PDA

View Full Version : My Latest Adventures in the Mach 1

the stallion
08-14-2003, 04:50 PM
Hey guys, long time no thread. Things have been crazy lately. I brought my Mach 1 up to Keystone track for a special fundraiser drag day in July, had a blast! I learned how to launch, how to stage, all stuff I've never done before. And despite the fact that I have only been driving a manual for 2 months, I did really well. On my first run I killed a small block chevy pickup. On my next run I went up against a custom late 90's mustang cobra. I beat the guy on the first run, he claimed his E-brake was on for the launch. We ran again, I didn't launch right and burnt too much tire, and as a result I lost. We went a third time, best of three, and I absolutely murdered his cobra. He lost by 3-4 car lengths easy. Finally, I went up against a old chevy Nova II, full roll cage, rough idle cam, the works. We went at it, and we were actually neck and neck until I missed third, at which point I lost. Otherwise I think I would have had him. All in all a great day, the car performed really well. Shortly thereafter a minivan backed into me at a stop sign, cracking the front grill piece. I finally got that mess cleared up today, got the car back repaired, and it is running great! Just wanted to see how everyone is doing out there in Mach 1 land!

-Dan
(Latest mods = neon kit, redline manual tranny fluid, Vortech mufflers running out 3inch chrome tips)

richtor
08-14-2003, 05:14 PM
timeslips?

what did you run the 1/4? what were your 60ft times? how and at what rpms did you launch at? im a newbie at the drags and want to learn.:THUMBSUP:

bullitt_5135
08-14-2003, 06:37 PM
Did I see "neon" in your sig????

:SMASH:

j/k.....whatever floats your boat.....

the stallion
08-14-2003, 09:14 PM
Lol, you did see "neon". While I'm not going neon happy with valve stem caps and such, I did put neon lights underneath the car. It looks absolutely fantastic at night with the black. I've had many compliments at car shows. Thats all the neon I'm doing though. As far as time slips, they were timing the 8th mile not 1/4 mile that day, but I will read off a time slip (the only one I can find right now).

My reaction time was .792, 1/8=9.535 at 75.05mph. 330=6.251
60'=2.220

-Dan

sandman
08-16-2003, 03:08 AM
I hardly ever reply but.....dude get the neon lights off your car! That is so rice it's not even funny. Not only do you make yourself look retarded, but the rest of us Mach owners too. I know I sound kinda harsh but I am sure many others have wanted to type this and not had the balls. :SMASH:

fastgta
08-16-2003, 04:13 AM
Hey Stallion, sounds like a lot of cars get a look at those lights in front of them. BTW, are you turning the traction control off, before you make a pass? Makes a big difference!!:THUMBSUP:

the stallion
08-16-2003, 01:02 PM
ok sandman, let me just run out and rip the lights off my car just because you said so. If you don't like the lights, well then apparently nobody will, right? (***sarcasm!) I think the lights look great, and therefore I am keeping them. They do not make me look stupid, and we all disagree on here about what is "rice" and what is not "rice". Chill out.

-Dan:??:

281CJ Mach1
08-16-2003, 03:29 PM
I'm curious, what color neon do you have? I always thought a dark colored car with the white neons underneath looked pretty good. Post pics if you have them!

Bill Hamilton
08-16-2003, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by fastgta
Hey Stallion, sounds like a lot of cars get a look at those lights in front of them. BTW, are you turning the traction control off, before you make a pass? Makes a big difference!!:THUMBSUP:

Dan, don’t worry about it. It’s YOUR car and you can do what you want. We all personalize our cars in our own unique ways. I’ve never owned a car, and my first new car was 1970 Grabber yellow Mustang, that I didn’t personalize in some small way. While I don’t personally care for the neon light look, I understand its part of today’s culture and if you like it, fine. Me, I’m kind of a “stealthy” guy. I’ll probably remove the chrome Mustang for the front grill and the little side Mustang emblems one day and I’m sure the purists will be pissed with that but, hey it’s my car and I can do what I want. ;)

codymach
08-16-2003, 11:37 PM
I wish we could shoot flames out of our "rolled tips"....thats not rice.....thats 50's muscle!

sandman
08-17-2003, 01:33 AM
your right, i'm sorry man. I truly am. You have the right to do what you want. I just read the post that I wrote last night and I feel bad. I guess I was in a weird mood. I hope you forgive the way I acted.

fastgta
08-17-2003, 03:05 AM
Originally posted by fastgta
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bill Hamilton
[B]Dan, don’t worry about it. It’s YOUR car and you can do what you want. We all personalize our cars in our own unique ways.

That's exactly how I feel Bill. I was trying to imply that the cars he raced, had a good veiw of the lights from the back ( AS IN LOSING). Meant as a complaiment , not as a flame. Sorry if you took it wrong Dan. :CHEERS:

Bill Hamilton
08-17-2003, 07:44 AM
It's all good fellas. Our differences are what make us stronger and unique:CHEERS:

davecrazy
08-17-2003, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by sandman
I hardly ever reply but.....dude get the neon lights off your car! That is so rice it's not even funny. Not only do you make yourself look retarded, but the rest of us Mach owners too. I know I sound kinda harsh but I am sure many others have wanted to type this and not had the balls. :SMASH:

:rolleyes: why dont you give him 28k and then you can tell him what he can and can not do with HIS car.

Chaucer
08-17-2003, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by sandman

I agree. That is very very rice.

the stallion
08-17-2003, 06:16 PM
Hey, thanks for all the posts guys. No offense taken, thanks for the apology Sandman. All is forgiven. The lights underneath the car are actually green. I was going to go with red, and I was told green looks really good with black, and the guy was right. The green underneath the black car at night really turns heads. I have no further plans neon wise, nothing inside the car, nothing else outside of it. I just got my MGW Mach 1 T-Handle installed, along with a silver e-brake cover w/leather wrap. It makes the interior look really good. I can't believe how much cleaner my shifts are w/ the redline fluid and the T-Handle. I had the car out yesterday, had it up to 140mph on an open stretch of highway in 4th, no problem. Its wild how fast this car really is. I bought louvers roughly a month ago, and of course they are on back order. When they come in I'm putting them on, along w/switching to Royal Purple full synthetic oil, and I'm going to drop the car maybe 1 inch with a full Eibach suspension setup. Winter is going to see new wheels and tires, maybe cross drilled rotors w/new pads. Who knows? The sky's the limit with a mustang!

Rock on Mach 1 owners
-Dan:CHEERS:

BLKCLOUD
08-17-2003, 06:43 PM
I'm glad you enjoy your car, and I wish you the best of luck with it.

The thought of neon anything on a Mach 1 is enough to make me want to puke - but its your car, and the image you wish to portray when driving it is your business.