PDA

View Full Version : Hold on IUP preventing my car from being built

wannabDSG
10-02-2002, 11:41 AM
Just got off the phone with the dealer. He said that Ford was ready to schedule my order, but said they couldn't because there was another indefinate hold on IUPs. My dealer is only going to receive one Mach 1 before January, and its going to be without the IUP, so if I dont remove the IUP from my order, its next year before I see my car.
Anyone have anymore info on this, what should I do?

Walt
10-02-2002, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by wannabDSG
Just got off the phone with the dealer. He said that Ford was ready to schedule my order, but said they couldn't because there was another indefinate hold on IUPs. My dealer is only going to receive one Mach 1 before January, and its going to be without the IUP, so if I dont remove the IUP from my order, its next year before I see my car.
Anyone have anymore info on this, what should I do?

I wonder what might be happening to Mach 1's with the
IUP that have already been scheduled?

Anyway, I would ask Ford directly through their
website at http://www.customersupportctr.com. They
can look directly at the Vehicle Order Status Bank and let
you know what is actually happening.

Just go to that website, ask any old dumb question in
the second box. In the next, reply, page, you will be
offered a chance to email them. Use that option to
ask about the status of your order. They seem to
take any questions very seriously, and will dig deep to
get you a full answer (if one exists anywhere).

Walt
10-02-2002, 12:44 PM
I wonder if any parts needed for the Mach 1 are being
imported, and come through the west coast sea ports?

XCR440SP
10-02-2002, 01:06 PM
I looked in Conceps (where we order cars) and it doesn't list any holds. I also looked in the Dealer News Bullitten and the only hold listed was Mach 1 with auto trans (TBD no date estimated). So I don't know what to tell you. There are several possible answers

1. I missread the DNB and he's right

2. He's confused and got the wrong item, or its on a different order combination

3. Your region has different controls than mine and they're out of IUP allocation

4. He knows something that hasn't been announced yet. If thats the case it should get announced in Fridays DNB.

5. He's trying to delay you to sell the first car to someone else.

I have no idea what's right, but I'd think that these are the possibilites. Not trying to start a fight, just listing the things that would be logical to me. I'd try the link listed above. Let us know what you find out.

Five Oh B
10-02-2002, 01:58 PM
I, too, checked bulletins and Conceps today. No hold on the IUP. In fact, I successfully ordered a GT Convertible today with the IUP - no holds popped up when I keyed it in.

wannabDSG
10-02-2002, 02:17 PM
I just sent an email through the above link. Says may take 3 days to respond, which I dont have. An order is being pulled on Friday and the question is, do I want it to be my order (w/o the IUP)or someone else's order. Dealer isn't pressuring me either way, but obviously if I wait, my dealer may not even get another car allocated, so I would be screwed.

Thanks XCR440SP and Five Oh B for checking your sources. Dont know why you are not seeing it yet. Is there some way I can instruct my dealer to recheck? Maybe I am the lucky first. If he is right, alot more people are going to be hearing this same story over the next 2-3 days.

If it is back on hold, I would assume order demand for production is outwaying the stock on hand at Ford for the UIPs and they have to put them back on hold until they get more parts.

FORD - I recommend that you offer some type of deal for those IUP orders you can't fill, so that we can have the same items installed later at the dealer for the same factory equipped price.

Thanks

02mach1
10-02-2002, 02:24 PM
Sound like the Mach1 autos are still delay but how long:confused:

XCR440SP
10-02-2002, 02:28 PM
According to the last Dealer News Bullitin it just says TBD (to be determined). This usually means a month or more, usually more.

wannabDSG
10-02-2002, 02:30 PM
I just sent an email through the above link. Says may take 3 days to respond, which I dont have. An order is being pulled on Friday and the question is, do I want it to be my order (w/o the IUP)or someone else's order. Dealer isn't pressuring me either way, but obviously if I wait, my dealer may not even get another car allocated, so I would be screwed.

Thanks XCR440SP and Five Oh B for checking your sources. Dont know why you are not seeing it yet. Is there some way I can instruct my dealer to recheck? Maybe I am the lucky first. If he is right, alot more people are going to be hearing this same story over the next 2-3 days.

If it is back on hold, I would assume order demand for production is outwaying the stock on hand at Ford for the UIPs and they have to put them back on hold until they get more parts.

FORD - I recommend that you offer some type of deal for those IUP orders you can't fill, so that we can have the same items installed later at the dealer for the same factory equipped price.

Thanks

Revised message

02mach1
10-02-2002, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by XCR440SP
According to the last Dealer News Bullitin it just says TBD (to be determined). This usually means a month or more, usually more.

