PDA

View Full Version : Spiralmax???

kdo2milger
08-17-2003, 03:11 PM
Anyone tried these things on there Mach's?
SpiralMax (http://www.spiralmax.com)

WOW bolt on mini-superchargers:D

Another fascinating product to look into:)
Magnetic Fuel Saver (http://www.a1-fdp-magnetics.com/magnetic_fuel_master.htm)

Totoland Mach
08-18-2003, 07:21 AM
yea...gonna bolt that on right after I install the magnetic fuel line "molecule straightner"....should pick up 80 haws powa according to the brochures...

kdo2milger
08-18-2003, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Richard Seward
yea...gonna bolt that on right after I install the magnetic fuel line "molecule straightner"....should pick up 80 haws powa according to the brochures...
Interesting concept, Theory explained in link provided.
Magnetic Fuel Saver (http://www.fut.es/~sje/mag_fuel.htm)

The Mach Says
08-18-2003, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by kdo2milger
Interesting concept, Theory explained in link provided.
Magnetic Fuel Saver (http://www.fut.es/~sje/mag_fuel.htm)

Any product that anyone tries to sell me in a website where the grammar level is similar to a 10-year old's, is JUNK to me. Did anyone bother reading that crap.............It's horrible...........Get a phucking spell-checker, would you please.

Just another ridiculous product that these companies try to pawn off on the ignorant.

JC

kdo2milger
08-18-2003, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by The Mach Says
Any product that anyone tries to sell me in a website where the grammar level is similar to a 10-year old's, is JUNK to me. Did anyone bother reading that crap.............It's horrible...........Get a phucking spell-checker, would you please.

Just another ridiculous product that these companies try to pawn off on the ignorant.

JC

It was translated very poorly, just look at the gentlemans name at the bottom of the page. Don't be so quick to jump to unwarranted conclusions, not everyone in this world SPEAKS perfect english;)

The Mach Says
08-18-2003, 04:43 PM
It was translated very poorly, just look at the gentlemans name at the bottom of the page. Don't be so quick to jump to unwarranted conclusions, not everyone in this world SPEAKS perfect english;)

You are absolutely right................Not everyone SPEAKS perfect English...........nor does everyone WRITE perfect English. But, if you are in the process of presenting your item, and selling it, at the very least have it checked for PERFECT grammar................There is no excuse for that, especially when trying to conduct business. As far as I know, this WAS NOT a university term paper.

At any rate, all that being said, the point is, this product goes into MY "trash box" for worthless products. Don't get me wrong, the engineering and thought put into the product deserves a major :THUMBSUP: . However its usefulness and effectiveness deserve a :SMASH: .

JC

Jim H.
08-19-2003, 09:26 AM
SpiralMax:

Any product that sounds like a BAD big hair rock group from the 80's is not going in my car.

Magnetic Fuel Saver:

Whew! If you can't dazzle them with brilliance baffle them with bullsh@t!

Blown86GT
08-19-2003, 12:59 PM
Anyone tried these things on there Mach's?
SpiralMax (http://www.spiralmax.com)

WOW bolt on mini-superchargers:D

Another fascinating product to look into:)
Magnetic Fuel Saver (http://www.a1-fdp-magnetics.com/magnetic_fuel_master.htm)

Please for all us fellow Mach owners...tell me you were not seriously considering purchasing these "snake oils" for you Mach. If so, please turn in your keys to a local Ford dealer and let a real car enthusiast purchase your Mach....

Paul

kdo2milger
08-19-2003, 02:08 PM
2 simple and great ideas IMHO, and both achieve different results that interest me.
Spiralmax creates a tornado like effect wind tunnel to channel large volumns of air into the intake. more air=more power.
The Magnetic Fuel Savers magnetic field penetrates the fuel line, causing clusters of hydrocarbon molecules to separate. The fuel burns more completely and cleanly, and built-up engine deposits of carbon and varnish are eliminated so the engine can run more smoothly. You will also save on average around 11% of fuel.
call me crazy call me what you will, but I call it like I see it and they look good to me.
There is nothing wrong with inexpensive mods, wether its a MACH1 or a Honda Civic (from one extreme to the other). I am just opened minded when it comes to technological simple devices like these.

12nv
08-19-2003, 03:20 PM
OK, I believe the spiral dohickey can cause a vortex, but at the cost of restricting air flow. Ya can't spin the dang thing for free. As far as improved vaporization, maybe on a carbed engine, how ya gonna do that with multi-port injection. Any experts to clear this up?

Brian

starscream
08-19-2003, 04:17 PM
2 simple and great ideas IMHO, and both achieve different results that interest me.
Spiralmax creates a tornado like effect wind tunnel to channel large volumns of air into the intake. more air=more power.
The Magnetic Fuel Savers magnetic field penetrates the fuel line, causing clusters of hydrocarbon molecules to separate. The fuel burns more completely and cleanly, and built-up engine deposits of carbon and varnish are eliminated so the engine can run more smoothly. You will also save on average around 11% of fuel.
call me crazy call me what you will, but I call it like I see it and they look good to me.
There is nothing wrong with inexpensive mods, wether its a MACH1 or a Honda Civic (from one extreme to the other). I am just opened minded when it comes to technological simple devices like these.

I'll call you crazy. These things do absolutely nothing, it's just a scam. If you think they do, I've got a case of ***** growth pills to sell you, and I'll throw in some cell phone antenna booster stickers.

kdo2milger
08-19-2003, 04:27 PM
:D :D :D you guys crack me up...LOL...to each there own, and thats all I'm gonna say;)

Blown86GT
08-19-2003, 04:43 PM

You sound strangely like a misinformed salesman...The goofy spiralmax gizmo doesn't channel large volume of air into your intake. It supposedly creates turbulance for increasing the mixture of air to fuel. There is no supercharging effect what so ever. Nothing spins on that crazy thing...read the ad more carefully. Besides how are you going to get more air if there is nothing to draw it in?

Paul

djh0102
08-19-2003, 04:45 PM

Hey man, these products looked good to me too, When I saw them on T.V. at 3:30am via infomericals. But that is why they come on so late. Do you think they could sell those to rationally thinking people? They sure don't... or they wouldn't use infomericals. IMO that spiral max thing, after getting a good nights sleep, is the dumbest thing I almost fell for. And that gas thing well, you need to learn that while something may be logical, it isn't always true. By the way, do you have those knives that can cut through a brick?

12nv
08-19-2003, 05:10 PM
do you have those knives that can cut through a brick?

Ya but they're not near a good as my spray on hair. Easily makes me look 20 years younger. :??:

Couldn't resist :rolleyes:

Brian

Totoland Mach
08-19-2003, 10:46 PM
Hey Starscream...send me some of those pills will ya!!! Doggone Irish heritage put me in the wrong line (musta been in the beer line instead). Don't need the antenna for the cell phone since I lined my baseball cap with foil.

Chini42
08-21-2003, 12:12 AM
they claim up to 35hp for spiralmax.

think about how much 35 more hp will cost for you to get on your Mach. it is alot more than $70. you are only spending $2 per hp, which is fantastic. so why would they not sell it for $200-300 if it actually works this good?

kdo2milger
08-21-2003, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by Chini42
they claim up to 35hp for spiralmax.

think about how much 35 more hp will cost for you to get on your Mach. it is alot more than $70. you are only spending $2 per hp, which is fantastic. so why would they not sell it for $200-300 if it actually works this good?
Ya I know, the jury is still out on the spiralmax. It does almost sound to good to be true, I 'm waiting to see some dyno results...

FstMvr
03-13-2004, 07:43 PM
Doing some catch-up reading and ran across this topic--actually clicked on one of the Mustang Monthly sponsors (Spiralmax) and started reading the testimony...needless to say I was amused. Take a look at some of the HP and torque figures they are putting up--scroll down the page to see more amusing dyno numbers:

http://www.spiralmax.com/spiral1.htm

On a 94 S-10 torque was +45.9 lb/ft and HP was +28.6 HP @ 3000 RPM FOR $70???????

I'd swear they are using NOS...or had the intake track blocked off. Sorry I can't see how a piece of metal clogging up my intake track is going to produce those kind of HP and Torque numbers... :mrt:

04BlackMach
03-13-2004, 10:00 PM
What a JOKE! :D

Bincky
03-14-2004, 06:39 PM

I respect anyone's willingness to be open-minded...there are too few closed-minded people in the world already.

As far as creating a "tornado like effect wind tunnel"...it's conceivable.

Unfortunately, it would be a very short-lived benefit because it would be completely dispersed when the airflow hits the throttle-body opening / throttle plate / etc.

McQ Stang
03-14-2004, 11:26 PM
I tested the tornado (same concept as the spiralmax) on my bullitt a couple years ago. Here are the results that I posted.

tornado/spiralmax (http://www.imboc.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?topic=1402&forum=2)

Cheers! :CHEERS:

Randy

erikf
03-15-2004, 12:20 AM
McQ...that is F'n funny.:CHEERS: Although I think your times are a little slow:D

Chini42
03-15-2004, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by erikf
McQ...that is F'n funny.:CHEERS: Although I think your times are a little slow:D

those times are incredibly slow. the problem usually lies in the tubing. most people do not have the correct diameter, i use 1 1/2", with a ball valve at the end to control (and regulate for girls), but thats just me.

chris

kdo2milger
03-16-2004, 01:14 AM
WOW:SMASH: I had hoped that this post was well forgotten about by now.

It's like part of your past that you don't ever want to surface again...:p

After reading into it and everything else since last year, I have pulled my head out of my third Point of Contact and realized that it just ain't gonna cut-it.

I have shortened my mods to do list also, I will wait out the three year warranty, and save up for the Mods to do Fund, then I will start my quest for a 350-375 rwhp n/a motor.

P.S. McQ Stang, that was funny as he||, made my day today...:THUMBSUP: