PDA

View Full Version : Window sticker-truth or fiction???

Machspeed03
02-05-2007, 07:38 PM
We purchased an 04 Mach 1 Saturday from a local Ford dealer. I told the salesman it sure would be nice to have the original window sticker to display with the car at the Saturday night local cruise-ins beginning this Spring. He said I could order one from Ford. Does anyone know for sure if that is possible? I also need an owner's manual in case anyone can help me out with that issue as well.

Thanks!

2k4mach
02-05-2007, 07:40 PM
the dealer should beable to get it for you. my original got ripped up when it was taken off and the dealer ordered me a new one from ford. took about 3 weeks to get in.

hawk
02-05-2007, 07:40 PM
you can download the owner's manual:

https://www.fleet.ford.com/maintenance/owners_manuals/default.asp

I dunno about the window sticker

GRB60
02-05-2007, 08:18 PM
If you can't get a VIN specific recreation of your window sticker, post the particulars of your car and somebody'll get you one just like it! Need to know if auto or manual, IUP or not.

mach18604
02-05-2007, 08:20 PM
The dealer where the car was sold new has them all on file.. Find out where it came from u should get it!

guss
02-05-2007, 10:13 PM
email dzeni@ford.com thats were i got my copy from.you will need your vin # and he will send one just like orig.I cant tell the diff in mine.i lamanated mine and it dont cost nothin

machowner
02-05-2007, 10:36 PM
:agree:
I got one too, it looks good.

G
02-05-2007, 10:49 PM
:agree:
I got one too, it looks good.

Same here. I ordered it and forgot about it until it came in. It was a nice surprise and it looked perfect. :ORANGE:

prttychromekity
02-05-2007, 10:55 PM
email dzeni@ford.com thats were i got my copy from.you will need your vin # and he will send one just like orig.I cant tell the diff in mine.i lamanated mine and it dont cost nothin

+1 for me too, Got the sticker in about 2 weeks. Looks great.

hawk
02-05-2007, 11:28 PM
wow, you guys just sent an email to that addy with your VIN and they mailed you back a sticker? That sounds too easy.

Machspeed03
02-06-2007, 08:29 AM
Miracles still happen! I emailed Dennis Zeni at Ford when I got in the office this morning and in less than 5 minutes I had a reply from him advising me that he would process my request immediately!! So anyone that needs a sticker just use his email address from this thread and "ask nicely" and he'll do it for you.

shake this
02-06-2007, 10:45 AM
WOW...requested mine 30min ago and just got a reply. I bought mine used and never thought it would be possible to get the window sticker.

machfelon
02-06-2007, 11:28 AM
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a32/machfelon/windowsticker.jpg

gooberwiper
02-06-2007, 04:09 PM
I have no idea how many of these requests he'll take, but he forwarded mine along for action as well! :yeh:

I wonder what, if anything, the we (the Registry) could do for him to provide a little positive feedback/reward for just being 'good people'? He's doing a lot for good PR (with very little actual expense to Ford) with this simple act - seems like there ought to be a way to say thanks (of course, I did in the email).

Machspeed03
02-06-2007, 04:38 PM
I wholeheartedly agree with you. When I sent up the email to Dennis this morning, I had no expectations whatsoever of getting a reply, much less actually getting what I wanted-the window sticker itself! To my complete surprise, I had a reply in less than 10 MINUTES PLUS knowing he was actually going to fulfill my request. He was very kind in the email reply to me and like you, I expressed my ultimate appreciation. But there has to be some way we can express our appreciation for his efforts and his time.

shake this
02-06-2007, 06:17 PM
+1...not many people like him left on this earth.

mach18604
02-06-2007, 07:03 PM
Think he can help me..
I am having MAJOR isuses with Ford!

In my area we have E- Check.. I have a off road H-pipe and it wont pass.. .
anyways.. I can not get Ford to issue me any kind of paperwork @ all
that says our cars are limited production at all//

J/W...

Mach 1
02-07-2007, 06:32 AM
wow, you guys just sent an email to that addy with your VIN and they mailed you back a sticker? That sounds too easy.

Yes it sounds too good to be true. But its not. I emailed him last night, and received a email back at 5:45 this am that my request is being processed!

joekd
02-07-2007, 08:37 AM
Yes it sounds too good to be true. But its not. I emailed him last night, and received a email back at 5:45 this am that my request is being processed!

****, you got in before me. My email reply form dennis was at 5:49AM.

Thanks to everyone here for providing this info. I have been dying to get a window sticker for my car since the day I bought it and have crashed and burned on every attempt.

hawk
02-07-2007, 08:40 AM
yup. I had a similar experience. Someone named Monica is on the case already!

Thanks to Mr. Zeni, Ms Monica, and Guss (for posting the email)!

I imagine these folks have just gotten a flood of requests and are simply handling them graciously. I also would support an effort to thank them and make sure that they get recognized for their efforts. Anyone got any ideas?

joekd
02-07-2007, 09:32 AM
I also would support an effort to thank them and make sure that they get recognized for their efforts. Anyone got any ideas?

I am behind this suggestion 100%, unfortunatly I'm at a loss how to show our appreciation without knowing their company policy on accepting gifts from "interest groups" such as ourselves

Most large companies have strict guidelines to prevent kick-backs and/or lobbying

gooberwiper
02-07-2007, 09:23 PM
Agree - we don't want to get him in trouble for supporting us -- but a letter of thanks from the Registry or something would at least convey our gratitude (if the Founder would agree?). I can (probably will) do that solo, but I thought a group 'Thanks' would be nicer? I'm game - will contribute in whatever way is needed.

gooberwiper
02-07-2007, 09:25 PM
Think he can help me..
I am having MAJOR isuses with Ford!

In my area we have E- Check.. I have a off road H-pipe and it wont pass.. .
anyways.. I can not get Ford to issue me any kind of paperwork @ all
that says our cars are limited production at all//

J/W...

What are you asking Ford to do for you? They can't (it's a felony to remove the cats for street use) help you 'pass' Echeck without the cats. Limited production doesn't (last I checked?) excuse a car from following the federal emissions standars or state laws. In Ohio when they did 'Echeck', the car had to be 25 years old to be exempt. Why not just bolt the catted pipe on, run the echeck, then bolt the o/r back in?

G
02-07-2007, 11:39 PM
What are you asking Ford to do for you? They can't (it's a felony to remove the cats for street use) help you 'pass' Echeck without the cats. Limited production doesn't (last I checked?) excuse a car from following the federal emissions standars or state laws. In Ohio when they did 'Echeck', the car had to be 25 years old to be exempt. Why not just bolt the catted pipe on, run the echeck, then bolt the o/r back in?

PITA but really the only way to keep others out of it. :eyebrows:

I really like some things about AL. :HOPPY:

ftctoolftc
02-08-2007, 03:16 AM
Luckily the dealership where I got mine is out of business now. NiceZ! Someone want to do the email thing for me? I'm lazy...

hawk
02-08-2007, 07:02 AM
Luckily the dealership where I got mine is out of business now. NiceZ! Someone want to do the email thing for me? I'm lazy...

Ok, I just did the email thing for you. You should get yours any day now.

Orange Crush
02-08-2007, 11:25 AM
Dennis couldn't help with my request (which was fine); I was asking for a sticker other than the Mach. He is getting overwhelmed, and asked me to pass this info along. He needs the serial number and your mailing address, and he has only has a ten year history on file (1999-2008). He is getting 10 - 15 requests per day, which he stated is over his daily task.

His response was quick and professional.

ftctoolftc
02-08-2007, 05:52 PM
Ok, I just did the email thing for you. You should get yours any day now.gasp! but it'll just be sent to the magical world of nowhere and the magical wonder of no vin!:rolleyses

Anyways... I guess I'll do it. Just was tired after doing statics homework.:what:

Mach 1
02-12-2007, 06:04 PM
I received my window sticker today. I don't know how to show my graditude to Dennis, other than to say thank you, which I did via e-mail. :worship:
And also a thank you to guss for the info! :THUMBSUP:

Machspeed03
02-12-2007, 07:34 PM
Well, I started this thread exactly one week ago today hoping I might get "lucky" and be able to come up with a replacement window sticker for our 04 Mach 1. Someone was kind enough to post a reply providing an email address for someone at Ford and even then I thought it would be quite a longshot to get one. But I emailed him one week ago today and miracle of all miracles-I opened my mailbox when we got home from work today and there it was-my brand new original (duplicate) window sticker! Just one week is all it took to get something I never thought I would be able to secure!!

:hail1:

hawk
02-19-2007, 12:50 PM
Email Sent:

"Dennis and Monica;
Thank you very much for my sticker! I know you both have jobs to do and I really appreciate you taking the time to respond to my request. I'm proud to own and drive both my Fords, and I plan to buy more.

If there is a supervisor or someone whom I can contact and pass along an "attaboy" for you, please forward their info and I would be glad to do so."

Reply from Dennis Zeni:

"John, no need for a attaboy, just keep on buying Ford's!!!"

Mach 1
02-19-2007, 03:22 PM
" just keep on buying Ford's!!!"

When I emailed my thanks to Dennis, I got the same response.

mmustangsrus
02-19-2007, 04:21 PM
email dzeni@ford.com thats were i got my copy from.you will need your vin # and he will send one just like orig.I cant tell the diff in mine.i lamanated mine and it dont cost nothin thats were i got mine from :yeh: :CHEERS:

QDRHRSE
02-20-2007, 11:17 AM
I just sent a request to him....I guess that I'll have to wait and see.

VictorP
02-20-2007, 11:49 AM
my request was just processed, We shall see how long it takes to arrive... nice info BTW

QDRHRSE
02-20-2007, 12:09 PM
My request was processed too.

03Mach1DSG
02-22-2007, 06:12 PM
i got mine today.

mmustangsrus
02-22-2007, 06:40 PM
i got mine in the mail yesterday :COOL:

guss
02-22-2007, 09:00 PM
in a week after you get your new window sticker you will get a call from someone at ford asking you if what you got was in a timley manner and what not.thats when you tell them how pleased you was.i dont no dennis.i got his email from someone on another forums but i told the person that called me that if everyone was like dennis doing a good job ford would be doing alot better buisness.i like people that likes there job and not just the money

IMachU
02-22-2007, 10:24 PM
Just sent him an email. What a cool guy at Ford!

mmustangsrus
02-22-2007, 10:47 PM
Just sent him an email. What a cool guy at Ford! x2 :yeh: i sent him a thank you e-mail :gears:

QDRHRSE
02-28-2007, 08:06 AM
Fact. I got mine yesterday. I have IUP and didn't even know it. I'll have to double check when I pick up the car.

HAEG
03-02-2007, 02:21 PM
I sent the email 2/23/07 and got the widow sticker yesterday 3/1/07.
Thanks to Dennis.

gbranton
03-02-2007, 03:22 PM
Dennis has been doing this for a few years now. I don't know what his official position is with the company, but if Ford had more people like him they wouldn't be in the shape they are in. Any company would be proud to have a guy who handles customers the way he does.

Zor
06-25-2007, 05:46 PM
Just to let you guys know, Dennis was supposed to retire this month and sticker replacements were taken over by bonnie mills. Unfortunately the cutoff for this service was June 1st according to her email.

Kindda stinks, i just received the window sticker for my sold lightning, and dont have one for the Mach.