PDA

View Full Version : Ravin exhaust?

MusicMach
07-17-2003, 02:57 AM
Anyone ever heard of an exhaust mod by "Ravin"? I went in to have a squeak looked at and the guy was seriously trying to tell me it was a much better mod than the Flowmasters i was considering. The display it was on looked incredibly Ricey to me...any inputs? Thanks!

351c.i.d
07-17-2003, 04:13 AM
my buddy has ravin mufflers on his 95 gt with a 347 stroker on it, those things sound awesome. His have dumps on them though, so he has a little more sound coming out of them than normal. But overall, those things sound great.

Torch03Mach
07-17-2003, 05:16 AM
My friend had the mufflers welded in on his 01 GT and the thing sounded mean as hell. I dont know what kind of performance gains you can expect going with a less known company like Ravin.

codymach
07-17-2003, 07:01 AM
It would be interesting to see if a simple swap of exhaust: Flowmasters, Ravens etc increase horse power with out going to cat backs.....juz the mufflers.

runinLX
07-17-2003, 11:40 AM
my brother works at Midas and they use Raven exhaust there. From what i hear tehy are straight through mufflers-like dynomax etc. They are supposed to outflow flowmasters and i have heard them on a stock 01GT and they sounded very good. Im considering them on my Mach since i know i can get them for a good deal using my brother. Catted X-pipe adn some raven's should sound pretty good on the 4V motor i think

Shaker Dan
07-17-2003, 10:35 PM
Raven sounds pretty good and claims better flow than other mufflers. However, my opinion is it is a little generic and a knock off of Flowmaster and others. I will stick with the real deal. Too each their own. I believe when looking at just mufflers it is all about sound. I don't think a muffler swamp makes any difference in power.