what it is doing. We will see when the new exhaust gets on if that is still the same.

gomachin
08-19-2003, 01:16 PM
I think Buford retired so it was probably his illegitimate son Bubba!

As he's pulling me over...on his radio---Daddy, I've got her. Should I give her a ticket, Daddy, huh Daddy, should I? Should I?

'70 Vert
08-19-2003, 03:02 PM
LOL, funny line from "Smokey and the Bandit"

Son:- "Daddy, the roof (of the car) came off"

Sheriff B.T. Justice:- "Noooooo *****"

Gotta love Jacky Gleason!

:D