PDA

View Full Version : Get some gas Kurt !!

Sodbuster
08-17-2003, 07:49 PM
With 50 laps to go, Kurt Busch took the lead in today's GFS Marketplace 400 at the Michigan Intl. Speedway :THUMBSUP: With 3 laps to go , he ran out of gas.:SMASH: Come on guys , thats 6 miles. Hey Mr. Crew Cheif, do the math. You must know how many laps you can get on a tankful. Ryan Newman did. Maybe Rubbermaid is tight with the gas money. Maybe they get their gas around here where its trying to get to $2.00 a gallon again....when you can find it :mad: Oh well.
Congratulations to Greg Biffle for his 4th place finish and to Matt Kenseth for his 9th place finish, besides Newman didn't win that race....I DID.

codymach
08-17-2003, 09:05 PM
Yea...I watched it...I wonder what the driver said when he pushed his car back to the pit....any job openings there you think?

graniteguy
08-17-2003, 09:37 PM
He made the right move by taking the chance. He still finished 18th. Jarret came in to top off and came in 23 or 34 from 2nd place. So it was a worthwhile risk (imo).

White2003Mach1
08-17-2003, 10:17 PM
the roush teams have a bad habit of coming up short like that........have seen martin and burton leading many times only to have to pit with 1~2 laps left(or run out of fuel):SMASH:

grlshy
08-17-2003, 11:31 PM
Hey sod maybe they have the same problems as us Arizonians with the gas shortage!:D

Sodbuster
08-18-2003, 01:00 AM
Hey Eric, I have 1/4 of a tank to get me until who knows when. There are long lines at pumps all over and some stations are completely closed. Do you know WTF is going on ? I didn't buy this car just to look at it.
Glad to see that you're back on the road. Did you have to pay for the repair ???

Hey codymach I agree. I'll bet there was some serious a$$ chewing going on in those pits after that one. Three laps seems like a lot to misjudge it by.

djh0102
08-18-2003, 02:51 AM
I am a Penske fan (#2- Rusty Wallace, #12-Ryan Newman) so I had mixed emotions about this race. I wasn't upset to see Rusty tangle with the 8 cuz Junior got the worst of it. But then, just like the other Mich. race, a Penske car goes up in flames. It was the 2 this time in case you didn't see. But the 12 won so Penske came out on top. Next up, the night race at Bristol. In case you don't remeber what happen last year here a recap. Five laps to go, the 24 beat and bangs the 2, but the 2 stays out front. Three laps to go, the 24 rams the 2, nealry ripping the whole rear of the 2 off, and takes the lead. Rusty tries to return the favor to Gordon but just doesn't have the tires. Grodon wins, Rusty second and the the replay becomes a nascar classic and get played millions of times for the next year. This saturday, ITS PAY BACK TIME!!!! Don't miss it. It is also the place where the Spencer vs. Busch saga began which actually got physcal today.
Heres the link: http://espn.go.com/rpm/wc/2003/0817/1597991.html

djh0102
08-18-2003, 02:58 AM
Originally posted by White2003Mach1
the roush teams have a bad habit of coming up short like that........have seen martin and burton leading many times only to have to pit with 1~2 laps left(or run out of fuel):SMASH:

Remeber the Night race at Daytona? Kenseth would've won but had to top off giveing the win to Biffle. The win stayed in the Roush stable but still.

hotrodnut
08-18-2003, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by djh0102
It is also the place where the Spencer vs. Busch saga began which actually got physcal today.
Heres the link: http://espn.go.com/rpm/wc/2003/0817/1597991.html

For some reason I find that funny, not the part of Busch getting hurt but Jimmy's action vs his previous remarks.
All they would have had to do is show Spencer a burger and fries and he would have been ok :LAUGH: :LAUGH: . Heck, it'd been near 4 hours since he'd had any groceries :eek: , he was having hunger pains!

Mustang Matt
08-18-2003, 12:38 PM
I'm a huge Newman fan :D and I still can't believe his luck lately. But 5 wins in a single season is just soooo sweet.

But wtf was Busch's team thinking????? It would have been 65 laps since his last pit if he were to finish the race!!!! For those wondering the normal pit window was around 50 laps.

Whatever, he hasn't been himself lately, particularly how he caused that 2 car wreck early in the race. Too bad Newman/Wallace left Ford racing because Ford needs some help...

POLSMACH03
08-18-2003, 01:15 PM
Spencer's a moron. I wish he would quit. Hitting a guy while he's still strapped in. I would love to see him get his *** kicked.

02mach1
08-18-2003, 02:04 PM
Wait until this weekend at Bristol is going fun to watch Kurt put cry baby Jimmy in the wall:cool: ;)

djh0102
08-18-2003, 03:15 PM
This is a pretty good timeline of the Busch-Spencer saga.
http://www.nascar.com/2003/news/headlines/wc/08/18/spencer_busch/index.html

djh0102
08-18-2003, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by 02mach1
Wait until this weekend at Bristol is going fun to watch Kurt put cry baby Jimmy in the wall:cool: ;)

Well, it looks like that won"t happen, Spencer has been suspended for Bristol week.

graniteguy
08-18-2003, 11:09 PM
Do ya'll remeber about a year ago someone related to Spencer (Dad or Brother?) stole an entire 18 wheeler load of new nascar tires. The family has got some serious issues.

hotrodnut
08-19-2003, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by djh0102
Well, it looks like that won"t happen, Spencer has been suspended for Bristol week.

I guess it'll be 2 weeks berfore Kurt can retaliate! :mad: I don't think this is good for the fans, punish Spencer another way, like picking up trash in the pits for the next 4 races. :LAUGH: :LAUGH:

Plyprowler
08-19-2003, 08:32 PM
sodbuster... love the nascar game... I have my ride painted like my mach...

The best part of the Spencer incident was when Robby Gordon offered to pay Spencer's fine saying the 97 had it coming for awhile, I wonder if Spencer will offer since it's 25 g's

And if Spencer appeals his suspension isn't he allowed to race til the appeal is heard?

Go Jimmy! Fellow Pennsylvanian...

Sodbuster
08-20-2003, 12:15 AM
Hi Plyprowler, one thing for sure about Nascar is that its not boring . Not only are the drivers colorful but the cars are bad a**. Can you imagine driving a 750 HP Mach1 ?? I'd give a major body part to take a few laps in that 97 car. Heck, I'd even drive a Chevy if they would let me.
Can you post a screenshot of your Azure Blue game car ?? It sounds cool.

Sodbuster
08-24-2003, 11:20 PM
Well now , what a difference a week makes. After looking like a dope last week for running out of gas with 3 laps to go, Rousch Racing driver Kurt Busch overcame boo's from some of the fans and criticism from some fellow drivers (Kevin Harvick et al.) to win the Sharpie 500 in Bristol Tennessee. Sour grapes for Harvick who Busch outran for the lead and never looked back. I'm a little surprised Sterling Marlin didn't go after Busch in the pits this week after Busch spun him midway through the race. Kurt Busch is getting quite a reputation !
Ford was well represented Saturday by placing 3 drivers in the top 10 with Busch 1st, Matt Kenseth 4th , and Dale Jarrett 7th. Congrats to all.

Jim P
08-25-2003, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by Sodbuster
Well now , what a difference a week makes. After looking like a dope last week for running out of gas with 3 laps to go, Rousch Racing driver Kurt Busch overcame boo's from some of the fans and criticism from some fellow drivers (Kevin Harvick et al.) to win the Sharpie 500 in Bristol Tennessee. Sour grapes for Harvick who Busch outran for the lead and never looked back. I'm a little surprised Sterling Marlin didn't go after Busch in the pits this week after Busch spun him midway through the race. Kurt Busch is getting quite a reputation !
Ford was well represented Saturday by placing 3 drivers in the top 10 with Busch 1st, Matt Kenseth 4th , and Dale Jarrett 7th. Congrats to all.

