PDA

View Full Version : Of Shelby, concepts and coupes

falcongtho3
08-15-2003, 10:45 PM
The new issue of Autoweek has a juicy little blurb in its news section. Apparently Carroll Shelby is now getting cozier with FoMoCo. He's now not only a 'consultant' on the Ford GT program, but apparently he is working with Ford on a concept car for the '04 Detroit Auto Show. They also mention the possibility of a Daytona Coupe (my favorite car of all time) follow up, which would put into perspective Shelby's fight with Pete Brock (Daytona designer) who is importing a replica of the Daytona by Superformance. There is no mention of a Shelby/Mustang connection, but I would be more surprised if there weren't one in the future. Neither player in this scenario is one to pass up a money making opportunity.

Tony Alonso
08-16-2003, 08:10 PM
An affordable GT350, S197-style, would be excellent...pretty please, with a powerful, naturally aspirated engine on top??

falcongtho3
08-16-2003, 08:47 PM
OK, this could be fun...
New body style, how about 10 spoke repro wheels? Its already got the '68 Shelby style hood and tail lights, its going to have '67 style grille and outboard lights (trust me on this one), how about gauges in the console? What about '69/'70 style center outlet exhaust? Any other ideas?!:THUMBSUP:

02mach1
08-19-2003, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by falcongtho3
OK, this could be fun...
New body style, how about 10 spoke repro wheels? Its already got the '68 Shelby style hood and tail lights, its going to have '67 style grille and outboard lights (trust me on this one), how about gauges in the console? What about '69/'70 style center outlet exhaust? Any other ideas?!:THUMBSUP:

I'am for that:THUMBSUP: :CHEERS:

falcongtho3
08-19-2003, 09:26 PM
Hmmm...what stripes? I think '69/'70 style! Thoughts anyone?

falcongtho3
08-19-2003, 09:41 PM
A quick check of the 'First Mustang Club of Germany' at www.people.freenet.de/pony has brought 'confirmation' of a Shelby Mustang with the new body style. The editor has also just come back from holiday in Sweden (hello, Swede? You there?) with uncoming reports of Mustang mania in that country.:THUMBSUP:

Swede
09-14-2003, 01:17 PM
yes I am here falcongtho3 ;)

Tom

falcongtho3
09-14-2003, 01:49 PM
Glad to hear from you...don't be a stranger!:THUMBSUP: