PDA

View Full Version : Imagination?

blueMach
08-17-2003, 11:21 PM
Hi all,

Had my Mach since May and finally got 500 miles on it today. Ran up to the corner market for some last minute stuff to go with dinner tonight and on the way back I nailed it in 1st coming out of stop sign running it up to a little over 4500 on the tach and it felt like it broke traction. Is this my imagination? I didn't pop the clutch and I wasn't at a dead stop when I put the hammer to it. Just curious if anyone has any thoughts.

jpetre
08-18-2003, 12:05 AM
I have had the same thing! Above 4000 my car will break the tires loose.

MattN03
08-18-2003, 12:20 AM
I picked up my car Friday & it had 300 miles on it because they drove it to my local dealer. By the time I parked it tonight, it had 950 miles on her!! It got driven from Memphis to western KY to show it off to family & friends Saturday. My girlfriend & I spent around 10 to 11 hours driving the car without any problems. I've just started getting it up to 4000 RPM, and it's great! I've not broke traction at all, but it'll plant your butt in the seat hard! Scared my girlfriend a little at first, but she's liking it. ;) I can't wait to finish breaking it in & going to the track. :MADNOEL: