PDA

View Full Version : If you REALLY have to have one

TRMach1
09-28-2002, 05:31 PM
Looks like if you remove some of the tubing from the shaker you can fit a S/c in there!

FL Mach 1
09-28-2002, 06:31 PM
Wow that is a lot of work to put a supercharger on the Mach 1. I would say that if I wanted a car with a supercharger that bad. I would forgo the hassle and expense of buying and installing one and would just buy an 03 cobra.

1MeanGT
09-28-2002, 06:35 PM
mmmmm now we're talking! :THUMBSUP:

TRMach1
09-28-2002, 06:41 PM
Okay, to be totally truthful, that is not a Mach 1, it's a Bullitt with the CDC shaker kit. That being said, I don't see why the same thing can't be done to a Mach 1 other than possible clearance problems on the 32v DOHC.

Mach Won
09-29-2002, 01:45 AM
Yes id go with an 03 cobra you want to s/c. I like the n/a high comression choppy idle,ready to stall sound myself

Mach_Speed
09-29-2002, 04:02 AM
There is actually a way to hook the shaker right up to the supercharger! Pauls High Performance has it done to there stage II mustang. It is the SOHC 2V but I don't see why you couldn't do it to the DOHC 4V!

Why can't people see supercharging the Mach1?

That is exactly what the DOHC 4V guys did before the 03 Cobra came out! That is exactly why I would do it because you won't see many others with it!

Plus it will enhance the sleeper affect, "What it's only a 305HP Mach 1, does your ZO6 want some?"

:confused: :eek:

rjw158
09-29-2002, 11:27 PM
Is that a fuel cell on the right hand side of the engine compartment?

FAST-SP
09-30-2002, 07:34 AM
If I recall correctly from the mmff write up, that is actually a water tank that leads to the after cooler on the supercharger.

69mach03
09-30-2002, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by rjw158
Is that a fuel cell on the right hand side of the engine compartment?

Yes, isn't that a little extreme? Let's puncture our fuel cell as it sits in the engine compartment! :D

69mach03
09-30-2002, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by FAST-SP
If I recall correctly from the mmff write up, that is actually a water tank that leads to the after cooler on the supercharger.

:THUMBSUP:

FearMach1
10-03-2002, 06:09 AM
So we can put a supercharger on our mach 1's how much do you think it will cost to do so.

AustinCobra
10-03-2002, 05:33 PM
Ok,

Need I remind everyone that Ford went to a Iron block on the 03 SC Cobra because the Aluminum SVT block (the Mach 1's have)....COULDN'T HANDLE IT!

:SMASH:

AustinCobra

Sometimes people have more money than sense.

wldstng
10-25-2002, 11:43 PM
that picture is MRaburn's Bullit from Stangnet
it has over 420rwhp
the shaker is not functional yet!
but they are working on it.

and the block is plenty strong.

Amermuscle
10-26-2002, 06:30 PM
Just wondering, if you put the supercharger in shouldn't you decrease the compresion ratio in the engine to prevent SC detonation? Second thing is isn't the molding around the SC there for a reason, say prevent water entering the engine? I guess if some reputable company is willing to put their reputation on the line and give a warranty of sorts (like with the lingenfelter s/c) I may consider it. Just some thoughts on my end.

wldstng
10-27-2002, 06:48 AM
if your compression is over 9:5.1
then you should lower it to run pump gas.

not sure of why you make the comment about the water.

03mach1
10-27-2002, 08:21 AM
Here is another one that Classic Design had a hand in, I know someone is coming out with the plumbing kits for it.

I got this from the old forums, looks like SOHC engine, but give you an idea of the plumbing nightmare...

http://www.stangnet.com/sema2000/mca/images/DSCF0021.jpg

mgk2
10-27-2002, 09:19 AM
let's say we want to supercharge our Mach1, using the previous 01 cobra set-up like everyone else has eluded.. we have to redo the rods and lower compression or go to serious octane boost.
did anyone notice ford used forged rods in the factory built supercharger set-up/

colt .45
10-29-2002, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by AustinCobra
Ok,

Need I remind everyone that Ford went to a Iron block on the 03 SC Cobra because the Aluminum SVT block (the Mach 1's have)....COULDN'T HANDLE IT!

:SMASH:

AustinCobra

Sometimes people have more money than sense.

Ford is dumb haha

People have been running superchargers on Aluminum blocks forever. With a safe tune some have gone 100k miles.

MY block is fine even with untuned nitrous. :THUMBSUP:

wldstng
10-29-2002, 08:19 AM
there is a guy who runs at Ubly in Michigan
he has a 2v 4.6 with a blower, I do not remember which brand
but he does not run a high amount of boost (well not too much)
and I see him driving on the street every so often.

If it is tuned properly, it is just a bolt on power adder.

I also know a guy who has a 86Gt
he has a 4.6 motor in his car, he is running a Vortech blower running 11 #.

He is quick, he did something else to his motor besides the blower, he has timeslips showing real low 12's.

He has commented that if he could hook up, he would run 11's easily.

I think I remember him saying that he is going to upgrade his rear end this winter, so he can launch with slicks...

Phoenix-IT
11-27-2002, 01:20 PM
LOL! There is 0 point to running a shaker and super together. The shaker would restrict I think.... or at least be in danger of sucking something up to it at high speed. Heck, there are already so many bends in it that they need a second feed valve to keep it from restricting NA. It looks cool, and it's functional, but not necessarily all that beneficial.

The Mach looks cool.... I wish I had one.. but now I'm holding out to see if that future Boss 302 has the new 5.0L crate engine in it. Whooo Hooo if it does!

34Ford
11-27-2002, 04:26 PM
I thought we had a pic of as cobra with a cdc shaker on it and it was hooked up.:confused:

Dennis

sargepug
11-27-2002, 04:48 PM
Don't forget that if you s/c the Mach's, you also have to spend extra money for the tranny, rear end, etc to handle the extra torque. About a year after I did all of the mods to my 87' GT, my tranny blew @ 26,000 miles. Third gear went, which was the gear that was failing on all worked fox mustangs that were dragged often. So make sure you beef up all the necessary components.

Venmous28
12-09-2002, 12:40 PM
i have the mods in my sig...and im running 10#'s...perfectly safe and daily drivable...i can pick up and leave at any second and drive 500 miles with 27mpg...

all at close to 300 rwhp...

right now im waiting for the new heads and hopefully ill have close to or over 400 rwhp...safely.

its all about the tune guys....dont let people fool ya...