Kurt did well considering all the fine support the crowd gave him. My man Mark Martin would have had but d@mn rookies:??:

falcongtho3
08-25-2003, 12:13 AM
Poor Mark really shot himself in the foot with that goofy catch can incident that put him back into the pits and then in the wrong place at the wrong time. Kurt showed a lot of presence, even appologizing for the incident with Sterling while giving his victory interview. I really thought it was poor sportsmanship of those in the stands to boo him, even while trying to make ammends for what would have been a non-event for any other driver in that demolition derby. What was it? 19 or 20 cautions? Can't blame them all on Kurt...:THUMBSUP:

02mach1
08-25-2003, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by falcongtho3
Poor Mark really shot himself in the foot with that goofy catch can incident that put him back into the pits and then in the wrong place at the wrong time. Kurt showed a lot of presence, even appologizing for the incident with Sterling while giving his victory interview. I really thought it was poor sportsmanship of those in the stands to boo him, even while trying to make ammends for what would have been a non-event for any other driver in that demolition derby. What was it? 19 or 20 cautions? Can't blame them all on Kurt...:THUMBSUP:

Your right you can't blame Kurt , for yellow cautions but half drunkin fans should look at them shelfs how they act in the stands and throwing a beach ball on the back part of track could cause accident that who should got boo. my .02 cents.

Jim P
08-25-2003, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by falcongtho3

that wasnt the only time Mark's crue dropped the ball. Did it early on but my man Mark came back to front then..........man I want to cry

djh0102
08-25-2003, 02:43 AM
Originally posted by Jim P
..........man I want to cry

You wanna cry? How do you think I feel? I am a Rusty Wallace fan. Bristol was his special race. Known as the "Bristol King", he kicked off Nascar's Tribute to past champions with a special paint scheme and a special parade lap with another late champion's car. I was mad when they didn't show it on t.v. but thought I'd see the car all night. Nope, Waltrip took out Rusty early on.

djh0102
08-25-2003, 02:45 AM
...gotta fight back the tears.....

03mach69mach
08-25-2003, 10:12 AM
My tickets are in turn 3 and had great view of the crash with Rusty. I am a FORD guy through and through, so I felt that it was very fitting for Rusty to have the troubles at Bristol. Thats what he gets for changing to a Dodge. 20 cautions tied the Nascar record and put me home after midnight. If you are a Nascar fan, you should put on your 'to-do' list the Bristol night race. Also, the boo's weren't as bad as they made it out. Plus, if you are getting boo'ed then you must be winning. Nobody ever boo'ed Lake Speed. Well, we do boo Robby Gordon.

Sodbuster
08-25-2003, 11:06 AM
Hey 02mach69mach, 20 caution flags is too many, but on a short track with so few passing opportunities I guess its going to happen. BTW, It looked like a party was going on in the stands. Was that you with the #6 painted on your bare chest ?
I dont know about your track at Bristol, but here at PIR its very hard to get in and out of the place. Even the day races you get home at midnight.

03mach69mach
08-25-2003, 04:50 PM
I think that the guy with the 6 on his stomach was sitting just in front of me! I was the guy with the scanner headphones and the racing hat, no mullet! Traffic at Bristol can be bad, depending on where you park and which direction you have to go after the race. Luckily, by living in this area, you learn what roads to drive on and which ones to avoid.

Mark is my guy, but any of the Roush drivers are okay with me. Heck, anybody in a FORD wins and I am happy.

Sodbuster
08-25-2003, 08:34 PM
Whew Mark, I'm glad to hear that that was not you ! Now personally I have nothing against mullets however, sometimes they go over the top in the name of high fashion. Dont you think ??

03mach69mach
08-25-2003, 08:47 PM
Hey, thats the dude that was in front of me. 3 more behind me with the "8" on there chest. That was definately the hair style of choice for the Junior fans!