PDA

View Full Version : Bad Paint

BluAngel
08-13-2003, 12:54 AM
Hey everyone, I brought my Mach to the dealership to have some problems fixed, and come to find out, there is an even larger problem. They were going to replace my side stripes on the lower portion of the doors because they were uneven and peeling. Well I go to check on my Mach a few days later to see how the progress is, and I notice a huge grey spot on my Azure. The paint came off when they were removing the striping. Being that I know a little about how paint works, the conclusion is made that the paint has not adhered to the car. They are flying a Ford rep in and he will be here tomorrow. I am quite ticked at Ford being they bought my last car back under the rehabition act here in Louisiana. I have had nothing but problems out of both Mustangs I have owned. Does any one else have any probblems of similarity? :OFFTOPIC: Does anyone elses leak on the vertical edge of the windows by the Mach460 sound speakers? Both of mine do... Hate to say it because the Stang is beautiful and performs great when it wants to, but this is probably my last Ford.....

1mach03
08-13-2003, 03:24 AM
I feel the paint job on the mach 1 is very cheap. It seems real thin and comes off very easily in my opinion. The paint job on my 96 violet mustang is better than the paint job on my mach 1. Hey you sure dont get what you paid for now adays. I wouldnt doubt if they rcall our cars because of the cheap paint jobs.:eek: I havent had any other problems with my mach 1. I feel all cars no matter what brand have a flaw or two about them. Sometimes you end up with a bad car no matter how good it is made. I hope you can get all the things on your mach 1 fixed and start to enjoy it. p.s let us know what the rep says. Tell him I said the paint jobs on our car arent that great. april the vettelady.

Midnight
08-13-2003, 04:36 AM
I have had the hood on my mach1 repainted already. The windows on my 01 gt leaked in the area that you describe but I didn't have the 460 stereo. I hate to say it I've owned a Ford of some kind since 91 but if I have too many more probs this will be my last one also.

305PNYS
08-14-2003, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by BluAngel
Does anyone elses leak on the vertical edge of the windows by the Mach460 sound speakers? Both of mine do...

I did, on the passenger side. When I checked it out, i noticed that the rubber wasn't seated in all the way on the door. There's lots of ill-fitting spaces on the rubber. i used a plastic collar stay to push it into where it was supposed to be.

Cheryl