Thanks, XCR440SP One more thing on autos Mach1s how about vin# for autos Mach1s would be on delay too? Or are they already made , "but" are they to put on hold until the Mach1s auto are made. What's deal with that?:confused:

XCR440SP
10-02-2002, 04:02 PM
Usually they won't assign a VIN to anything thats got a hold on it. If one was given a VIN before the hold came out they put it on Serialized hold which means they leave the VIN and when the hold lifts it will be one of the first built, but you won't schedule auto units right now.

02mach1
10-02-2002, 04:11 PM
Thanks Nathan, that's what I need too hear.:)

AustinCobra
10-02-2002, 06:11 PM
Just got off the phone with the head person responsible for inventory and orders at my dealer. He pulled up my order, and I listened to him go screen my screen. He said there were no holds on my order and I have manual trans and Interior Upgrade. He even bumped the priority by tagging it "Urgent" on top of priority code "10". Not sure what that means, but I'll take it!:D

AustinCobra
Austin, TX

wannabDSG
10-02-2002, 07:23 PM
I don't know what to say guys. You guys are the closest thing I have to an "in" with Ford. My dealer would have no alterior motive for not wanting me to get the IUP. He was more than happy to keep me #1 in line, just not with the IUP. Its also not like he is misreading something, he got a phone call advising him that the factory was going to pull one of his mach 1 orders on Friday, but they couldnt pull their #1 order (mine) because of the IUP. I will see if customer svc comes back with anything thursday and let you know. If they don't, I'm f'd and will tell them to remove it so I don't lose out on the car all together. Again thanks for your checking.

Walt
10-02-2002, 07:38 PM
I read that only 20% of Mustangs are suppose to have
the IUP. Maybe your dealer already reached 20% with
their orders for other people's V6 and GT Mustangs with
the IUP.

I wonder if you, or anyone, tried to order a non-Mach 1
Mustang with the IUP from this one dealer, if it would be
put into hold too???

Just a thought....

Walt
10-02-2002, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by AustinCobra
He said there were no holds on my order and I have manual trans and Interior Upgrade

Wow, that is very good news! :)

XCR440SP
10-02-2002, 07:47 PM
Another suggestion if you can live without the IUP. You can try ordering without to get it scheduled and then try to add it after the VIN is assigned. Scheduled units can be changed up until their locked in so if the hold were to lift in a week or two the option could be added. Worst case you don't get the IUP.

70MachCJ
10-02-2002, 07:50 PM
Hey guys, is it just me or does Ford seem really screwed up on this IUP deal. By that I mean that Ford knew over six months ago that they would indeed be offering this option on at least 6000 cars(Mach 1's) and at least 1/3 of normal production Stangs. For each of the first few months, they will average 124 Machs per week(500 per month), along with approximately 16000 regular stangs per month. So this would break down to approximately 5500 IUP units required per month, perhaps less cause these are just guesses. I suppose the point of this long ramble is, Ford has known for a long damned time that they would be needing several thousand IUP's per month. Why the hell didn't they order the **** things earlier instead of waiting till the last minute? It just doesn't make sense to me how a couple of pieces of billet aluminum, painted plastic, and stainless steel could hold these cars up a week before start of production. Either Ford is really that Bass Ackwards, or something more serious than the IUP is to blame.

Of course there is also the possibility that this is yet another rumor started by the Morons at the dealerships.

wannabDSG
10-02-2002, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by Walt
I read that only 20% of Mustangs are suppose to have
the IUP. Maybe your dealer already reached 20% with
their orders for other people's V6 and GT Mustangs with
the IUP.

Not sure if this is measured at the dealer level or not, but the rest of what you said is spot on with my comments on September 10th thread "Possible explanation for IUP hold" in regards to the original IUP hold that was eventually removed. Here were my comments at that time:

"My dealer told me today that Ford only projected installation of the Interior Upgrade Package on 20% of the vehicles across the entire 2003 mustang product line. Could it be that they have been inundated with IUP orders and they are scrambling to figure out how to fill them. If 80% of the Mach 1s were ordered with the IUP, Ford would have already received orders for 5,200 and this is only September of 02'. Plus the hundreds or thousands of other orders for the Cobra, GT, etc. Here is where I am going with this. Lets say total Mustang production is 160,00. 20%=32,000 total upgrade packages over 12 months of production. That means Ford, and therefore their suppliers, only anticipated a need for 2,666 upgrade packages per month. I would bet there are 10,000 IUP orders in the order banks right now!"

I guess my foreshadowing really came true, at least for me. Next time I'll keep my mouth shut.

wannabDSG
10-02-2002, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by XCR440SP
Another suggestion if you can live without the IUP. You can try ordering without to get it scheduled and then try to add it after the VIN is assigned. Scheduled units can be changed up until their locked in so if the hold were to lift in a week or two the option could be added. Worst case you don't get the IUP.

This is certainly the best option I have so far. Thanks:CHEERS:

TRMach1
10-02-2002, 08:31 PM
I was contacted by phone yesterday by Ford Customer Relations concerning my inquirery thru their website. They gave me the current status of my car as "locked in" scheduled for build between 10/07-10/11 and told me I could check back during the week of the build and they could provide me with the ETA to my dealership. They didn't really tell me anything I didn't already know, but there was no mention of any additional holds or delays.

02mach1
10-02-2002, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by Black98GT
I was contacted by phone yesterday by Ford Customer Relations concerning my inquirery thru their website. They gave me the current status of my car as "locked in" scheduled for build between 10/07-10/11 and told me I could check back during the week of the build and they could provide me with the ETA to my dealership. They didn't really tell me anything I didn't already know, but there was no mention of any additional holds or delays.

Now , Jim that's only for 5 speeds ,now all Mach1s autos are on hold or delay until we find out ,;)

TRMach1
10-02-2002, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by 02mach1

Now , Jim that's only for 5 speeds ,now all Mach1s autos are on hold or delay until we find out ,;)
I know that, Frank. WannabDSG's sig says he has ordered a 5-speed, so I thought that my post would be relevent. Of course now I find out there is about 5 different threads going on about the same thing. Is it possible for people to quit starting new threads about the same stuff all the time, geez:SMASH:

Walt
10-03-2002, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by 70MachCJ
Why the hell didn't they order the **** things earlier instead of waiting till the last minute?

It is called "Just in time manufacturing". A lot of businesses
started to do this about a decade ago. While they order
parts in advance, they don't have them delivered until they
are needed. This saves them having to carry the expense
of storing or warehousing the parts.

This all goes great until something unexpected happens
like a sea port dock strike.

Also, small companies which supply specialty parts, like
SS foot pedals, usually can't "instantly" double their
ability to make them, even if Ford unexpectedly doubles
their orders. Since they are specialty parts, Ford usually
doesn't have an alternative source all ready to go either.

70MachCJ
10-03-2002, 10:15 AM
Walt, that makes sense, but it still doesn't excuse Ford for not ordering enough in the first place. I mean honestly, they knew two months ago that they had nearly 5000 retail orders on the Mach alone. If 80% ordered the IUP, there is 4000 they would need over the next few months. Thats not counting the additional 20% guess of regular mustangs with it. My point is, if they were paying attention for the past few months to the order banks, they knew they were going to need more than originally planned. Its not like the got 10,000 IUP orders overnight.

BFVTHOKIE
10-04-2002, 02:33 PM
Alright, talked with my dealer he had said they received word that there was a hold on mustangs with the 18G (interior upgrade option) until 11/25. He was unsure if that included Mach 1's or not. He said their inventory person had received a fax regarding it from their rep. I asked to be sent a copy of the fax, and he sent it. It states "Their is currently a quality control issue with the 20003 Mustang. All vehicles ordered with the 18G option will be on hold until 11/25/2002, this may be lifted sooner if the problem is resolved".

I thought this was kind of interesting and wanted to share. Sounds kind of odd to me........so many different stories with this car.

PS: I still don't have a VIN, should I be worried?

02mach1
10-04-2002, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by BFVTHOKIE
Alright, talked with my dealer he had said they received word that there was a hold on mustangs with the 18G (interior upgrade option) until 11/25. He was unsure if that included Mach 1's or not. He said their inventory person had received a fax regarding it from their rep. I asked to be sent a copy of the fax, and he sent it. It states "Their is currently a quality control issue with the 20003 Mustang. All vehicles ordered with the 18G option will be on hold until 11/25/2002, this may be lifted sooner if the problem is resolved".

I thought this was kind of interesting and wanted to share. Sounds kind of odd to me........so many different stories with this car.

PS: I still don't have a VIN, should I be worried?

Jim going be mad oh boy,:eek:

no you shouldn't be worried , about VIN# my VIN#hasn't come it So don't worried about it. Go VA tech.

Hey,guys sound like MM&FF was right about Mach1 will out in Jan.now:rolleyes:

POLSMACH03
10-04-2002, 02:56 PM
who the hell knows anymore or better still who the hell ever DID know!!!!

I'm convinced there will be holds of some sort on our new cars even after we have our vehicles in our driveways if you believe all you read here!!!!!!

This reading is almost as comical as those soap operas on the tube.

:MADNOEL: :MADNOEL: :MADNOEL: :MADNOEL:

02mach1
10-04-2002, 03:01 PM
What if your Mach1s comes in Jan or Feb but not Nov. hmm. then what hehe.:LAUGH: :HOPPY:

BFVTHOKIE
10-04-2002, 03:10 PM
Thanks. I was worried about that VIN.
Now I'm just hoping we don't have some terrible winter here in VA...when my Mach 1 comes in. I have a nice 1300 mile drive from Florida (where I bought the car) to northern VA (it's garage). Oh well :) can always play slip and slide if its icy.

Glad to see another Hokie fan on the board!

02mach1
10-04-2002, 03:19 PM
Thanks. I was worried about that VIN.
Now I'm just hoping we don't have some terrible winter here in VA...when my Mach 1 comes in. I have a nice 1300 mile drive from Florida (where I bought the car) to northern VA (it's garage). Oh well :) can always play slip and slide if its icy.

Glad to see another Hokie fan on the board!

Are going going bring your Mach1 to the Roanoke Valley Mustang show on May 4 2003 Iam bring my Mach1 to the show.

BFVTHOKIE
10-04-2002, 03:32 PM
Thats 6 days before I graduate from here... So it will depend on what my final exams are like. If I can I will, now I just have to get some more information about the show.

02mach1
10-04-2002, 03:38 PM
You got it.

wannabDSG
10-04-2002, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Walt
I would ask Ford directly through their
website at http://www.customersupportctr.com. They
can look directly at the Vehicle Order Status Bank and let
you know what is actually happening.

No flame intended here Walt, as it sounds as if you received good service from this site. I on the other hand, just had the exact nightmarish opposite. I put in an inquiry the other day, to see if I could find out anything more about the IUP hold showing on my order. I received a call from my dealer today which started out with "I am returning your deposit". I of course exclaimed "WHAT?". They were furious that after all they have done for me, I turned around and filed a complaint against them with customer support! I of course spent the next 10 minutes trying to convince them that this was the farthest from my intentions. Apparently customer support didnt even bother to read my inquiry and just filed it as a "complaint letter". I think everything is smoothed back out with the dealer, but have no further info on the hold. Just a warning to everyone to BE CAREFUL.

70MachCJ
10-04-2002, 05:38 PM
You, I think I would file a complaint against customer assistance for that one. See what they say about that.:MADNOEL:

wannabDSG
10-16-2002, 12:21 AM
My dealer received a call from whomever at Ford that does the pulling of orders for scheduling. They said my order could not be pulled, due to a hold on the IUP

Around Oct 2nd, prior to the national hold thing, I was having the above problem with the IUP on my order. I have contacted customer support 3 times (twice through the internet and one phone call) without resolve. Has anyone heard anything else about a problem with the IUP since then? I think someone said they were told it was on hold until Nov 25th prior to the national hold coming about. If thats true, then it will be coming off before my car is built anyway, but I would like to try to resolve this while we are waiting.

Mr.T, or someone in the know, is there or is there not an additional hold on the IUPs for a 5spd, beyond the whole national hold problem?

:HALLOW:

Bullitt2371
10-16-2002, 07:17 AM
Calling Mr.T (w/no space)!

Is there any truth to this??:(

Thanx :HALLOW:

Walt
10-16-2002, 05:26 PM
Alright, talked with my dealer he had said they received word that there was a hold on mustangs with the 18G (interior upgrade option) until 11/25.

Just to add to the confusion, I thought I would mention that
my local dealer got in their first Mustang with the IUP, a GT
convertible, this past Monday (Oct 14).

So, yes, they seem to be building Mustang's with the IUP,
and possibly a bit earlier than the "original" Job 1 date of
10/7. The paper work on this particular GT noted it was
built on 10/1 (and why it showed up at the dealer 10/14).

BTW, the pedals all seem to be there, and they don't look
like they are about to break off. :)

I don' t know how this might all pertain to Mach 1's, but
the fact that something is getting built and shipped out,
might be of some comfort or interest to someone here.

realshelby
10-16-2002, 06:11 PM
This is not based on anything Ford has told me. However, based on what info I have pieced together from the dealership angle, other threads, etc. I think the "Quality Control Hold" has something to do with the ticking noise in the valvetrain. This problem has been documented by Cobra owners. This is one of the few parts that the Mach 1 would share with a Cobra and would not effect other Mustangs at all. It just makes sense to me. Remember that this is just my educated guess.

Mustang Matt
10-16-2002, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by realshelby
This is not based on anything Ford has told me. However, based on what info I have pieced together from the dealership angle, other threads, etc. I think the "Quality Control Hold" has something to do with the ticking noise in the valvetrain. This problem has been documented by Cobra owners. This is one of the few parts that the Mach 1 would share with a Cobra and would not effect other Mustangs at all. It just makes sense to me. Remember that this is just my educated guess.

I almost certainly would have to agree with you!!!!:THUMBSUP:

Twister Special
10-16-2002, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by realshelby

that makes sence to me. you could be on to something with your "educated guess". i for one wouldn't want a ticking motor. this waiting is the pits for sure but i want my mach to enjoy for a long time. recalls can be a big hassle. especially when the closest dealer is 100 miles away.

Bart
10-16-2002, 06:36 PM
There are a bunch of posts on the SVT Forum under 03 Cobra about the tick. Check this one out - http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=21428

It's a recent post that goes in the same direction.:)