PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: Northernish California Mach1 owners

NorCal Mach
08-10-2003, 12:01 AM
I'm feeling that we should meet up in the near future. Please make yourselves known if you live within driving distance of the bay area, or are willing to drive up for a Mach meeting :CHEERS:
:THUMBSUP: I'm thinking about about early or mid september or if it works sooner...late August. Please post your city and day availabilities in this thread or send to my email "Joey822637@yahoo.com". I'm already excited about meeting up with other Mach 1's...you should be too :COOL: Let me know. And if the board leader guy could get me a list of how many people should be in the northern california area that would be great too ;)

Talk to you all later :THUMBSUP:

Poisoned Pony
08-10-2003, 04:39 AM
Elk Grove, just south of Sacramento. Very much willing to drive down on a weekend. I'm open any weekend except September 7th, there's a Ford show across from Marine World in Vallejo that day

Mach1Pony
08-10-2003, 12:13 PM
I cruz the Northbay...live in Petaluma. I'm 15 minutes away from SearsPoint Raceway (Infineon). You can meet me there any Wednesday night when bracket racing is going on.

Have fun Maching around!:THUMBSUP:

Dragman
08-10-2003, 02:26 PM
Any weekend is usually fine with me!!! Fairfield, Ca.

70MachWon
08-10-2003, 06:19 PM
Can classic Machs come too:HOPPY: . If so i am definatly in,

I am in Redwood City, which is between San Jose and San Francisco.

NorCal Mach
08-10-2003, 06:34 PM
I see no reason for us to leave out the classic Machs. They are what makes the new ones so special. Anyways, here's the list of hometowns so far.

elk grove
fairfield
san jose
redwood city
livermore
san lorenzo

Come on guys we need a lot more... Lets aim for atleast 20 of us :HOPPY:

richtor
08-11-2003, 01:34 AM
hey guys a couple months ago i was invited to attend the shelbly club meet at sears on labor day weekend(aug 30-31). this is where ill be at least on sat. the guy who invited me said its open to all fords and for the yearly fee to join the shelby club you can actually trial runs down the 1/4. i still need to verify that part.

in any case this weekend would be very cool to do something in south sonoma county. maybe we can get a cruise together with the shelby crowd in the back roads of wine country. very cool cheers.:CHEERS:

any thoughts?

NorCal Mach
08-11-2003, 01:44 AM
Sounds pretty fun to me...Although I'd still like to try and get as many Machs together at some point in time to just have a get together...cruise...shoot da **** day :CHEERS:

Although please do find out the specifics for me...sounds possible for me...

Mach1driver
08-11-2003, 02:17 AM
I live in Sacramento and would be up for something as long as it isn't a 3 hour drive each way :D.

GR8FUL
08-11-2003, 07:37 PM
Vacaville and I'm in.:D

305PNYS
08-11-2003, 07:50 PM
Hello again,

This sounds like fun, let's make it fly. I'm out for Memorial day weekend though. I never go anywhere holiday weekends when I'm going to get stuck in bumper to bumper, sorry. I've got that whole 580/680 thing going on here.
I think everyone would like it to be close to their home, but I think since NorCal Mach started this, he should pick the first place. Maybe something geographically central? It would be fun to do this every 3 or 6 months if all goes well, and we could chose different locations.
Anyone up on great parks that we could BBQ at?

Cheryl

NorCal Mach
08-11-2003, 10:44 PM
Well thanks for thinking about me :THUMBSUP: Cheryl you're already on my good side...However I'm cool with driving a bit of a distance, just because I love how this thing handles. So far with knowing the locations I have so far, I'm thinking Pleasanton, or atleast close to that. That way, its 25 minutes or so (depending on how much you're speeding ;) ) from the South bay(my area), close to our 580 buddies, cuz I know how bad that road is. And it doesnt seem too far from sactown area. But you guys from up that way...just yell at me if you still think its too far and maybe we could bump it up a lil more northeast like antioch/ concord area or something.

PLEASE DO LET ME KNOW IF YOU THINK IT SHOULD BE CLOSER TO YOUR AREA FOR TRAVEL DISTANCE...

City List:
elk grove
fairfield
san jose
redwood city
livermore
san lorenzo
vacaville

tim2003mach1
08-12-2003, 12:10 AM
P-town is cool with the San Lorenzo Mach.

By the way, just got my Honeycomb panel on. As well as getting my ATS Chrome Mach 1 Wheels in today. Now, to convince the wife the wheels and tires are critical to the driving of the car.

I'll be whereever the meeting is. I don't mind driving.

Poisoned Pony
08-12-2003, 02:26 AM
I don't mind driving at all either. I'm down in San Jose 2 weekends out of the months, so I'm used to it

351c.i.d
08-15-2003, 12:07 AM
Wait for me!!! LOL
Im stuck flying back and forth between Bagdad and Kuwait until the 26th of this month. (or somewhere around there)
I dont mind driving either, just let us know!

Greetings to everyone from lovely Kuwait by the way.

NorCal Mach
08-15-2003, 03:30 AM
We aren't about to leave anyone behind. Although it looks like a small turnout so far. Kind of disappointing, but I suppose its because people probably wanna see it work once before they want to commit, so I'll start thinking of a cool meeting area, near a nice area of winding roads to enjoy our sweet handling. :CHEERS: :THUMBSUP: :HOPPY:

It's up to you guys whether we wanna go do a lil cruise. Just lemme know and I'll find cool cruisin' turf. :HOPPY:

Poisoned Pony
08-22-2003, 01:56 AM
there's a show coming up. Sunday, September 7th at the Solano County Fairgrounds (across from 6 Flags MarineWorld). I'm all pre-registered, anyone else attending this show?

http://www.funfordsunday.com/

Mach1driver
08-22-2003, 02:33 AM
[i]

PLEASE DO LET ME KNOW IF YOU THINK IT SHOULD BE CLOSER TO YOUR AREA FOR TRAVEL DISTANCE...

City List:
elk grove
fairfield
san jose
redwood city
livermore
san lorenzo
vacaville [/B]

Don't see Sacramento on your list but, I'll have to pass if it's in Pleasanton my wife is 8 months pregnant and thats about a 2 1/2 hour drive from my house if your planning to be anywhere near the fairgrounds.

NorCal Mach
08-22-2003, 02:36 AM
I didnt know about the Solano county thing. I dunno if i could make it up there, but it sounds fun.

FMX1
08-22-2003, 02:46 AM
Depending on the when and where I could be there, a little closer would be nice. I'm down on Central Coast.
Santa Maria.

NorCal Mach
08-22-2003, 01:03 PM
I saw another Mach1 today up in cupertino. I followed him into a parking lot to look at it, cuz i hadnt seen a blue out in the sun. Very pretty car, but the guy seemed like an ***...so i didnt say what up. But dude if you're on these boards....get a personality. :HOPPY:

04Retro
08-22-2003, 03:40 PM
the two biggest Nor Cal events are taking place over the next 2 upcoming weekends (NOT this one).

Saturday August 30th-Sears Point for Nor Cal Shelby Club Mini-Nats....even if your not running the track come on out! Lots of hot Ford iron to be had-original Shebly Mustangs, Boss 302's, a GT 40 or 2......very open pit areas to walk around --total eye candy day.......
The Sacramento area Mustang club will be making a run out of it from Sacramento that morning..Any Sacramento/Davis types are more then welcome-pm me for details

Sunday Sept 7th Nor Cal Ford Council has their BIG annual show --over 400 + cars at the Solano County Fairgrounds--cars are parked on the grass throught out the Fairgrounds--not just Mustangs but Fords of all years.....This is the best Northern California Ford car show--again, the Sacramento Area Mustang Cub will be making a run down

NOTE: Last March we had to move the Bullitt/Mach 1 gathering at Hearst Castle several times to try to get the perfect date for everyone...well the key person one of the dates got moved for ended up being a no show (for very good reason; life happens)...you will find it impossible to pick the perfect date and location for everyone--so in the words of Nike--JUST DO IT!

70MachWon
08-22-2003, 03:43 PM
It would be awsome to have a cruise. Luckily my suspension is better than stock so i can handle those twistys as well:D .

I think something like a cruise then BBQ would be cool.

Mach1Pony
08-22-2003, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by 70MachWon
It would be awsome to have a cruise. Luckily my suspension is better than stock so i can handle those twistys as well:D .

I think something like a cruise then BBQ would be cool.

Yeah, a "Bar-be-cruz":THUMBSUP:

70MachWon
08-23-2003, 08:18 PM
Yeah, a "Bar-be-cruz"

Haha that is great.
I second the Bar-be-cruz.:THUMBSUP:

richtor
08-26-2003, 02:48 AM
later this week im headed to sears pt a couple of times. going to the wed night drags should be a blast. my first time bracket racing. hoping i can get some consistent times.
then ill be there again on sat for the shelby club meet. talk to one of the members a while back and he was totally cool. invited all the hot rod fords and i out to the meet. should be a :HOPPY:

hope to see some of you guys there either day.

Hitman
10-15-2003, 10:52 PM
Looks like I got in on this alittle late.....:SMASH:

oh well, I'm in Rohnert Park CA......and am in on what ever is going on.....:D

did the screen thing
raised the shaker 1/4 or so "
gained about 5 pounds in my right foot right after I bought the mach

NorCal Mach
10-15-2003, 11:08 PM
Hello once again all of you NorCal Machers... I've met and run into a couple Machs in the area around San Jose, but most were older people who cared nothing about their car other than it being like the one they used to have...Mean peoples...anyways....Lets try this again and see who all is available....

This is going to be a go if its the last thing I do...haha :COOL:

So everyone....Lets reply this thread up and get everyone's availibility for either a friday evening, or saturday/sunday event... BBQ for sure....not too sure on the road we shall cruise yet...(to show off our cool cars :THUMBSUP: :worship: ) however, I have a couple great ideas for those who like the twisties :CHEERS: .

Anyways...lets get at it and try to aim for a Halloween/1st week november cruise/bbq

talk to you all later
~ Joey (OH3MACH)

jtack
10-16-2003, 12:47 AM
I would be willing to come on a saturday/sunday. I live in San Luis Obispo which is 2 1/2 hours or so south.

Poisoned Pony
10-16-2003, 03:40 AM
saturday or sunday works for me :THUMBSUP:

351c.i.d
10-16-2003, 07:14 AM
Halloween works out great for me, its my bday!! It would be cool to meet some more mach owners and hangout.

richtor
10-16-2003, 01:33 PM
im working a party fri night. sat afternoon is good for me but have a party to go to that night. sunday im working on sunday at 3.

im good sat/sun if we start early like 10 or 11 am. i vote for the twisty back roads of sonoma/napa county's where we could all cruise to mario andretti's winery. we could all teach him how to drive. ha ha

im also planning on wed night drags at sear pt the 29th of oct my birthday. hope some of you can make it and show the ls1's what the mach's can run.:ANGEL:

70MachWon
10-16-2003, 01:41 PM
Holloween isn't to good for me, actually that whole weekend is bad. It is Homecomming night for my High school. I like the first week of November thing.

Hitman
10-16-2003, 08:17 PM
sat sounds like fun count me and my lil' 7yr old girl in, she already luvs to cruise with her ol'man... how kewl is that.:COOL:

04Retro
10-16-2003, 09:52 PM
sat/sun works best--just pick a date and meeting place and announce it and folks will come.

NorCal Mach
10-17-2003, 06:48 AM
:D cruisin wit da ol' man...haha, thats cool, I'm only 21. Anyways... I'm looking at November 2nd...not too sure yet, cuz I need to fake sick to get the day off...either the 1st or the 2nd actually seem pretty good, we'll set any date that works in stone after we have a much more accurate idea of the weather so we arent all taking turns spinning out :COOL:

TTYL
~Joey

--I'm still not exactly quite sure what roadways we can play with...We have hwy 9 in my area...which is fun cuz there is actually a cafe (great food) called alice's at the summit and it makes for an awesome drive all the way down to the beach. There's Altamont(sp), then there is napa valley? i dunno...throw out some ideas and I'll check it out :THUMBSUP: :HOPPY:

Hitman
10-18-2003, 12:11 AM
hmmm... gonna have ta think about where to cruz:HALLOW:

NorCal Mach
10-18-2003, 07:25 AM
Hey hitman...haha, you got your car the day after I did. :THUMBSUP: :CHEERS: Go us...haha, just had to be a nerd about that. Okay moment over...yes...what a perplexing situation we must overcome....where shall we cruise...:HOPPY:

351c.i.d
10-18-2003, 02:11 PM
I second Richtors notion for cruising in Napa. The twisties are awesome, and the photo opportunities at the wineries would be awesome with a bunch of Mach's!!!! Come on guys, we need to make some decisions.:THUMBSUP:

socalmach1
10-18-2003, 02:35 PM
I am really thinking of going but someone needs to finalize location........how about L.A.?:D

351c.i.d
10-18-2003, 03:10 PM
I'd hate for you to drive TOO far now.....

Hitman
10-18-2003, 04:08 PM
Napa sounds fun and semi warm, lets do something before the rain comes...:D

Hitman
10-18-2003, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by 351c.i.d
I'd hate for you to drive TOO far now.....

got a question for ya........:rolleyes:

so how much $$$ would you say you've put into your mach with all those mods 351c.i.d?

Hitman
10-18-2003, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by NorCal Mach
Hey hitman...haha, you got your car the day after I did. :THUMBSUP: :CHEERS: Go us...haha, just had to be a nerd about that. Okay moment over...yes...what a perplexing situation we must overcome....where shall we cruise...:HOPPY:

LMAO.... ya that was alittle nerdie:rolleyes:

but it was a good week to be buying machs:CHEERS:

IMachU
10-18-2003, 06:33 PM
OK, guys...I'm in if you are gonna go between L.A. and Sacto...or we So Cal guys could just do our own cruise...Maybe us and the San Diego folks could go to the Ortega Hwy for a good run. Either way, before the rain comes!

tim2003mach1
10-18-2003, 07:14 PM
Sat or Sun works for me. The first weekends of the month I'm usually working but any others are usually OK. We're open to anywhere to cruise, also. I'm going TDY this coming week (21-24) but will be home after that. I'm also planning on the FFW in Phoenixd 22-23 Nov. If anybody would like to criuse down, let me know.

351c.i.d
10-19-2003, 03:06 PM
Hey hitman, as far as money goes, were talking more than a couple grand for everything thats done, and I'm still not done. I'm still waiting for 4:10's, h&r springs, bilsteins shocks/struts, caster camber plates, full length subframes, electric water pump, CAI (when a decent one is developed), braided steel brake lines, and possibly a chip/or predator in the future.
This stuff isn't cheap, but I love it just the same.
Thank god I'm flying and making extra cash on the side....

351c.i.d
10-22-2003, 03:17 PM
So are we going to get together guys?? It seems everytime this comes up it falls through.....
Like I said I vote for Napa, does anyone else agree?
Maybe we need someone to head this up.

Hitman
10-22-2003, 05:23 PM
ok im in for napa..:CHEERS:

Dragman
10-22-2003, 07:27 PM
Hey Steve....let's do the Berryessa roads again...they should be more fun now with your 18's...We better hurry up, the weather isn't gonna stay nice FOREVER!!!!!What are you doing Saturday?

Poisoned Pony
10-23-2003, 12:19 AM
that weekend after halloween, I'm available both days :THUMBSUP:

richtor
10-23-2003, 01:40 AM
set a day and place then wait for people to show up. if you wait for everybody to agree on one day youll never get it done. i also recomend sat. nobody wants to drive home in sunday traffic.

351c.i.d
10-23-2003, 05:39 AM
Early Sat is looking good Dave. I'd say around 10-11 a.m? I agree the weather isn't gonna stay like this, and neither is my time on the ground as well. With my luck I'll be back on the road soon, so lets get together Sat.

Hitman
10-23-2003, 07:33 PM
grrr I have traffic school Nov. 8th !!! I was written up for doing 60 in a 55, can you believe that!! guess that cop had a big stick up his butt that morning......freaking jerk, that is costing me $157 , oh well I guess. :OFFTOPIC: anyways any Sat. but that one I will be there!

bleed blue
10-28-2003, 01:33 AM
I live in the Sacramento/Elk Grove area. Count me in for a cruise.
Just set a day/time and go for it. Sounds like fun to me.
Napa, monterey, apple hill...anywhere works for me.

FMX1
10-28-2003, 02:55 AM
I'd like to be there but I'll be in Phoenix that week, leaving the 29th won't be back until after the 5 of Nov. If a dissision for that time frame is made then I hope you all have a great time and a good hand full of you show up. A trip through Napa sounds awsome. Hope someone will post some pics. I'll try to catch a cruze some other time with all of you. Can't see this as being the only get together for us Mach 1 owners.

Hitman
10-28-2003, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by Hitman
grrr I have traffic school Nov. 8th !!! I was written up for doing 60 in a 55, can you believe that!! guess that cop had a big stick up his butt that morning......freaking jerk, that is costing me $157 , oh well I guess. :OFFTOPIC: anyways any Sat. but that one I will be there!

canceled!!! grrr but whooohooo!! so is there a date set yet or what>??????

70MachWon
10-29-2003, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by Dragman
Hey Steve....let's do the Berryessa roads again...they should be more fun now with your 18's...We better hurry up, the weather isn't gonna stay nice FOREVER!!!!!What are you doing Saturday?

Thats a great plan. I love those roads, and that lake. I pratically grew up there.

Name the weekend and I will try.

Poisoned Pony
10-29-2003, 02:50 AM
Originally posted by bleed blue
I live in the Sacramento/Elk Grove area. Count me in for a cruise.
Just set a day/time and go for it. Sounds like fun to me.
Napa, monterey, apple hill...anywhere works for me.

do you work at Elk Grove Ford by chance?

Hitman
10-29-2003, 06:14 PM
hows this SATURDAY sound to everyone? :HOPPY:

Dragman
10-29-2003, 06:55 PM
Sounds great to me!!!!! Let's just DO IT before the weather goes to s*&t.......who's gonna be there and where do we meet???
(Did I hear someone say it's may rain this Friday???!!!! AAARRGGGGHHHHHH!!!!

Hitman
10-29-2003, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by Dragman
Sounds great to me!!!!! Let's just DO IT before the weather goes to s*&t.......who's gonna be there and where do we meet???
(Did I hear someone say it's may rain this Friday???!!!! AAARRGGGGHHHHHH!!!!

so was this the berryessa or Napa run, either is fine wit me, I will ONLY go if there is going to be at least 5 others there. :D

351c.i.d
10-29-2003, 09:07 PM
Sat sounds great to me.
Now lets take some votes for both spots. I'm fairly new to both those areas. I know Dragman knows them like the back of his hand from his bike days. So Dave if you can suggest a spot lets hear it.

04Retro
10-29-2003, 09:25 PM
Out of town (Vegas Weekend) hopefully next time--however, no time for votes, debate etc---Dragman just pick a meeting spot with detailed address, meeting time and post it asap and folks will go!!!!!!!!

Licketty Split
10-29-2003, 10:28 PM
Hello I am new around here but I can't help but mention that there is a an Ato Cross event on sunday in Oakland. It is with SCCA so we will be able to drive our cars on the course if you are a member, if not you should be. I will be there with my 03 mach.

http://www.sfrscca.org/solo2/Results/2003/Slush/round4_info.html

351c.i.d
10-30-2003, 12:20 AM
You know I just realized....my mach is at the dealership for the head replacement.
I'm gonna have to bring the '69 which won't be nearly as fun in the twisties....
oh well, its a mustang right?

bleed blue
10-30-2003, 12:51 AM
I'm up for this saturday. Just post an exact meeting time/place & I will be there ready to roll.

And to whomever asked, yes I do work @ E/G ford.

1225kph
10-30-2003, 01:11 AM
Sounds good

Dragman
10-30-2003, 11:52 AM
There will be less congestion and traffic/tourists/wine tasters in the Lake Berryessa area vice Napa. We could meet at the In & Out Burger in Fairfield right next to I-80 at the Travis Blvd Exit. Take the exit, go right and then an IMMEDIATE left at the light-it's down 1/2 a block on the left. Be careful, you gotta get across 4 lanes of traffic right after you take the right at the exit. If you miss it you can take the Green Valley exit by the Ford/Subaru dealer and go in that way.
How's 11 o'clock sound to everyone on Saturday (Sunday if it rains on Saturday)??? Less traffic and law enforcement presence in the Berryessa area and more twisties.

351c.i.d
10-30-2003, 03:34 PM
Sat at 11 sounds perfect. Lets meet up at the In and Out burger like Dave said and then we can move on up to Berryessa.
Can't wait guys, I'm looking forward to it! :THUMBSUP:

Hitman
10-30-2003, 07:56 PM
k sat. @ 11 am, im there

bleed blue
10-31-2003, 02:00 AM
sounds good. Hope for a good turn-out. see ya there!

Poisoned Pony
10-31-2003, 03:03 AM
****, I'll be at a friends installing an X-pipe on my car. I wonder if I can get it done in time :D

Licketty Split
10-31-2003, 09:58 PM
I am new to nothern Cali. does Fairfeild and these areas have good cell service? I am on call:rolleyes: I will see you all there. Look for a yellow Mach 1 "03"

351c.i.d
10-31-2003, 11:13 PM
Your cell service should not be a problem. Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

Poisoned Pony
11-01-2003, 12:27 AM
switched the x-pipe to sunday, after i clean my mach, i'll be there :THUMBSUP:

Poisoned Pony
11-03-2003, 02:51 AM
here's some pics from the day:

http://www.mustangmods.com/data/1072/dsc01322.jpg
http://www.mustangmods.com/data/1072/dsc01319.jpg
http://www.mustangmods.com/data/1072/dsc01323.jpg

Poisoned Pony
11-03-2003, 02:53 AM
http://www.mustangmods.com/data/1072/dsc01324.jpg
http://www.mustangmods.com/data/1072/dsc01325.jpg
http://www.mustangmods.com/data/1072/dsc01326.jpg

351c.i.d
11-03-2003, 05:12 AM
Poisoned pony you took some kick @ss pics. It was nice to meet all of you guys, hopefully we can do it again soon and get MORE OF YOU TO COME!!!
Looking forward to hanging out with you guys again.
Here's an idea....they opened up a new hooters in San Fran not too long ago. I was just there last weekend and it was great. I think a cruise through San Fran in the lengendary "Bullitt" style would be great. Then we can top it off with some chicken wings and beer and......well I only go for the wings. :ANGEL:
By the way Dave....how can you even think of getting an STI? Just look at the pic of your car...it kicks @ss!!!!!

Dragman
11-03-2003, 11:50 AM
Dragman, 351 CID, Likkety Split, Poisoned Pony, Bleed Blue. A good time was had by all. Great to see some of the local Mach's together..FINALLY!!!!! Let's plan another one soon...the Hooters is at Pier 39...How did the Autocross go on Sunday Likkety Split?? Light a fire under your dealer so you can get your Mach back Steve, we want your ride there also...although, the 69 sure is a SWEET ride!!!

Hitman
11-03-2003, 08:43 PM
dang ... sorrry I missed out guys, had a little family thingie that didn't end till 11:30 in Petaluma, (was very bummed out) anyways San Fran sounds awsome though.......:THUMBSUP:
all your cars looked totally killer together, just missing one thing, MY WHITE ONE!!!!:D

Licketty Split
11-04-2003, 12:14 AM
Thanks to all you guys esp. drag man for showing us the canyon roads. I agree that we should do it again soon. I have an idea. why dont we meet at the In-N-Out in Mill Valley and cruise up Hwy one, Kick it at Stinson Beech, then back on the back roads and cure the road sickness with some Hooter, wings and beer. I may have screwed up the order there. :D

Heres to the great weekend! :CHEERS:

P.S. The auto cross ROCKED! a ton of cars on a good, a little slick but good course. and I ran decent numbers too. One problem became very evedent though. My Diff need a warrenty replacment. It spun the inside like no tomorow. That F$%King peace of S*&t cost me a better time. Ohh almost forgot. I kicked the crap out of an 03 Cobra not to mention the bow tie's. Need Tires though

:COOL:

bleed blue
11-04-2003, 01:05 AM
I had a BLAST this weekend. Sorry I had to bail early. It was my
first time really being able to see what my mach can do. Worth
every penny I spent getting it!!! I am ready to go again ASAP.
Nice to see those "brother" mach's and meeting thier owners.
Good job on the pics too.

Hitman
11-04-2003, 08:15 PM
I was thinking meeting @ vista point next to the GG bridge, then where ever you guys want ... still bummed I missed the last run:SMASH: oh well, I just got good news about a job upgrade, Brinks just called me about driving there bullitproof truck....:HOPPY: :THUMBSUP: