PDA

View Full Version : magnaflow catback/tip?

Jim P
08-10-2003, 01:52 AM
a couple of questions on the magnaflow catback:

1) were the tips welded on or do the slip on and have some sort set screw to hold them in place?
2) have any of you guys bought or seen any of magnaflows rolled tips?

I plan on buying exaust for my car this week and have been undecided due to the fact I like the rolled tips. I did however see that magnaflow offers a rolled tip that looks similar to our stock ones. I thought if the tips just slip on then I would look at buying those as well as opposed to the straight cut. I have heard the set-up and love the way it sounds and feel this is the route to go for me.
Thanks

Bart
08-10-2003, 03:16 AM
The tips slip on. The Magnaflow rolled tips look excellent. 3.5" ones are very sharp.

Which system were you impressed with Magnaflow or Magnapack?:) :) :)

Jim P
08-10-2003, 03:38 AM
I was leaning more to the magnaflow. Right now still undecided. I had even thought about a Borla system to be different.
Thanks

ITLRUN
08-10-2003, 05:14 AM
Jim, I have also been looking at the same thing! I believe the tips that come on the system are slip on; but part of the mounting bracket is welded to the tip.

tallymach1
08-10-2003, 11:20 AM
They are slip on tips and aloow alot of adjustment. he regular magnaflow kit is pretty loud on our cars. Mine, since it had some miles on already from my 02, is very broken in and is fairly loud even under cruise. There is a little drone now also. Be very careful going the magnapack route if you like some quiet now and again.

ITLRUN
08-12-2003, 11:27 PM
Ordered my MagnaFlow exhaust system with the rolled tips from MV Performance (770-725-7862) today. I hope to have the x-pipe with converters and magnapack system installed Saturday. I'll post pics asap. :HOPPY: :HOPPY:

L.B.
08-12-2003, 11:49 PM
You will love this setup :D pics of the 4" rolled tips available...click on the link in my sig....

jimmyb
08-13-2003, 12:19 AM
those are sweet

ITLRUN
08-13-2003, 05:10 PM
OK, guys, I'm trying to order these dang tips and ran into a snag. I'm trying to order the 3" rolled tips direct from MagnaFlow and it seems that I will be required to order a box of nine (9) units. If there is enough intrest, I will consider buying the whole box, but I'm not going to buy the box for just two tips.

The tips are MagnaFlow part#35111. They are 18" long, 2 1/2" inlet with a 3" outlet.

I know L.B. uses the 4" tip and others use a 3 1/2" tip. IMO, the 3" tip would look the most like the stock tips and you would have more of a "stealth" look.

The cost would be around $65.00 for the pair. Anyone interested?

Edit: Yes, I'm pimpin parts for MV Perfornace. They are actually ordering these parts for me; but I'm doing the leg work.

Bart
08-13-2003, 07:06 PM
Call Harold at 517-449-7474 or email him at performancepeddler@mail.com.

I just got some 35114's from him this week and they were only $26.00 each. Shipping was very fast and he is great to deal with. Performance Peddler has a ton of stuff in stock, so they may have the tips you want on hand. The 35114's are the same as you want, just 3.5 inches.

He did me a Magnaflow catback with magnapacks to my door for $330.00. He also sells on Ebay and has great feedback.:) :)

ITLRUN
08-14-2003, 11:25 PM
:THUMBSUP: I will give that a try. Tell me what you think about the sound of the system/

POLSMACH03
08-15-2003, 01:58 PM
Hey BART ol pal glad to see you went with the Magnaflow. I am soooo glad I went with these and just yesterday got to hear them from outside the car as my 18 year old did a burn out right in front of his mother; his last one by the way.

I stayed with the 3 1/2" angled straight tips; thnk it looks a little more manly and old school. The magnaflows look and sound great any way you tip them.

Bart
08-15-2003, 02:47 PM
Glad to help guys!

Hey Pols - nice to hear from you and hope all is well. Last night I helped a friend put the same Magnapack catback on his 03 GT that will go on our Mach 1. All I can say is, wow! It sounded awesome! With the stock H pipe the magnapacks sounded so sweet, I could hardly believe it. Perhaps with a high flow cat or off road X it would be too much, but seems to me with the stock H pipe, it's a perfect setup. I'll be putting ours on as soon as the Eichbach Pro springs arrive. If the Mach sounds like his GT, I'll be doing this...:HOPPY: :HOPPY::HOPPY: :HOPPY: :HOPPY:

ITLRUN
08-18-2003, 11:20 PM
:HOPPY:

I installed the Magnaflow catted X-pipe and Magnapack catback tonight. WOW! The exhaust is simply awesome. The install was a piece of cake.

I have not added the rolled tips yet; but I believe they we take the instalation over the top.

:HOPPY: