PDA

View Full Version : Two Suggestions

L.B.
07-12-2003, 01:20 AM
1) A "Get New" button at the top of the screen with the "products" "user cp" buttons, etc. that automatically takes you to new posts....I have used it on other sites and it is very convenient and user-friendly...

2) Bring our pics back....the image attachment feature really takes the fun out of the posts...I have a dial-up connection but still never minded waiting for images to load...I don't think we ever had that many "image heavy" threads where it was an issue...

03mach1
07-12-2003, 10:11 PM
L.B.

Let me see what I can do with the Button.
There is a link under your login name for "View New Posts" but only on the main page.

As for the pics, it really slows the server down and causes numerous errors and timeouts and then I get a ton of emails from the server...that is why I switched it back to the Attachments....sorry....I would rather have speed over errors.

If people would post them in the Photo Gallery and just link them to their messages, wouldn't be a problem.

L.B.
07-13-2003, 10:25 AM
Thanks, Dave...one out of two isn't bad :D

I knew about and used the link on the main page but it's so nice having it at the top of all of them...thank you...:THUMBSUP:

03mach1
07-13-2003, 09:12 PM
L.B.
Sorry about the pics, but I only get a few errors from the database using them as attachments, otherwise I get tons of errors....I need to upgrade to the latest version...maybe that will solve the problem...