PDA

View Full Version : Dry cell batteries

Phil
08-17-2003, 09:31 AM
www.performancedistributors.com/batteries.htm

codymach
08-17-2003, 01:22 PM
Sounds interesting except for the "Not Ranked" for cold cranking amps../...37 below zero at times I will need one that can turn 'er over......not that I am planning on driving her then but in an emergency!

Phil
08-17-2003, 03:31 PM
You would only want to use these battery when you go to the track.

codymach
08-17-2003, 05:37 PM
oh. Ummmmm........ I knew that already I was just testing you to see if you knew it! :p

Phil
08-17-2003, 06:06 PM
Thats funny!

Joe
08-18-2003, 04:26 PM
Just a comment for you guys, Steeda comments on their website, that moving the battery to the trunk is like a 60lbs transfer to the rear tire. Makes more sense to me to move the battery to the trunk and then when the battery goes bad, then get a Dyna Batt if you want/can.

Joe

:COOL:

Fill
08-19-2003, 07:50 AM
Yes, I have thought about it! I've done that with other cars in my past. I was thinking about the Steeda relocation kit for the Mach. It would help transfer the weight to the rear when launching.

But, I'm starting to lean towards Steedas new N20 kit (fuel rail injectors) for next year and would mount the tank in trunk where I would mount the battery. The tank with brackets weights about as much as the factory battery. And maybe still mount the battery in trunk. I don't know, I just don't like the thought of drilling holes in the trunk bed.

Phil

jbrad88
08-19-2003, 08:35 AM
remember everyone, that if you transfer a battery to the back, and you plan on racing at an NHRA facility, that you MUST have a battery disconnect switch mounted on the outside at the rear of the vehicle. The nhra also requires that this disconnect switch be tied to the POSITIVE side of the battery, which means that if you disconnect the battery that way you can damage the vehicle's electronics from your EEC V to your igintion box etc...

this is a great way to transfer 60+ pounds to the back, but just be aware it opens up a whole lot of other issues. Get a copy of the NHRA rulebook and read it before you do anything like this...It would really stink to do this and then not be able to run the car...

JMHO

Fill
08-19-2003, 10:17 AM
Yes, absolutly for NHRA. However, IHRA for a street machine only requires battery to be mounted securely in trunk if you decide to do this. The tracks I run at by me are IHRA. But, you are right about NHRA.

Thanks for the info and yes, never disconect battery using positive side.

Phil

JTCOBRA
08-20-2003, 11:32 PM
have run the dyna bat all year with air and lights on

have had no issues . it might not last five years but

its still working

JEFF:HOPPY: